Sign in to follow this  
norrin

MP fast rope script addon

Why is it, that after the "Rappel" waypoint, you can't place another waypoint? Like, if I wanted the Helicopter to rappel, then head back to base.

Hi mate,

If you're talking about after an AI pilot inserts the player and his team via fast-ropes then you can give the AI pilot waypoints once all the units have disembarked the chopper.

If you look at the instructions for use by AI pilots

1. add to act line of chopper waypoint:

nul = [chop1, 1, 25, "move1.sqs"] execVM "\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf";

"move1.sqs" - is waypoint script that runs once the fast-rope is over, using this script you can get the pilot to move anywhere you like etc - there's an example of it in the test mission

norrin

Yeah, still bypasses. In that test mission I saw how the helicopter unloaded the troops then flew off to that town, but didn't see HOW it did with no waypoint, or anything.

As for that, I used the helicopter in the northern part of Utes for my own test, Let me show you...

arma22010-03-1303-18-40-55.jpg

Blue circle represents your RAPPEL waypoint

Red Circle represents where I want it to go next.

arma22010-03-1303-18-50-65.jpg

Here is a in-depth look of the blue circle I circled the Waypoint order, the Rappel is Move1, while at the bottom of the script, it specefies Move1. This is the issue, what next?

arma22010-03-1303-18-56-20.jpg

Finally, this is my red Circle at the top you see I circled Move2, in your script it only specefies Move1, so if I play like this, it just completely bypasses Move1.

The archive contains:

* Fast rope addon that contains the rope and the fast rope script (Just use something like @norrn_dbo_fastrope folder to create a mod-folder as you would in ArmA).

I'm on my 5th hour of trying to get this to work, which is pretty embarrassing since there are pages and pages of thread on this matter.....

no stupid questions, just stupid people :)

I've un pbo'ed this thing, I've followed the instructions to the letter, I've tried my own way.

So I'm back to square one and just going to start from the beginning.

The bolded statement may be the spot I have misunderstood.

I really have no idea where to actually put this norrn_dbo_fastrope PBO file.

And I just can't find any place it actually says where to put it, as I have no idea about what went on in Arma 1.

Do I put the PBO in a new folder in the mission folder while I work on it in the editor?

Or do I just drop it into the main Addons folder for Arma2?

Here's what I did, if you help me I will give you nothing but my respect:

Step 1 : Put norrn_dbo_fastrope (PBO) & norrn_dbo_fastrope.pbo.norrn.bisign into Arma 2\AddOns\

Step 2 : added required addons to my mission.sqm to remove error message:

version=11;
class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
	"cacharacters2",
	"utes",
	"ace_sys_aitalk",
	"ace_sys_wounds",
	"CA_Modules_Alice",
	"ca_modules_animals",
	"ca_missions_secops",
	"acex_veh_mah6",
	"acex_veh_uh60",
	"CA_AH64D",
	"acex_veh_ah1",
	"CAAir",
	"CAWater",
	"acex_men_insurgents",
	"CAWheeled",
	"CAWheeled_Pickup",
	"CAWheeled_Offroad",
	"CAWheeled2_V3S",
	"CATracked",
	"camisc3",
	"cabuildings",
	"CAMisc",
	"ace_c_weapon",
	"acex_c_weapon",
	"ace_sys_weapons",
	"ace_sys_knicklicht",
	"cawater2_fishing_boat",
	"acex_men_usarmy",
	"ace_sys_fastroping",
	"norrn_dbo_fastrope",
	"CAAir2_UH1Y"
};

I then created a UH1Y and named it Knight1.

I then created a squad and Grouped it to the chopper.

};
	class Item43
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=7;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={1355.9716,15.885103,1005.451};
				special="NONE";
				id=16;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="UH1Y";
				leader=1;
				rank="CAPTAIN";
				skill=0.60000002;
				text="knight1";
				init="this setposASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 15.9];";
			};
			class Item1
			{
				position[]={1368.6244,15.885103,968.3667};
				special="NONE";
				id=194;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="FR_TL";
				rank="LIEUTENANT";
				skill=0.84324312;
				init="this moveInCargo knight1;";
			};
			class Item2
			{
				position[]={1371.6244,15.885099,963.3667};
				id=195;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="FR_AR";
				rank="SERGEANT";
				skill=0.46666664;
			};
			class Item3
			{
				position[]={1373.6244,15.885099,963.3667};
				id=196;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="FR_GL";
				rank="SERGEANT";
				skill=0.6188671;
			};
			class Item4
			{
				position[]={1375.6244,15.885099,963.3667};
				id=197;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="FR_Marksman";
				rank="SERGEANT";
				skill=0.84324312;
			};
			class Item5
			{
				position[]={1377.6244,15.885099,963.3667};
				id=198;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="FR_R";
				rank="SERGEANT";
				skill=0.59585446;
			};
			class Item6
			{
				position[]={1379.6244,15.885099,963.3667};
				id=199;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="FR_Corpsman";
				rank="SERGEANT";
				skill=0.46666664;
			};
		};
		class Waypoints
		{
			items=5;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={1356.0551,15.885103,1007.9596};
				type="UNLOAD";
				class Effects
				{
				};
				showWP="NEVER";
			};
			class Item1
			{
				position[]={1356.1165,15.885103,1010.5349};
				type="LOAD";
				synchronizations[]={1};
				class Effects
				{
				};
				showWP="NEVER";
			};
			class Item2
			{
				position[]={1359.6075,0.5368433,1261.9769};
				class Effects
				{
				};
				showWP="NEVER";
			};
			class Item3
			{
				position[]={4038.4629,0.56504959,2179.0015};
				combatMode="GREEN";
				speed="FULL";
				combat="AWARE";
				class Effects
				{
				};
				showWP="NEVER";
			};
			class Item4
			{
				position[]={4213.7021,13.531593,2719.9678};
				speed="LIMITED";
				combat="CARELESS";
				expActiv="nul = [knight1, 1, 25, ""move1.sqs""] execVM ""\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf"";";
				class Effects
				{
				};
				showWP="NEVER";
			};
		};
	};
	class Item44
	{

I then added waypoints for the chopper, and as seen above entered this into the final waypoint activation:

nul = [knight1, 1, 25, "move1.sqs"] execVM "\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf";

The entire chopper is AI, it takes off from the carrier and goes to Utes to drop off the troops. On the final waypoint the chopper is set to Limited/Careless and

I included the move1 script which is in my mission folder as move1.sqs so it would zoom off following the rope script:

;chopper_move.sqs

_heli = _this select 0;
_group = group _heli;

~2

_heli flyInHeight 40; 

_waypoint0 = _group addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "WP1", 15];

_waypoint0 setWaypointType "MOVE";

_waypoint0 setWaypointSpeed "Normal"; 

_waypoint1 = _group addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "WP2", 15];

_waypoint1 setWaypointType "MOVE";

exit

The problem is that once to the final waypoint, it simply just hovers in the air and does nothing, no rope action, just nothing.

I'm running it to show script errors and it is not showing anything.

AND while I was making this post I added this to an earlier way point for the chopper so it would come in lower....

knight1 flyInHeight 15;

it works now!

Thanks for the cool script, still going to post in case the info helps somebody

You should of downloaded the arma launcher and made a seperate folder for it, I hear that dropping things into the Addons folder will cause issues in the future.

Funnily enough I managed to fix my own problem as well, after the helicopter completes its rappel point, I placed a small move point like right on top of THAT waypoint, and synced a radio-call trigger to it then another move point back to base.

So that once all units touch down, I just put the radio call in and signals the helicopters to fly back to base. Woo! Unfortunely this script dosen't work well with the Undead mod

Hey I was wondering, some times I have an issue where when I am the leader of a squad of AI, and we fast rope out of a UH-60, some times the guys fall down the rope fast enough to where they either die or are crippled.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? All units are named and in the same group.

And if I set it to where it "forces" the player our, some times I fall to my death as well..

Here is what I have in my waypoint.

chop1 flyInHeight 30;nul = [chop1, 0, 25, "move1.sqs"] execVM "\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fast_rope_AI_pilot.sqf";

1. If there's A LOT of units, scripts, etc on the map all at once it will cause this addon to lag horribly as you said, they fall off the rope. Are they very choppy on getting to the ground? But anyways, a lot of lag will delay their rappeling and the ropes will cut off too quick for them to reach the ground.

2. Tried ajusting the flyinheight or amount of time you want until ropes snap?

hello norrin how can i get this script 2 work whit the new UH60M_EP1?when i change the helo1 for UH60M_EP1 in the example mission there are no ropes.

I play arma2_oa whit ace- arma2_oa_vanilla. THX

Edited by Davey
SRY wrong script i mean the helogto script

You have to add the ropes they are the addon and go in to its own mod folder or the addon folder if you dont use independent mod folders. then they will work I am also not sure that these work on all choppers so first test it on the same one you see in his dem mission.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Hey Rasor think you could send me a sample mission of how you get the chopper to go back to the base?

Norrin may jump in here but when using the AddOn Version the Rope Locations to center of Helo are all defined inside the AddOn itself. If you try to use a Helo that is not listed in that Class then it can not find it and nothing happens.

I know this because I edited the AddOn for my private server to add the OA Helo and others like Merlin and so on.

So I believe Norrin will have to add the UH60M in order for it to work, same with the CH47.

Is it possible, or would you consider adding - a way to override the "return to base" command once it is issued to an AI pilot?

If someone chooses "return to base" - either accidentally, or because they forgot about one objective still not done... they cannot override that and set another chopper destination, they are stuck headed back to base.

---

My problem is that I have mission working - and ending - just fine, except in that one case. If they forgot a task, or if they choose "return to base" on accident... then they are stuck hovering there (at "base"), my end mission trigger is not activated, and they cannot choose another chopper destination to go back and complete the task.

(I tried a workaround of just having mission fail trigger if they approach "base" with an incomplete task, but I'm getting confused and can't figure it out)

Also - thanks again for your wonderful scripts.

Wait once a chopper heads back to base isn't it still avaiable for pick ups after that? Wont it still respond for extractions?

Wait once a chopper heads back to base isn't it still avaiable for pick ups after that? Wont it still respond for extractions?

Yes it does.

Let me try to reword this. In the mission in question;

http://rapidshare.com/files/416483605/PortoSweep2.Porto.pbo.7z

There is no "base". I created a chopper in-flight, off of the island. That's how the mission starts. You are flying in the chopper, and approaching the island. And you get dropped off on the island, and you're off and Rambo-ing. Life is good.

I can call for extraction, and once my squad and I get in the chopper, I can either choose another location to go to, OR, I can choose 'Return to Base'.

If I choose another location, and we get dropped off again, than Yes, you are correct. The chopper goes off to "Base" (of which there isn't one), and waits for another command.

BUT, if we are in the chopper, and I choose 'return to base', AND I have not completed the mission... than my end-mission trigger doesn't fire, and we end up hovering there, and I cannot then choose to go back and get whatever objective I may have forgotten.

Now, there's only 3 objectives, and I don't expect to try to 'Return to Base' unless I have actually finished them. However, if for whatever reason, I (or someone who might decide to play the mission) hit 'Return to base' , they get stuck, and cannot finish the mission. Whether they hit it because they were on crack, and didn't pay attention to the objectives, or hit it on accident, whatever. I was simply trying to look for ways that the mission might "fail" to work correctly, and solve them.

Having said that, I realize that my request is perhaps considered trivial, and I do not expect a busy person like Norrin to worry about it if he's not interested. I'll just consider it an issue with my mission, and deal with it.

Got to say I love the chopper insetion and extraction but I do have one thing I would like to know how to change.

During multiplayer games everone has the option to call an extraction

Is there any way to limit it to an idividual player instead of everyone?

Merci d'avance

Does this work with A2/OA?? in SP

Yes. Not sure which script version is the most recent though.

hi,

i will use the uh1-h from the resistance with this script but it doesn't work. what do i wrong. thx for help.

greetings

chal

Having an issue. Got the script working, "I think", however ropes are not visible. Also it seems when I fly with AI to test that when they hit the ground they all break their legs or get hurt somehow. I'm using the default UH-60M with the following code in the init of the chopper itself. The other code is a vehicle re spawn.

nul = [this, 0] execVM "\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fastRope_playerPilotInit.sqf"; veh = [this, 25] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Any chance of getting the straight script version? I'm sure most would prefer it scripted rather then requiring a separate DL. I've been ripping it apart the mod for a good couple hours now, and no luck getting it to work. Really just having problems calling the scripts correctly. Googled and searched the forums quite well for a script version, but it appears the old versions are gone.

Im trying to make the most robust mission I can without the need for additional downloads. Is there any particular reason this must be done with a mod?

Thanks

Still cant get this working right. Fast ropes invisible and players getting hurt.

Any plans to update this for the OA, BAF and PMC helicopters?

If not would Norrin mind if someone else did it? If so has anyone had any luck updating the script?

Fastrope works in ACE. :)

Hi Kylania,

We are not worthy, we are not worthy...... :)

Thank you for all your examples and posts.

Yes one answer would be to use ACE but many players still don't use it and I would like the mission I'm working on to be available to all, not just the ACE players. Also just installing an addon to solve a problem is the easy way out lol.

It would be nice if Norrin would update this or maybe we could get permission to do it ourselves? I'm sure it's just a simple task of adding the helo class names and adjusting the rope attach to points. Everything works apart from the ropes. The AI jump out and fall to the ground in a rope sliding animation.