This!

And a big city map, not like Emita, but more like New York. City with high rise buildnings

What a magnificent sick feeling to go trough a city like that with your soldiers, everything is nearly destroyed and heli's over you. Then suddenly, another strike from OpForce.

I know, MW3-rip, and do not comment "Wait for MW3" or something like that. Arma 2 and MW3 is different. Making your own missions in New York.

Would be awesome. Sadly, there probably will be someone to make an anti-MW3 comment. Seems like there are some ArmA fans that feel threatened by anything that makes ArmA look even slightly like another game.

Edited by antoineflemming
quoted images removed

This!

And a big city map, not like Emita, but more like New York. City with high rise buildnings

What a magnificent sick feeling to go trough a city like that with your soldiers, everything is nearly destroyed and heli's over you. Then suddenly, another strike from OpForce.

That would be fantastic.

It would never be feesible though- the Arma 2 engine and map maker just aren't designed for dense urban areas like NY- and if someone did manage to make it somehow I can't imagine most of us would break 1 FPS :D

Still, we can always dream...

Edited by SW1

That would be fantastic.

It would never be feesible though- the Arma 2 engine and map maker just aren't designed for dense urban areas like NY- and if someone did manage to make it somehow I can't imagine most of use would break 1 FPS :D

Still, we can always dream...

Looks like Bohemia needs to fix that problem untill Arma 3.

But Fallujah (?) is a big city, and no lag, so if that map was remixed to woodland and urban "New York"-ish like it would be total dream come true.

Like, the big city in the centrum and more neighborhood-ish surrounding the central Big City.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Would be awesome. Sadly, there probably will be someone to make an anti-MW3 comment. Seems like there are some ArmA fans that feel threatened by anything that makes ArmA look even slightly like another game.

That's the prob, Arma wouldn't look like another game by a big urban american/western city, it would just be more variables in the game.

I'm kinda sick of just the big desert cities, and just woodland maps with so small villages t aht jo can run trough them on 2 seconds.

Oh and btw apologise bad english if you see some in my posts, not so well trained at english, yet just a norwegian teenager.

The problem with high rises is that objects can only be so big in the rv engine. I'm not sure if this is a dx limitation or an rv one. After a certain height, they fail to show up. So, you can build a building out of multiple objects, but object shadows only show up when the player is a certain distance from them, so the top objects would cast no shadow at all, and the further away you got from the building, the more shadows would disappear in blocks.

i wouldnt consider making a new york map copying MW3

first game i played set in NY was spider man :P

Well if people want skyscrapers that work within ArmAs geo lod limitations google - Shibam, Yemen.

That should be good inspiration for buildings that Could sit well along side many objects already available

Looking for someone to do an config edited for ACE for some US Army 'OCP' units. Possibly some other little things like that aswell.

If you can and want to help PM me.

th_usaocp.jpg

I was wondering if there ever was a mod that makes 'tree monsters', basically they are like trees that moan and they are alive, and they move pretty fast and can attack tanks realistically with a big metal thud noise like AHhhh. That would be great. Just wondering if there is like walking bushes or trees at least, that would be kinda awesome.

Dryad.jpg

I had this posted before but meh, it was locked for not being here apparently.

also, I kinda miss that old 'KLUNK' sound like in Operation Flashpoint, when you shoot some soldier and you hear this big sound like a bullet hitting a hollow tube or something lul. I get little or no satisfaction from mowing down troops in Arma2 anymore, and I think a lot of it can be brought back with those old, strange, effects (at least in a mod or something).

Edited by Leg

I think there's already a JLTV in the works. The IR cloaking thing would be easy to do, but I think it would be more likely to by done by someone who has the appropriate tank model kicking around already. I can't see someoen building a whole tank just to include funny pictures in the IR map.

Someone has, indeed! What you want is either Project '85, which includes American, Soviet, and even some German and Polish units from the cold war era (All of which are kitted out in era-specific equipment, of course,) or Vilas' Weapon-holders pack for his Eastern and Western weapon packs, which, among other things, includes an assortment of American troops in both woodland BDU and Desert camo from the Gulf War and OIF era, with all the 1990's to early 2000's kit you could reasonably ask for.

Both can be found on his personal forums, located here.

The Cold War Rearmed demo also offers a few such soldiers as well, and as an added bonus, it's quite the faithful recreation of content from Operation Flashpoint to boot.

P'85 gives you whole bunch of eastern units incompatible with any soundmod(Vilas ak's have their own shitty sound). One tiny addon with some US woodland soldiers would be great!

Hi all,

I'm working on an idea which will use ARMA2 (and hopefully ARMA3 when its out.)

I can't discuss the project at the moment but for it to work I need an addon or mod which records server data during a Multi Player game.

Essentially what I need is a way to play back a MP game the same way AAR works in VBS2. Using various camera angles etc.

Is this possible????

I have a small budget for developing this if its possible.

Please give your thoughts below or PM me.

Cheers

Edited by TheProducer

Yeah, the sounds are a tad problematic with P'85, admittedly, and there's a few bugs to be seen, but for me, the setting has always been interesting, (Cold War gone hot, "Operation Flashpoint/World in Conflict/Red Dawn/Red Storm Rising/Etcetera" sorta scenario, what have you) and thus, well worth the relatively small faults.

But, again, there is the Weaponholders pack as well, which only requires Vilas' Western and Eastern weapons packs (both of which are fairly up-to-date and ubiquitous,) and includes said US troops in a few varieties. Far more recently updated than P'85, and the sounds are quite a bit less jarring than vanilla.

Beyond that, if you're looking for period US soldiers in period camo and wearing period equipment, there isn't much in the way of choices. I'm just sharing what I know.

I've been thinking about simple addon that makes all AI's turn on their IR lasers at night(or flashlights) so you doesn't have to use scripts no more.

request :

mosin nagant ( i know there's already one for arma 1 ) + mosin nagant with scope, ppsh41, red army soldier and all their equipement & weapon i forget ( if it's not already done )

request :

mosin nagant ( i know there's already one for arma 1 ) + mosin nagant with scope, ppsh41, red army soldier and all their equipement & weapon i forget ( if it's not already done )

I think you'll find them here.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9729

Admittedly it comes with alot of other stuff. Soviets are under independents and it comes with a load of T34s which are hiding somewhere.

Requesting this for ze Germans:

G28_k.bmp

The new G28 Designated Marksman Rifle for the Bundeswehr.

has anyone made an Masterkey yet, i.e and M16 or M4 with an underslung shotgun instead of grenade launcher.

Thanks

that desert/orange/brown mix is ugly as hell - something like the desert kits for M60E4 ble

nothing beats original black

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

has anyone made an Masterkey yet, i.e and M16 or M4 with an underslung shotgun instead of grenade launcher.

Thanks

Yes try the RH MGS pack ;)

(^ MGS pack masterkey needs to be able to use buckshot ammo. Otherwise great mod.)

I would like to see realistic body armour (already modelled, but doesn't actually provide realistic protection) that is ACE wounds compatable.*

Armour piercing rounds, ball rounds and more (for example, for the 5.56x45mm: m855a1 ball rounds, m995 AP rounds [these would pass through the body armour easilly but actually do less damage to a unit], and mk318 rounds).

It would involve a seperate and new damage value in an ammo's config called bodyarmour_damage (like how ACE has vehicle_damage which is seperate to normal damage).

The armour has 'health' (after a few shots it becomes broken/inneffective. When ceramic armour is shattered, it can not stop bullets because it is designed to work in one piece [there is an advanced physics explaination that I don't understand :D])

Because it would work with ace wounds, velocity of the round at time of impact is used in damage formula and would allow for rounds to only penetrate or do damage to armour at certain speeds.

If anyone knows how to do this and would like to make a mod like this, please PM me, I have information regarding penetration of armour and different ammunition.

*If it wouldn't be ace wounds compatable, some improvements to the current AIS module like bleed out times and soldiers providing first aid while medics actually heal would make the mod more realistic than ace wounds anyway :)

Edited by Tom1