a good urban american map if there is one

FDF F/A-18C with different loadouts and paint schemes would be nice to see.

As a side question, is it possible to transfer FSX texture maps to Arma 2 textures? I've got a tonne of freeware FSX RAAF textures and if it were possible to copy them over, would be quite awesome.

Edited by Innomadic

I have been requesting this for ages now. There was one group of modders working on a map but they quit. :(

Your wish has been granted

I kid, good sir. ;D In the last few weeks we have at at least three SF-like multicam addons, so I believe that front is now good and well covered.

Edited by Hund

As a side question, is it possible to transfer FSX texture maps to Arma 2 textures? I've got a tonne of freeware FSX RAAF textures and if it were possible to copy them over, would be quite awesome.

no you can't, there are different UVs and meshes.

I have been requesting this for ages now. There was one group of modders working on a map but they quit. :(

best way to achieve something you really want is to get your own hands dirty

no you can't, there are different UVs and meshes.

Lame.....oh well.

best way to achieve something you really want is to get your own hands dirty

If you want something done right, you got to get it done yourself. :D

There's a shiteload of North American buildings in here! :eek:

Operative;1930237']I'm requesting the Colt Automatic Rifle.

Known also as the Diemaco C7 LSW' date=' Colt LMG, (Danish) LSV M/04, (Dutch) LOAW, it's in use by the Danish, Dutch and Mexican forces, aswell other ones.

Here's a link to a gallery of photos Pixagogo - DIEMACO C7 LSW (a must see), to Colt Official Site (wich contains the Specifications of the weapon) and to Mongo's Machine Gun Pages (that contains the Colt Automatic Rifle Manual).

Some of the images are from older versions that had the bipod installed further ahead in the barrel.

The version I'm requesting is the newer one, with the barrel installed in a pin that protudes below the handguard abd with the flat-top/removable carrying handle, exactly like the one in Colt website and in the photo gallery.

No need to include Beta C-Mags and such, but I must admit that SureFire Quadstack magazines would be nice (60 rounders, for sure).

Since the weapon does already include Park-Hale Bipod, carrying handle and forward grip, few variations would do, like including a Taclight (probably the VLI), IR illuminator/designator (like the AN-PEQ/2) and some optic (as the weapon counts with one rail on the top of the receiver and twin rails in the sides of the front sight post).

I was thinking about the M203 grip too, but nevermind.

Thanks in advance.

Theres alot of C7 and C8 variants in DDAM... :)

Duala reminds me of Detroit. :p

I cant really make the same style post here without breaking some rules so I'll just add a link to the request over at armaholic.

Squad Mission Support System

3D Model is included at the bottom of the page :)

Duala reminds me of Detroit.

Just make the temperature -50* instead of 150* and it'll be pefect.

As I've said many times before: if someone is willing to make a pack of US buildings, I can do the map.

VGTQkOiuqXI

MILES

I am requesting a MILES training tool for force on force tactical training. Preferably the system would force you to sit down.

Thanks for your time.

As I've said many times before: if someone is willing to make a pack of USA buildings, I can do the map.

That's great to know, I wonder if those USA buildings from VBS 2 could be ported over with permission, of course. There are some buildings from ArmA 1 and ARMA 2 that could pass as USA buildings.

There might be some free USA building models at this website: http://www.turbosquid.com/

MILES I am requesting a MILES training tool for force on force tactical training. Preferably the system would force you to sit down.

Could easily be doable with some scripts and basic models. Once a unit is hit, it'll play the sitting down animation. There's already a paintball simulation mod, so MILES shouldn't be too hard.

Edited by Laqueesha

That's great to know, I wonder if those USA buildings from VBS 2 could be ported over with permission, of course. There are some buildings from ArmA 1 and ARMA 2 that could pass as USA buildings.

then go ahead and ask permission -> port them over

There might be some free USA building models at this website: http://www.turbosquid.com/

LOL..he means ArmA buildings, not a (most likely, as in free) textureless_scaless_UVless_mesh

Edited by PuFu

then go ahead and ask permission -> port them over

Agreed.

he means ArmA buildings, not a (most likely, as in free) textureless_scaless_UVless_mesh

Shouldn't be that much work to port them over.

If you think it's easy breezy, you are welcome to do that. :rolleyes: You can find plenty free models on google warehouse just as well..

I for once, find it easier to start from scratch than work with someone elses meshes/models

Edited by PuFu

wants a laser designator that doesn't need a battery...

As I've said many times before: if someone is willing to make a pack of US buildings, I can do the map.

I dont know how many different kind of buildings are included with this, and apparently some of them need some work, but this was released awhile ago by Charon. I haven't used it so I couldn't tell you whats in it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11458

I dont know how many different kind of buildings are included with this, and apparently some of them need some work, but this was released awhile ago by Charon. I haven't used it so I couldn't tell you whats in it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11458

Some more USA buildings here, although for OFP: CWC.

http://awmod.uni.cc/main.php

If you think it's easy breezy, you are welcome to do that.

Not all of us knows how to make addons.

Not all of us knows how to make addons.

how are you able to assess the amount of work one would need to port it over then?

Edited by PuFu

how are you able to assess the amount of work one would need to port it over then?

A balanced estimate based on close observations of the subject matter, besides I was speaking on the point of view of an addon maker. Porting and editing basic 3D models is something that even a rudimentary addon maker should know by heart. I'm not a world-renowned celebrity chef, but even I know that preparing a basic meal using a microwave oven isn't that overtly difficult. :rolleyes:

Edited by Laqueesha

A balanced estimate based on close observations of the subject matter, besides I was speaking on the point of view of an addon maker.

that is something you can't really do now, can you?

Porting and editing basic 3D models is something that even a rudimentary addon maker should know by heart.

i am sure Mondkalb will disagree with you on the rudimentary part.

an enterable A2 building contains 5-8 visual lods, 2 shadow volumes, 1 geometry, 1 roadpath, 1 path, one view , and 1 fire lod + Uvs and texture - none of those are available in most of the free 3d models out there.

I know that preparing a basic meal using a microwave oven isn't that overtly difficult

making a pack of buildings is by no means comparable with sticking a meal in the microwave = hardly any work on your part (not even want to compare the obvious difference between some generic MW meal and a proper one here).

there is no point to drag this further. I never said it was a impossible task, but it is not as easy you make it sound.

What bothers me more than anything is people like yourself who wouldn't even think about getting their hands dirty (because they don't know how, while everyone else around here was born with that knowledge, or has a commercial interest for learning to), although they request one or another thing on a daily basis, but on the other hand have strong opinions about the difficulty of creating x or y object/content. The proper thing to do is to keep the mouth shut when you have NO idea what you are talking about

that is something you can't really do now, can you?

I can do it, and I just did. :rolleyes:

there is no point to drag this further. I never said it was a impossible task, but it is not as easy you make it sound.

You're right, there isn't any point to drag this further (whatever that means), yet you continue to drag it along. :confused:

What bothers me more than anything is people like yourself who wouldn't even think about getting their hands dirty (because they don't know how, while everyone else around here was born with that knowledge, or has a commercial interest for learning to), although they request one or another thing on a daily basis, but on the other hand have strong opinions about the difficulty of creating x or y object/content. The proper thing to do is to keep the mouth [sic] shut when you have NO idea what you are talking about

tldr4.png?1296666097

Edited by Laqueesha