based on that logic (or lack of), the black sea, as well as the red see are also lake. Damn, you can also learn geography on those forums :confused:

The Red Sea is in no way a lake as it is not fully enclosed by land and flows into the Indian Ocean.

I think what everyone is forgetting is Chernarus is an Eastern European country, and should have a military that represents that not that of a rich Western European country. Which means AF wise, F-16s at the most and thats a push, looking more at Mig-29s and ex-soviet stuff. Army wise again looking at upgraded AK-47/74 and upgraded Soviet vehicles (Maybe with the help of NATO). And Naval wise looking at Coastal Defence ships not Carriers and destroyers... Its in the name CDF. Focus should be defence.

based on that logic (or lack of), the black sea, as well as the red see are also lakes. Damn, you can also learn geography on those forums :confused:

i was been sarcastic, i understand that it can be a lake.

Back On Topic, the CDF should upgrade what they have, and purchase some either upgraded kit or ex soviet kit. They are currently using ex soviet kit so need to change as it would be a huge cost.

Edited by R0adki11

i was been sarcastic, i understand that it can be a lake.

yeah i know, so was I

The Red Sea is in no way a lake as it is not fully enclosed by land and flows into the Indian Ocean.

I think what everyone is forgetting is Chernarus is an Eastern European country, and should have a military that represents that not that of a rich Western European country. Which means AF wise, F-16s at the most and thats a push, looking more at Mig-29s and ex-soviet stuff. Army wise again looking at upgraded AK-47/74 and upgraded Soviet vehicles (Maybe with the help of NATO). And Naval wise looking at Coastal Defence ships not Carriers and destroyers... Its in the name CDF. Focus should be defence.

I see what mean, stick to eastern bloc equipment like maybe AEK-971 or maybe the old AK74 which is locally built could be modernized similar to new AK200 the russian are developing like this one http://www.gunblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2654328-tfb.jpg and the 2S7 pion.

Perhaps the CDF made upgrades for the T72 like isreali's did when they got the M60 MBT form the US

About sea/lake thing, if the green sea is a lake how did the us manage to send the USS Khe Sanh to chernarus

Edited by RogueMerc

I think the CDF army must keep is soviet equipment.

Chernarusse Air force needs some AN-12 for his paratrooper and maybe a MI26 :)

I don't think MIG29 will be interesting for the CDF, they need to concentrate on the modernization of the land force. For example they can upgrade their BMP or T72/T80, why not some Mtlb :p.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

I thinck the CDF army must keep is soviet equipment.

Chernarusse Air force needs some AN-12 for his paratrooper and maybe a MI26 :)

I don't thinck MIG29 will be interesting for the CDF, they need to concentrate on the modernization of the land force. For example they can upgrade their BMP or T72/T80, why not some Mtlb :p.

i agree entirely especially the MI-26 and AN-12

Maybe the CDF could begin a project to improve thier arsenal so as a result they built an upgraded version of the BMP

A replacemnet for the Ural could be the DOZOR-B http://www.deagel.com/library1/medium/m02008032900011.jpg

Edited by RogueMerc

if i ever feel like it

maaaaaaybe i could reskin a BTR-90 or T-90 in CDF colours

So what do we agree most on

*Keep the current weapons but upgrade them or new weapons from eastern countries or add western weapons

*Stick to a Defence force or add an Attacking force

*Keep a few of the vehicles like the T72 or upgrade to the newer versions.

*Add an elite Rapid Reaction Force fit in for both defense and attack

*A Defensive navy or add a new navy with both attack and defend capabilities

*A new uniform and armour plus add a new desert camo scheme

@RogueMerc

Agree with you for the BMP update but not on the Dozor.

I don't really understand what you mean with replacement of the URAL with Dozor. It's not the same category!

URAL is the main truck of the CDF army, it's use mainly for supply transport, and sometime for troop transport when there are no need of BMP, BTR or BMD.

Dozor-B is use mainly for reconnaissance and some little troop transport.

I think it's more like an BRDM2 than an URAL.

It can be use for military police or special force.

@The Blinck

I don't think a BTR90 or a T90 is needed for CDF army. They have multiple stock of T72,T80, Btr70,BTR80. So I don't think Chernarusse government will buy new tank like T90 or BTR90.

Chernarusse is not Russia.

Edit:

Totally agree with your last post Rogue. :cool:

Aze

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

@RogueMerc

Agree with you for the BMP update but not on the Dozor.

I don't really understand what you mean with replacement of the URAL with Dozor. It's not the same category!

URAL is the main truck of the CDF army, it's use mainly for supply transport, and sometime for troop transport when there are no need of BMP, BTR or BMD.

Dozor-B is use mainly for reconnaissance and some little troop transport.

I thinck it's more like an BRDM2 than an URAL.

It can be use for military police or special force.

@The Blinck

I don't thinck a BTR90 or a T90 is needed for CDF army. They have multiple stock of T72,T80, Btr70,BTR80. So I don't thinck Chernarusse government will buy new tank like T90 or BTR90.

Aze

I got confused didnt mean replace the truck(Ural) i meant the jeep the CDF use( i always get mixed between these two)

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

@RogueMerc

@The Blinck

I don't thinck a BTR90 or a T90 is needed for CDF army. They have multiple stock of T72,T80, Btr70,BTR80. So I don't thinck Chernarusse government will buy new tank like T90 or BTR90.

Edit:

Totally agree with your last post Rogue. :cool:

Aze

i agree the cdf have plenty of T72's but maybe they add a couple of upgrades

Edited by RogueMerc

[/color]

i agree the cdf have T72 but maybe they add a couple of upgrades

Yes, upgrade but no totally new tank like the T90!

Moreover I don't think Chernarussia relation with Russia is really good.

Yes, upgrade but no totally new tank like the T90!

Moreover I don't think Chernarussia relation with Russia is really good.

thats what i thought it seems highly unlikely that russia will supply the cdf with t90 when russia supported the insurgents.

The Green Sea is a lake.

I'll be pedantic here. The only location that would make sense for the 'Green Sea' to be would be the Caspian Sea. It's classified as the world's largest lake by some and a sea by others. So strictly speaking it's both a sea and a lake.

The only body of water the CDF borders is a lake, so a blue-water navy is out of place.

The only problem there is the U.S Navy managed to operate the USS Khe Sanh from the Green Sea. So a precedent has already been set by B.I. Perhaps one of IceBreakr's motherships dropped it there. ;)

So what do we agree most on?

It's a lake, no a sea, no pond...no hang on a paddling pool; oh forget it!

I didn't imagine my reply would attract such attention on the topic. Thanks guys, top class entertainment as usual. :D

Back on-topic:

A very good point Warden. They're not going to have a big budget and unless I'm mistaken. Chernarus is a recovering country which cannot dedicate massive amounts of funds towards military spending. Even though defence of course is a very important matter. I think ex-soviet gear makes the most sense.

In regards to coastal defence. I like the idea of fast-attack vessels, such as a fast-attack patrol boat. Perhaps something similar to this hydrofoil design by the Americans (now defunct):

PHM-1.jpg

Pegasus-class hydrofoil

Even though we're looking at a brown-water navy, the PHM-1 boat is classed as a green-water navy vessel. So potential perhaps for regional power projection?

In fact there's a guy here that was working on it:

Punkrocker's PHM1 Pegasus Class HydroFoils

Alternatively, there's an "ArmA" addon that is listed as being compatible with "ArmA 2"/"OA":

List of Compatable Addons from Arma 1

It's an addon originally made by [APS]Gnat. Download it from Armaholic here:

Sparviero - Fast Attack Hydrofoil

;1928152']

A very good point Warden. They're not going to have a big budget and unless I'm mistaken. Chernarus is a recovering country which cannot dedicate massive amounts of funds towards military spending. Even though defence of course is a very important matter. I think ex-soviet gear makes the most sense.

................................................................................................................................

Well i think we can agree that CDF will probably use ex-russian/soviet gear

unless there could be storyline to it say for example the CDF sell of obselete gear or after defeating the insurgents they confiscate a cache of money given by russia in a show of support.

Edited by RogueMerc

I think Georgia is a real world country that can be compared with Chernarus.

Here's their equipment and it's quiet similar to the CDF.

In my opinion...

- BMP-1

- T-80 (already done by RHS)

- BTR-80

- HMMWV (uparmored, armed with a PK) as an replacement for the UAZ

- MRAPs (leased from the US Army for the peacekeeping troops in Takistan)

... would make most sense.

Regarding the navy a mixture of old western and old soviet mineweepers, torpedo and patrol boats would be best. Maybe one or two small landing ships for the naval infantry.

I will had:

_SA6 (already here)

_BMP2 (maybe some upgraded)

_T72 (some upgraded)

_BMD2/1 (RHS addon)

_BTR70/80 (RHS " )

_2S1 Hotwizer (Vilas)

_DANA Hotwizer (vilas)

_SA9/10

_S125

_MTLB (all version)

Aze

Static Weapons:

NSV machine gun

2A36 Giatsint-B

Podnos 2B14

ZSU-23-4 "Shilka

Self Propelled Artillery:

2S5 Giatsint-S

2S7 Pion

DANA Hotwizer

Tank's:

T72

T80

APC's:

BTR-70

BTR-80

BMP-2

Wheeled:

Dozor

Ural

UAZ

BRDM-2

Air:

Mi-24

Mi-26

Mi-17

Su-25

Antonov An-12

Antonov An-26

Edited by RogueMerc

I'm requesting the Colt Automatic Rifle.

Known also as the Diemaco C7 LSW, Colt LMG, (Danish) LSV M/04, (Dutch) LOAW, it's in use by the Danish, Dutch and Mexican forces, aswell other ones.

Here's a link to a gallery of photos Pixagogo - DIEMACO C7 LSW (a must see), to Colt Official Site (wich contains the Specifications of the weapon) and to Mongo's Machine Gun Pages (that contains the Colt Automatic Rifle Manual).

Some of the images are from older versions that had the bipod installed further ahead in the barrel.

The version I'm requesting is the newer one, with the barrel installed in a pin that protudes below the handguard abd with the flat-top/removable carrying handle, exactly like the one in Colt website and in the photo gallery.

No need to include Beta C-Mags and such, but I must admit that SureFire Quadstack magazines would be nice (60 rounders, for sure).

Since the weapon does already include Park-Hale Bipod, carrying handle and forward grip, few variations would do, like including a Taclight (probably the VLI), IR illuminator/designator (like the AN-PEQ/2) and some optic (as the weapon counts with one rail on the top of the receiver and twin rails in the sides of the front sight post).

I was thinking about the M203 grip too, but nevermind.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by [GR]Operative

Another vehicle hint for our modders here ..... ^^ Not a surprise that it's a Georgian hint again .... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Z1n9Nf8yE

There are two variants. One SF and recon unit and one APC unit.

Armament is remote controlled M124 weapons station and NSV gunner seat.

Edited by CommanderYuri

Get me decent reference material (ie hi-res blueprints and images of key areas) and maybe I'll have a try at it.

@Fail Cakes

If you can download from somwhere polish military magazin Nowa technika Wojskowa nr 8/2010 ther is small article about this apc. But only 5 not so big pictures [proboble no to much images of key areas :( ] so i dont know if this helps.

Get me decent reference material (ie hi-res blueprints and images of key areas) and maybe I'll have a try at it.

That would be great Fail Cakes ! An annual military parade is in six days during the independence day and further material will be available after it. Is this acceptable for you ? I would PM you the material. Just didn't expect such a fast reply ..... ^^

Edited by CommanderYuri

You're welcome, Yuri. Please take any time you need, the more and better information you can source, the better the outcome.

I can't promise anything though. With the vehicle having had it's first appearance only two days ago, accurate information seems pretty much non-existant at the moment, at least not on Google. Luckily, the basic shape of the vehicle is really simple, shouldn't be too hard to come up with something basic once the basic dimensions of the vehicle are known.

You're welcome, Yuri. Please take any time you need, the more and better information you can source, the better the outcome.

I can't promise anything though. With the vehicle having had it's first appearance only two days ago, accurate information seems pretty much non-existant at the moment, at least not on Google. Luckily, the basic shape of the vehicle is really simple, shouldn't be too hard to come up with something basic once the basic dimensions of the vehicle are known.

Roger that ! :)

The second larger variant seems to have an even easier shape.

Do you want material for both or only one of the two ?

The smaller vehicle ( shown more detailed in the video ) has a crew of 2 + 7 passengers with a mounted remote conrolled minigun system, with the alternate option of beeing able to use it manually.

The large variant ( in the background ) has 2 crew with 9 passengers, armed with a 12.7 mm NSV, which is not remote controlled.