Sign in to follow this  
Muecke

CRCTI Warfare ( cti ) MP

|TW|Quintus you are sending the wrong trigger to the script....

name="[color="Magenta"]trig001[/color]";
           expCond="true";
           expActiv="[[color="Magenta"]trig1[/color], thislist] exec ""Server\UpdateTown.sqs""";

should be

name="[color="Magenta"]trig1[/color]";
           expCond="true";
           expActiv="[[color="Magenta"]trig1[/color], thislist] exec ""Server\UpdateTown.sqs""";

also your barracks problem

in InitStructureTypes.sqs you changed a constant that points to a array position.

sdMaxRadius = 6

you should change this instead if you want the action expanded to a greater range.

structDefs set [_type, ["Barracks", 1000, siBoth, true, true, 4, 10, 20, [["USMC_WarfareBBarracks"

Also you didn't rename it which can turn into a real pain in the arse for the main dev.

Edited by Squ33z3

should be

expCond="true";

Ah cool so I did do it right, I noticed that adding more towns made this mission in game very laggy and would sometimes freeze in the middle of game play for a few seconds.

|TW|Quintus you are sending the wrong trigger to the script....

name="[color="Magenta"]trig001[/color]";
           expCond="true";

should be

expCond="true";

also your barracks problem

in InitStructureTypes.sqs you changed a constant that points to a array position.

sdMaxRadius = 6

you should change this instead if you want the action expanded to a greater range.

structDefs set [_type, ["Barracks", 1000, siBoth, true, true, 4, 10, 20, [["USMC_WarfareBBarracks"

Also you didn't rename it which can turn into a real pain in the arse for the main dev.

Thanks, I'll make sure to edit it tonight.

Regards, Quintus

Ah cool so I did do it right, I noticed that adding more towns made this mission in game very laggy and would sometimes freeze in the middle of game play for a few seconds.

Odd me and some friends added all labeled towns as capturable towns and so far it doesnt to be a problem we did though delete the Defender spawns for East and West after you take a village. So overall we have about 40-50 capturable points. We also added the ZU23 Static/ZU23 Ural/Shilka/Searchlight (for fast time games)/MLRS/GRAD we changed the West Support BMP to Suppurt HMV to prevent confusion when east teams Human Players can't tell who's BMP support is whos.

If need be we can send u the mission file to ur email But be warned if there is an AI team they dont attack ur base unless they run into a town we checked the AI commander is placing a Assault CO waypoint on the Human base but they do not aggressively advance

Edited by volkov956

@volkov956 To bad you don't have PM enabled in your profile, I would like to discuss this matter further in PM.

On a side note;

name="trig31_1";
           expCond="true";
           expActiv="[trig31_1, thislist] exec ""Server\UpdateTown.sqs""";

I don't suppose the _1 in this trig code bit is preventing the rest of the towns that come after the number 31 from being capturable?

:edit:

Oh and how do I use the artillery in this mission?

Edited by CrazyAce

Hi all let me say that CRCTI Warfare has been the mission who saved my ARMA II experience so far, after all the delusions about the official campaign, bugs and FPS problems. I have played some SP missions but not much fun, and I guess the difficulty to make a mission could be the main culprit.

With CRTI I could relax more enjoying seeing units I didn't see before, and the unit cam gave me some insights about the AI behaviors, that's where I realized why me and others often complained about being shot at without knowing where the enemy location was, with the unit cam I was the witness how AI units use coverts, lean to fire behind a pylon, hide in corners in towns, to make things short a bunch of sneaky bastards! ; before trying the CRCTI, I just knew about the Razor Team AI irritating actions, and the "garbage" campaign that I think killed the game; ARMA II has jewels in it, like the graphics when you see grass undulation with the wind, the multiple effects of sun lights, the details of weapons and gears, for the first time with the CRCTI mission I was able to view that game in a total different light!

Ok now specifically about CRCTI Warfare 0.9, why the leaders don't use the vehicles you provide them like a 3.5ton truck to transport their soldiers?

Has anyone used the command "transport" order to AI and how it works?

Finally a big thank to Squeeze for its fantastic work, and all involved into it.

I also cant quite figure out the transport duty command. when the ai commands, transport squad ferries guys all over the map. when i command, the squad assigned never builds a helo. crcti is a good mission and i appreciate the work put into it, just cant figure this part out! If i could make a suggestion/wishlist it would be to raise the number of bases allowed to four and allow switching from ai to human command and back. thanks to squeeze and all involved.

@volkov956 To bad you don't have PM enabled in your profile, I would like to discuss this matter further in PM.

On a side note;

name="trig31_1";
           expCond="true";
           expActiv="[trig31_1, thislist] exec ""Server\UpdateTown.sqs""";

I don't suppose the _1 in this trig code bit is preventing the rest of the towns that come after the number 31 from being capturable?

:edit:

Oh and how do I use the artillery in this mission?

There is a script for Artillery but from all my tests it uselly does break after some time and no longer works its pretty combersome compaired MFCTI Artillery.

We also found why AI rarely attacks Player teams on Dedicated servers seems someone Added a random check order for AI order seek and destroy in OFP the same script does not have the random variable so we removed the random we were assaulted within 30mins and after moving our base within 2000 of AI base they sieged our base for 30mins till we broke out a defeated them

i guess thats an older script what you found....

artygun works without it ! its pretty much fun if you have an human spotter.

for transport duty:

-go on map-hold shift and leftclick on map-repeat that

-now you have 2 WP-hold alt+shift and leftclick on map-new window opens

-click your WP and choose change WP to CO-repeat that with your 2nd WP

-go to options-click command AI-give transport duty order to one of your squadleader

-buy a transport vehicle(chopper,truck,jeep....)to that squadleader

-set minumum one other squadleader to pick&wait 5min and buy him infantery

-lean back and watch

Tip:

dont buy trucks cause all the truckdriver are drunk.......allways

What about a port to OFPIP or CAA1 Muecke? :)

@ Muecke

"-buy a transport vehicle(chopper,truck,jeep....)to that squadleader"

"-set minumum one other squadleader to pick&wait 5min and buy him infantery"

Ah, the critical components I was missing. Thanks man!

@gutm@sher

np

@Kju

downloading

could someone point me in the right direction for a thread about editing this cti. I want to change the prices etc but cant find where in the scripts.

Found it. Never really tried this much before wish I had It really is very good. Loads more options than standard warfare.

Edited by colligpip

Guys we need a helping hand !!!

the most important thing to do is the JIP in this crcti !!!

i guess we need a complete new code or a awesome fix...

is there anyone outthere who is able to help us ?

please if yes get in contact with me over pm or email !

hey guys

just playing this on lan and i start of as commander to build base i was just wondering can i hand command over to ai if so how do i do it cheers:)

Hi guys,

we want to play the crcti warfare in lan. To have a "really" War we want to Edit the money or the price of the units to buy a lot of hevy armored vehicles.

Where can i edit this options?

I got a message from colligpip to edit the "server/innitequipmenttypes.sqs and initunittypes.sqs" but after extracting the pbo i do not have this to files in the mission folder.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

sorry it was in InitUnitTypes.sqs/common not /server well it is in my version anyway.

Which known problems are there with the 0.9 version?

JiP bugs? Save bugs?

HI,

Warefare makes really a lot of fun!

But how could you use the MLRS in warfare?

I know how to use the arty with the module, but how does it work when you buy a MLRS in warfare? How to target a place on the map and order your arty unit to dig the point over ?

I do a lot Bennys warfare and this ... I like crcti's most.

But crcti 0.9 hasn't been updated for long.

I was hoping for this for I realize that if I play it pvp or alone it gets slower and slower when more units are build.

Can anybody confirm he has nice speed of commanded AI troups even after one hour of gaming and lots of AI troups nicely equipped with vehicles or inf?

Crcti definitely slows down after a few hours for me due to the amount of a.i. running around. I notice it doesn't matter if you have a top of the line quad core or whatever.. the a.i. uses the most resources of your computer.

Playing on your own computer really sucks the performance that's why I have an extra desktop I use for a dedicated server for increased performance on the client computer and it's easy to monitor the server stats - I will usually get 5-6 fps after a few hours with crcti, a.i. stops moving and an 'out of memory' error that crashes the server frequently. The only thing that helps is having a groupsize of 6 for a.i. but it will only extend the game for another hour or so for me. Most other versions of crcti (angry insects, xr) and warfare (oden, proton, awp) run even worse on my server after some time.

Conversely, Benny's warfare latest v038 build is amazing - I have been running average over 100 hours per game (4 days or so) and the fps rarely dips below 15fps for me and the a.i. keeps fighting.. even with a.i. groupsize of 10. Just goes to show you the hard work and constant updates Benny has been making really pays off for the Arma community.

Too bad there's no more progress with crcti as I find the a.i. was more aggressive and there is more action in my opinion.

Thanx for your post.

So it's a common problem that Crcti warfare slows down after a while.

I like it nevertheless for it has that unitcam - just shift-click on any AI on the map and you see from his perspective.

May work perhaps only if you are commander. I like to command and unitcam makes it even more fun.