sucks for the people who want them :(

we shall find a way to rid the world of idiots... nothing is impossible... well... maybe not.

A flintlock musket? Pweeeeease :3

I think a barge, cargo ship, or ferry would be kinda nice/usefull. Could be used as mass transport, especially if you could attach vehicles to it and unload them. Maybe even use it like a barracks or vehicle factory for invading forces. Or if it could even just be a large static object to fight on etc etc.

http://www.frenchislandbandb.com.au/images/uploaded/barge.JPG

http://www.icbergan.com/p1/pics/60/Ocean-barge.jpg

http://www.sustainabilityninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/cargo-ship-pollution.jpg

The ability to dock a ship, or land a helicopter on a large vessel and board it would be interesting as well.

Came acros this interesting picture on mp.net.

It's a MI-8 in US service in Afghanistan used by special forces to keep a low profile. (In picture US and Afghan SF)

It's backdoors are removed and it is armed with an GAU-17 Minigun.

It wouldn't be too hard to make this one from BIS sample models, though I'm not really that great with o2 (selections, model.cfgs etc. etc.)

I could make the texture thought, that's no problem.

n2da1w.th.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing some CSOR/JTF-2 and/or USAF STS addons. I know there was already a USAF STS unit pack released, but that pack wasn't nearly as much detail as I would like for it to have been. No offense to the author you did a bang up job.

What I'd like to see is a pack the has different units for each of the 4 USAF STS teams.

* United States Air Force Combat Controllers

* Air Force Special Operations Weather Technician

* Special Tactics Tactical Air Control Party

* United States Air Force Pararescue

Now as far as CSOR/JTF-2, I'm not sure if ONS or a lone addon maker has something in the works for this, but if they don't here ya go fellas.

Has anyone made a mod that changes the various explosions for AT weapons to realistic sizes. There shouldn't be a cloud of dust the size of a three story building when an RPG-7 hits a tank. And the smaller explosion could be more detailed. I haven't seen any videos of them going off, but FFARs seem to throw up an awful lot of smoke as well.

Came acros this interesting picture on mp.net.

It's a MI-8 in US service in Afghanistan used by special forces to keep a low profile. (In picture US and Afghan SF)

It's backdoors are removed and it is armed with an GAU-17 Minigun.

It wouldn't be too hard to make this one from BIS sample models, though I'm not really that great with o2 (selections, model.cfgs etc. etc.)

I could make the texture thought, that's no problem.

[iM]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8687/n2da1w.th.jpg[/img]

Mi-8 is probably ANA.

Space Above and Beyond. I loved it when I was a kid, but I just saw it recently and to be quite honest now that I'm older it's kinda crappy.

Big MAc; yes.. When I watched it now again after 10 years it became clear why they cancelled it after their first season.. :P

Yet, despite the show's overal quality I still do find the Hammerhead design kinda nice. From today's perspective it looks a bit old-school, not too much sci-fi and with proper 'tuning' would be even sort of believable

+ it's a VTOL :) which makes it even nicer

Oh yea no doubt the SA-43 was awesome. I would download it for sure.

would be nice to have this for the addon makers:

a model of soldier not binarized like the test soldier released time ago by bink and if anyone can release a normal soldier without jacket just with the uniform as the officer in arma2 .. so will be easier for who is not good in modelling to make new tactical gears or protections or other stuff taking them from arma1 sample models... is possible

would be nice to have this for the addon makers:

a model of soldier not binarized like the test soldier released time ago by bink and if anyone can release a normal soldier without jacket just with the uniform as the officer in arma2 .. so will be easier for who is not good in modelling to make new tactical gears or protections or other stuff taking them from arma1 sample models... is possible

there are no arma2 mlods released so you either have to take things from arma1 or create new models entirely...it would be simpler for you to take binks model and reduce the chest size down, renormal and retexture it than it would be to create a whole new model.

I am after a map/island and i dont know how to make this myself and anyone that knows how to make any island would find this very easy. All i need is a simple white infinite plane with white sky. I want to create the matrix effect when neo is being shown what the matrix is and morpheus brings him to the completely white enviornment (the one where the endless shelves of guns appears) So nothing in it apart from white ground and white sky. If someone could spend a few minutes putting this together i would be very greatful

actually have these guys finished, i just never released them.

Really? Awesome! Could you post a screenshot of them?

Really? Awesome! Could you post a screenshot of them?

he says they're somewhere on his HDD.. i guess he has to find them first :p

I am after a map/island and i dont know how to make this myself and anyone that knows how to make any island would find this very easy. All i need is a simple white infinite plane with white sky. I want to create the matrix effect when neo is being shown what the matrix is and morpheus brings him to the completely white enviornment (the one where the endless shelves of guns appears) So nothing in it apart from white ground and white sky. If someone could spend a few minutes putting this together i would be very greatful

Well you're (sortof) in luck... almost...

I made something like this just recently as a sort of "blank canvas"...

No white sky - dunno how to do that... and not quite a white ground - slightly greyish...

Its not infinite - but 20x20km is double maximum viewdistance so infinite enough...

Just a flat level nothing...

Here's the files - you can use them as you like...

"White Plain" demo terrain & Source Files

theres a "@WhitePlains" folder in there - drop it in your Arma 2 folder and you're good to go, tho it's not quite what your looking for...

Theres also a "WhitePlains" folder too - install the BIS toolkit - drop that folder on the virtual P:\ drive that gets created as part of the installation, and you're only a tutorial away from being an island maker... ;)

All the source files are in there and ready to go - load "WhitePlains.pew" into Visitor 3 and you have your own "island" project...

A bit of fooling with textures and you should be able to achieve the look you want... Better ask someone else about the sky though...

You can get the tutorial and a link to the tools right here

Have fun...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Someone should make an addon like this!

Camera with vibration effects for vehicles :-D

It would rock!

I saw someone else mention this, but I have been wanting this for a long time.

If someone can make a cargo ship. At least something to put in the Chernarus docks. It would be cool if it could be boarded and used in missions. Have a couple playable decks. It could have enemy weapons and vehicles to cargo containers taken over by pirates or something. Anyway, would be pretty cool.

Or at least can someone make some russian attack boats other than just a smalll little raft that they have.

If anyone could model and texture the '93 rangers it would be awesome.

I'd like some Battle of Mogadishu/93' Rangers too. I believe they wore DCU with BDU body armor and a Chocolate Chip 6 color camo helmet.

A mod that would automatically lower the weapon if got "stuck" entering a doorway sideways or similar would be nice.

And then people will complain that their weapon got lowered at the worst possible time.