Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Hi

i have a request ace2 :)

I remember a mod (i think it was a british mod) back in time when we all was playing flashpoint, where you could in action menu choose to camo your face.. cool ideér i think..

my request is to make that able in ace 2 ??

Dennis

How about instead of drowning ACE 2 with requests for everyone's personal preference, we let them release their mod when they are ready and then they can look at adding extra features as they update it.

As they already did with Ace 1 where nearly every version update brought something new.

How about instead of drowning ACE 2 with requests for everyone's personal preference, we let them release their mod when they are ready and then they can look at adding extra features as they update it.

As they already did with Ace 1 where nearly every version update brought something new.

Good call. But after the release we will have to deal with all the people hurling insults cause ACE2 isn't what they expect. The devs can never win. It sure would be a good idea if wait and see was in-effect though.

A better place for requests may be the DH site. They may have a request feature over there. And they will probably see it a lot better.

The crucial part is, of course, the wounding system. It's good enough for PvP I guess, but it totally breaks combat against AI, since you get the feeling that you have to kill the same unit more than once :D. The rest of the mod is great, but we recently decided to stop using it completely because the above. Of course it's our loss ;).

Nah, imo that was really fun and immersive, I've played alot of Coop non-respawn missions at Tactical Gamer and that made you look twice at a fallen AI. It also minimized civilian casulties as you could patch them up if they ran into the crossfire, sure they were just AI, but the roleplaying of having actually to care about your targets added to the atmosphere (some missions actually forced the mission to end after a certain civilian body count, though I find that unrealistic).

Also, some missions had POWs script enabled so with the 1-shot-dead AI of Vanilla ArmA you couldn't take many prisoners...

okay okay.. im very sorry.. but this was my first request.. but i just wait and see..

Nah, imo that was really fun and immersive, I've played alot of Coop non-respawn missions at Tactical Gamer and that made you look twice at a fallen AI. It also minimized civilian casulties as you could patch them up if they ran into the crossfire, sure they were just AI, but the roleplaying of having actually to care about your targets added to the atmosphere (some missions actually forced the mission to end after a certain civilian body count, though I find that unrealistic).

Also, some missions had POWs script enabled so with the 1-shot-dead AI of Vanilla ArmA you couldn't take many prisoners...

Wounded enemy AI keep calling your position to other units, still active, while your AI didn't engage them anymore as far as they were marked 'captive', I mean, 'wounded' ;).

Is there any chance of getting some "Q&A" by the Devs or some feature´s list + SS? xD

Just can´t wait for the release.... =(

Can't wait for weapon resting feature, since one of my favorite roles in ArmA 2 is machine gunner or automatic rifleman. :yay:

Hi

i have a request ace2 :)

I remember a mod (i think it was a british mod) back in time when we all was playing flashpoint, where you could in action menu choose to camo your face.. cool ideér i think..

my request is to make that able in ace 2 ??

Dennis

Do it yourself in Editor with a simple script :/

Yes nice looking pictures.But will we also have some FLIR or Infrared System on the Night Googles or vehicles binoculars??:confused:

I think it's a MUST HAVE for ACE 2!!:cool::cool:

I doubt it, seeing as the exp pack will have FLIR, no reason to do the job twice.

I am glad to see once again plenty of work going into this mod. Modularity certainly will resolve issues with having use all the options of that version. I like to see new GUI options in menu to add new options mode to able ingame change everything not needing going back out of game change the values, so every options can be either selected on or user selection how high the selection is.

Yes nice looking pictures.But will we also have some FLIR or Infrared System on the Night Googles or vehicles binoculars??:confused:

Honestly think that will come in OpA maybe. ACE2 for OpA. There is no FLIR that is good enough to make it in ARMA2 right now.

At least IMO.

I dont even think of it as FLIR, its just a black/white nightvision. OPA VBS2 FLIR will be great though.

Can't wait for weapon resting feature, since one of my favorite roles in ArmA 2 is machine gunner or automatic rifleman. :yay:

Do it yourself in Editor with a simple script :/

thanks my friend, but im not a scripter, never tryid before.. :confused: how do i do that ??

by the way.. nice and funny little guitar addon you made ;)

Dennis

Was playing a little mission i made and i used DM's beta test version of his upcoming fire & smoke addon. Anyway the story was that my friend shot down an incoming Mi-28 that crashed very very close to our little base, and he took it out with a static MG. Now since the fire from the wreck caught the trees and mayhem broke out and the fire started spreading towards our base i immediatelly thaught about ACE and moveable MG's! :)

Would been so nice to be able to save that weapon and put it up somewhere else. In short - cant wait! :D

Alex

Yeah sounds like then we'll have some real good use to be able to move stuff around finally. And if RKSL gets their cargo system up for ArmA 2, then we can get ammo and whatnot loaded onto trucks and get the hell outta there and setup MG's elsewhere before we all get BBQ'ed, hehe.

On a side note--I hope it wasn't asked already--but I was curious at all if ACE2 will be tweaking weapon tracers again at all in some form?

<Sigh> I miss the ACE Ruck system--in fact I flat out miss ACE period. I'll have to reinstall AA1 and have some ACE fun at some point. :D

On a side note--I hope it wasn't asked already--but I was curious at all if ACE2 will be tweaking weapon tracers again at all in some form?

Yeah it would be very nice to have them glow again. :)

(Lit up the environemt at night)

Yeah it would be very nice to have them glow again. :)

(Lit up the environemt at night)

Wait, they don't in vanilla A2? *mindstop* :eek:

Wait, they don't in vanill A2? *mindstop* :eek:

I never seen the tracers lit up the ground/buildings like with ArmA1 6th sense tracers nope. They "glow" cause of PP, but not casting its light onto objects. Would be nice to have again.

Yeah, it always made nighttime firefights prettier to watch from a distance. I also noticed the 249 doesn't have any tracers whatsoever--I'm hoping ACE2 will allow us to have them again like in AA1.

I was thinking about SLX just now how in AA1 the tracers could even set stuff on fire--then again if we had that plus DM's mod--one tracer could potentially start a whole Forrest fire, lol.

Anyways, figured I'd ask about the tracers, since as Alex even said, we miss the nice glowy FX. :D

I also noticed the 249 doesn't have any tracers whatsoever--I'm hoping ACE2 will allow us to have them again like in AA1.

Try firing it with your NVG's on, you can see them then... it's in the manual. :p

Yeah, it always made nighttime firefights prettier to watch from a distance. I also noticed the 249 doesn't have any tracers whatsoever--I'm hoping ACE2 will allow us to have them again like in AA1.

This is probably because you play with rifle tracers disabled. Since the ammunition is the same for the SAW and M16/M4 they will both be affected by the rifle tracer setting.

Hopefully ACE2 will work around this though with their magazine system.