Sign in to follow this  
Forrestal

ArmA 2 Soundtrack

I really like the Chernarussian Anthem, (first song of part 5/7). Is this the song that plays in the main menu? It's good enough to do so, and it has the "Halo factor" as well.

By "Halo factor", I mean that it's unique enough so that when people hear it they'll think of Arma II. It's the same how many people will hear the Halo song and instantly know what game it's from.

ya, though i was kinda dissappoint that there wasnt another version of the original OFP theme, but you right with the "halo factor", i love to see VGS do a version of the OFP to the back ground of some A2 footage similar to the russian faction trailer /drool

Could someone please post the lyrics for Killing Machines, thanks.

In the deep, dusty corners of our most ancient storage servers I found the .parchment file. Here's the transcription:

Lean and mean, our job of life is fighting,

lock n' load, we board and go, we're riding!

Have good one and get some, son, we're fighting,

iron will and overkill, demanding!

Combat flow, from high to low, like lightning,

mean as hell, the angels fell, keep fighting!

Cut and slash and sneak and bash, sun's rising,

more than that, we're bad and mad, surprising!

Taking lives and sharping knives, dead silence,

lean and mean, on TV screen, just violence!

Dogs of War, our deeds are those of sinner,

burning halls and tilting thrones, no winner!

Flames of hell, we rose and fell, deliver,

curse like hell and make them small and shiver!

Maniac insomniac, and lighters,

blood on hands and transcendence, Four Riders!

Edited by Jezuro
Typo

Here's the transcription:

Thank you.

Now we can sing along without guesswork! Thank you! :angel:

Lyrics added to the OST description.

Edited by Celery

does anyone know if Arma II has the classic soundtrack, you know the one, the one at the start of the OfP campaign, it was on one of the Arma II trailors as well. That was classic:p

does anyone know if Arma II has the classic soundtrack, you know the one, the one at the start of the OfP campaign, it was on one of the Arma II trailors as well. That was classic:p

It doesn't at the moment (it's one of the left-out tracks). The trailer used the

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

By the way, would anyone know which track is the actual main theme of A2 (if there is one)?

I think Harvest Red is the most likely candidate with its strong melody and it's repeated in other tracks as well but the track itself is a little on the short side. Other prominent tracks are Khe Sanh Riff and Chernarussian Anthem but both of them represent their respective places more than the game itself, at least in my opinion.

Manhattan is used in the flash game alongside the trailer which starts with the satellite image thingy, I always thought of it as the "Main Theme"

Manhattan is used in the flash game alongside the trailer which starts with the satellite image thingy, I always thought of it as the "Main Theme"

On the other hand it doesn't have a very clear theme or melody to speak of, it's more like a dynamic action track.

Khe Sanh Riff.

yea that song blew my head off man those soundtracks are the shizzle

where can i buy this...

where can i buy this...

Unpack music.pbo in the game's files and you have it.

Yeah I think this game at the very least deserves to get recognized as soundtrack of the year. it probably wont of course, but it should.

Thanks Bohemia, great fricking game, killer music. I love all the music you guys put in your games.

ambient-cold wind

_____

:d

OK, that's meant to be a grin ... these forums hate me.

Yeah I think this game at the very least deserves to get recognized as soundtrack of the year. it probably wont of course, but it should.

Thanks Bohemia, great fricking game, killer music. I love all the music you guys put in your games.

Co-sign the soundtrack is pretty underrated

how can i add more sound tracks? is there a way for me to put songs that i download and put it in the arma 2 soundtrack folder(if there is such thing)

anyway if so how.

By the way, would anyone know which track is the actual main theme of A2 (if there is one)?

IIRC, there is no actual "main theme" to ArmA 2, like there was in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. "Manhattan" comes close, although it isn't a very good track in my opinion.

Agreed. Personally, I think that Khe Sanh Riff is the best song in the entire game. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for 1970s rock music. :D

Edited by Laqueesha

what's the soundtrack used for this vid :

where can I dl it ?

thanks

It's Organ Works from the original OFP soundtrack.

thank you

Organ works, classic. My personal favorite from A2 is the Chernarussian Anthem.

Any chance of a download link to this soundtrack? The one I found only contains 3/4 of the tracks.

i have also been looking around for the eagle wing music tracks. unfortunately my computer died with all my music on it, and i no longer have the necessary resources to DL the patch (or the even have the game available) and re-extract the tracks, so if any one has done so please post the link

All of ArmA II's tracks are included in the music.pbo file. Eagle Wing's music is in the missions_ew.pbo file.