Jersey appears to be on it.

Proof the limit is far greater than 20x20 :D

Holy Moly :eek:

That's awesome.

Now you mention it I do remember it.

In fact IIRC there was a quote somewhere in the FoW thread about the size of the map about it being re-scaled.

Mankyle: a smaller, dedicated map would be easier for modders to work with and probably more detailed so keep up the good work. BTW may I ask where you sourced your WW2 aerial recon photos of JE and GE?

Requesting some FLIR goggles. Shouldn't be too hard to make, just a few edits in the configs. You can even use the default NVG model as the base. ;)

Even better, how about a pair of goggles which switch between FLIR and NV modes, or maybe even a pair of goggles which can do NV and FLIR at the same time, similar to the AN/PSQ-20? :cool:

Or, if you're up to it, make the AN/PSQ-20 itself! :D

ive been looking into these myself since i heard the Irish Army use them, no promise ill make them :o

Can someone make some Camelbak hydration packs that function as OA backpacks? They can either have cargo capacity or can purely be for aesthetic use.

Also, can someone make some reskins of the Czech Vest Pouch, the Backpack (Coyote), and the Assault Pack (Khaki), similar to Lennard's reskins of the Czech Backpack?

Edited by Laqueesha

Can someone make some Camelbak hydration packs that function as OA backpacks? They can either have cargo capacity or can purely be for aesthetic use.

you want to hump ammo in a water bag? lol

I would like to see a script or addon that would allow you allow you to group your squad of AI into 2 or 3 fireteams without having to individually select each ai, so that you could give commands to the fireteams, not too the whole squad or individuals. this would allow you to more realistically mimic real life squad tactics like having 1 fireteam on line suppressing and have the other shift to the flanks of the enemy and assault through, or bounding overwatch with fireteams. same principle applied to platoon sized groups of AI, being able to break them down into squads. I think it would be a very useful addon that would fix one of the glaring drawbacks to Arma's realism.

Would like to see Medal of Honor 2010 - esque units and addons, like: Seals in MOH Seal Gear (the vests, helmets, grey protective combat uniforms), SFOD-D units (Dusty and Panther uniforms especially), Taliban/al Qaeda, Chechens (with the hoods/winter gear), TIER 1 BEARDS (like Dusty's and Mother's beards, especially), maps like Gardez, Shahikot Valley, Menjawar, Takur Ghar, basically a winter Afghanistan map (like in MOH 2010) with all those locations on that map (since ArmA2 maps tend to be big enough). A desert, mountainous Afghan map with light snow on the ground, as if winter just started. And not the low hills of Takistan that BIS likes to call "mountains", but like in MOH, mountains that have flat trails or small or narrow plateaus where units can basically walk along the mountain without having to walk up the mountain. A map like this could offer multiple gameplay options. Gardez and AQ camps for the CQB, and the more mountainous areas for the long range combat that could accomodate camping.

Would like to see Medal of Honor 2010 - esque units and addons, like: Seals in MOH Seal Gear (the vests, helmets, grey protective combat uniforms), SFOD-D units (Dusty and Panther uniforms especially), Taliban/al Qaeda, Chechens (with the hoods/winter gear), TIER 1 BEARDS (like Dusty's and Mother's beards, especially), maps like Gardez, Shahikot Valley, Menjawar, Takur Ghar, basically a winter Afghanistan map (like in MOH 2010) with all those locations on that map (since ArmA2 maps tend to be big enough). A desert, mountainous Afghan map with light snow on the ground, as if winter just started. And not the low hills of Takistan that BIS likes to call "mountains", but like in MOH, mountains that have flat trails or small or narrow plateaus where units can basically walk along the mountain without having to walk up the mountain. A map like this could offer multiple gameplay options. Gardez and AQ camps for the CQB, and the more mountainous areas for the long range combat that could accomodate camping.

for the SFOD units you have the Tier 1 operator in armaholic compatible OA/CO, for the chechen unit, i've found some good one but on a russian ArmA 2 website, arma.at.ua if i remember ( anyways, chechens are mujahideen, not taliban or al qaeda ), and for the Tier one beards ..... only A-stan green beret have them

My point is an addon that actually LOOKS like the MOH units. Most of what you mentioned are not satisfactory to my tastes. And none of the SFOD-D, community made or BIS made, are well representative of Delta Force. The Tier One pack is a joke, its just a bunch of reskins. I like it for what it is, but its nothing more than that. The Chechen Rebel pack is reskins too, if I'm correct. Ever played MOH? Check it out. Send me the link to that chechen pack you're talking about though. I know Chechens are not AQ, but they have fought together in Afghanistan. Go play Medal of Honor 2010 or watch single player videos, and you'll get a good sense of the units and maps that I'm talking about. I want something that visually looks close to that. MOH doesn't satisfy cuz its just SP. MP is nothing like SP, and ArmA 2 offers a lot more so don't say "just go play MOH". I want something that actually seems like Afghanistan not a rip off of some generic Middle Eastern desert like Takistan. Can't stand Takistan. It's a joke.

If neither BIS nor the community-created content can suit your fancy, then good luck doing those models yourself ;)

*snip*

TL;DR

here's for the chechens, has you can see it's not only a reskin

http://arma.at.ua/load/chechenskie_boeviki_serediny_90kh/29-1-0-1183, if they please you, you need to register first, good luck with the russian moonrunes

i've played MoH 2010, i know what you mean

and for the rest ... well, the community can't make the exact unit has the one in medal of honor because of copyright and stuff, but you can made your own and use it for yourself, and for the map, there's a thread with one in developement, with everything, snowy mountain, CQB village, greenzones etc etc ... looking good, good luck for your research

EDIT : did some try to make the MARSOC and desert USMC again ? binkowski has made the MARSOC but ... he delete the dl link because of an angry kid, has for the USMC unit, they got a little bit "boring" about their uniform i would like to see them with some stuff on them ( remember the chemlight on johannes SF on ArmA 1 ), i would like to make it myself but, i need tutorial and help, i don't have any 3D software and i don't have the money to buy one ...

Edited by heroes maker

maps like Gardez, Shahikot Valley, Menjawar, Takur Ghar, basically a winter Afghanistan map (like in MOH 2010) with all those locations on that map (since ArmA2 maps tend to be big enough). A desert, mountainous Afghan map with light snow on the ground, as if winter just started. And not the low hills of Takistan that BIS likes to call "mountains", but like in MOH, mountains that have flat trails or small or narrow plateaus where units can basically walk along the mountain without having to walk up the mountain. A map like this could offer multiple gameplay options. Gardez and AQ camps for the CQB, and the more mountainous areas for the long range combat that could accomodate camping.

you should check out this thread!

for the SFOD units you have the Tier 1 operator in armaholic compatible OA/CO, for the chechen unit, i've found some good one but on a russian ArmA 2 website, arma.at.ua if i remember ( anyways, chechens are mujahideen, not taliban or al qaeda ), and for the Tier one beards ..... only A-stan green beret have them
If neither BIS nor the community-created content can suit your fancy, then good luck doing those models yourself ;)
TL;DR

here's for the chechens, has you can see it's not only a reskin

http://arma.at.ua/load/chechenskie_boeviki_serediny_90kh/29-1-0-1183, if they please you, you need to register first, good luck with the russian moonrunes

i've played MoH 2010, i know what you mean

and for the rest ... well, the community can't make the exact unit has the one in medal of honor because of copyright and stuff, but you can made your own and use it for yourself, and for the map, there's a thread with one in developement, with everything, snowy mountain, CQB village, greenzones etc etc ... looking good, good luck for your research

EDIT : did some try to make the MARSOC and desert USMC again ? binkowski has made the MARSOC but ... he delete the dl link because of an angry kid, has for the USMC unit, they got a little bit "boring" about their uniform i would like to see them with some stuff on them ( remember the chemlight on johannes SF on ArmA 1 ), i would like to make it myself but, i need tutorial and help, i don't have any 3D software and i don't have the money to buy one ...

Well, mainly, I'm dissatisfied with Takistan and the Takistani units. If it was supposed to be a good representation of Afghanistan, they failed. It shouldn't be copyright to make units that look like the ones in MOH, especially the Seals, because all they're gear is real military gear and Danger Close has no rights to that gear. Anyway, its just a request. And, I've got some Tier 1 beards. Just they require transparency to look real, and Arma 2/OA can't handle transparency well.

Check out THESE links. These are the types of maps/terrain and units that I'm talking about: http://envydream.blogspot.com/2010/10/medal-of-honor-story-review.html

http://monty.blog.hu/2010/10/13/pc_medal_of_honor

especially check out the video on that page for what I'm talking about... the whole deal, actually. BTW, gotta love those weapon sounds...

Edited by antoineflemming

The Takistani assets are supposed to be just that - Takistanis. BIS has a track record for using fictional parties in their games.

And the MOH models are copyrighted not because they are depicted carrying some specific kind of gear, but because they were done by someone for use in MOH. Just like the BIS models are copyrighted for being original BIS content.

The Takistani assets are supposed to be just that - Takistanis. BIS has a track record for using fictional parties in their games.

And the MOH models are copyrighted not because they are depicted carrying some specific kind of gear, but because they were done by someone for use in MOH. Just like the BIS models are copyrighted for being original BIS content.

in a simple note, instead of a blue shirt, you reskin it on grey, add two or three chemlight to some pocket, one IR strobe on a belt and tadaaah, you got your MOH unit who can be publicaly made because they're not the one used in the game.

if only ....

in a simple note, instead of a blue shirt, you reskin it on grey, add two or three chemlight to some pocket, one IR strobe on a belt and tadaaah, you got your MOH unit who can be publicaly made because they're not the one used in the game.

if only ....

Sure...

its things like that that are slowly ruining this community ya know

if only ....

Oh, I'm not saying port the models. I'm saying if someone makes a unit with the same kind of combat vest and a pcu combat jacket and pants, and the same kind of helmet, then that isn't copyright infringement. Believe me, I could port the beards and the helmets and hats if I wanted to. Matter of fact, did that on my own just to see how it would look (don't worry, not releasing it as a mod as that would be copyrighted). I reskinned the dcu uniforms of the TF86 Navy Seals pack, but it just doesn't quite cut it with the PCU. The main thing is the maps, though. Specifically, the semi rocky, extreme vertical mountainous terrain. Like in those links I posted above. Terrain like that. Rocky terrain, and not just in texture. And the snow on the ground and stuff like that. That's all. Just think it'd be cool.

Aaaah the Corsair!

Good plane, I haven't seen anything on that in some time, ya that would definatley be different to have that,

don't think any of the Vietnam mods have this plane or do they?

Nope.

I have all the Vietnam mods that you could possibly think of, and there's ALWAYS one thing missing.............

The Corsair.

Requesting that someone add the Takistani UH-1H to the A2 USMC and OA USA factions, no reskins, just add the helicopter to the sides via config.

That's awesome. Would definitely like to see this in-game.

Edited by Laqueesha

Is anybody working on a Beretta 92A1/M9A1? Would be nice to see in OA, especially with the laser sight.

As in enable it for CO only?

You talkin' to me? :confused:

Edited by Laqueesha

Gd'day people!

some requests:

good ol' OH6 Cayuse, would be nice to have a cold war scout chopper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OH-6_Cayuse

or maybe a Starlifter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_C-141_Starlifter

An M60A2 would be a nice challenge, I guess

http://www.usarmygermany.com/Gallery/Page%20Seven/M60A2%20ConnBks%201.jpg

Or the "Alpha Jet"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Jet

Thanks for your time :D

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*

I am craving a Mosin Nagant bolt action so badly!! The Takis have Lee Enfields, why can't they have Mosins? 35+ Million were made!

1288253539.jpg

2-m9130-sa-38.jpg

mosin209130pu.jpg

Edited by therussiandong