Sign in to follow this  
norrin

MP fast rope script addon

NORRIN,

Did you lower the min drop rope distance below 10m? So we can get under MMA Radar?

Thanks

NORRIN,

Did you lower the min drop rope distance below 10m? So we can get under MMA Radar?

Thanks

Ah mate, I completely forgot :blush:

- I'll get you an interim fix as soon as I can

@Sneaker-78-

I understand it would be nice to have this included as part of the default choppers but for the AI controlled units, at least, you're still going to need to program some code in their init lines or via a script so they know what to do and this way I feel you have more control over the options. I also don't need to play with the default unit's config.s, which could end in disaster.

MMA radar detecting too low choppers, then just raise min detection alt for air targets in the missions:

mando_minairalt = 20;

Is there a key for this mod, tried running it on my server but unless i turn key checking off the server wont allow anyone in...

Any idea why I'm getting this?

"Script ad_helos\Fastrope\scripts\draw_ropes1.sqf not found"

Init of MH-60S (named Transport)

nul = [Transport, 0] execVM "\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fastRope_playerPilotInit.sqf";

Also tried replacing 0 with 1, and replacing the playerPilotInit with playerPilot.

What happens is, I press the deploy ropes, get that error, pilot sees the ropes but the passenger(s) don't see the Descend option nor do they see the ropes.

When you hit eject regardless, you just fall. It's funny, but it's not how I'd like it to work :P

Regards, Nemor.

Edited by Nemorz

Any idea why I'm getting this?

"Script ad_helos\Fastrope\scripts\draw_ropes1.sqf not found"

Init of MH-60S (named Transport)

nul = [Transport, 0] execVM "\norrn_dbo_fastrope\scripts\fastRope_playerPilotInit.sqf";

Have you got the latest version of the fastrope addon, as there was an incompatability with ADukes choppers in an earlier version that caused this error?

Aye I've got 0.6 which I'm assuming is latest coz it's the latest version I can see.

By the way, love your stuff, using your revive stuff as well so don't take my question as being unappreciative :)

Hiho Norrin :) And again a great addon! My RPT showed some errors:

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_ACTION_CONTEXT
Exe version: 1.04.60899
norrn_dbo_fastrope\m\dbo_rope.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
norrn_dbo_fastrope\m\dbo_rope.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
norrn_dbo_fastrope\m\dbo_rope_ground.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
norrn_dbo_fastrope\m\dbo_rope_ground.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

Are they going to be fixed? How's the progress of fixing the known issues? :)

i tried to use the 160th soar helicopter an it doesn't work. Can anyone help me try?

I have a problem using this addon on mi24.

In the chopper all are real players -> pilot and soldiers in cargo.

When group leader drops ropes, automatically(after 20sec) he is being dropped. But no one else has option to drop himself.

Sometimes it appears, but after slide you die.

So it's unplayable in MP.

Don't check this thread nearly as much as I should but I've found the code error that was causing Nemorz's bug.

Will get a fix posted ASAP

Sorry double posting again

New version:

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/fastRope/norrn_DBO_fastrope_ver07.rar

Fixes:

* Player passenger deploying ropes on a dedicated server bug identified by Nemorz

Will fix the minor bugs of report issues and will add shadow lods when I have more time

@ufoman - very hard to know what the problem is with so little info - try the new version and let me know if you are still having problems - maybe PM me a link to your mission that way I can check out what addons you are using and how you have it set-up

Edited by norrin

Love your Scripting Works

:thumbs up:

Do u think, maybe for future times...,the reverse way would be possible?

I guess u can still remember BAS in OFP.

We got ladders to deploy and the units were able to climb it up/down awhile the chopper was hovering at 30feet or sth.

I'm using the fast rope on Quesh Kibrul and having the units deploy close to the enemy positions. The problem is that once the helicopter spots the enemy infantry it flies off leading to a hilarious high speed fast rope.

Is there some way to force the AI chopper to hold for the fast rope?

I'm using the fast rope on Quesh Kibrul and having the units deploy close to the enemy positions. The problem is that once the helicopter spots the enemy infantry it flies off leading to a hilarious high speed fast rope.

Is there some way to force the AI chopper to hold for the fast rope?

Yeah this is a difficult situation to deal with as the AI pilots for some reason don't like being shot at. :)

Try putting

this setCaptive true

in the init line of the chopper - this should stop the enemy AI from firing at the chopper and freaking out the AI pilot.

Also make sure the behaviour of the AI pilot in the WP is set to careless otherwise the AI pilot may make a run for it the moment it detects enemy units.

NORRN Fast-Rope Goto Script

© JANUARY 2010 - norrin (norrin@iinet.net.au)

Scripts by norrin

Based on ideas by Aaron Duke

Download: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/fastRope/NORRN_FR_gototest.utes.rar

Description

This simple system of scripts allow you to command an AI piloted chopper to go to a map point where you will disembark via fast-rope insertion. The chopper will then return to base and refuel, where upon it can be commanded to extract you from another map click position selected by the player.

Tested

ArmA2 version 1.05 on a dedicated server but only with a single player so far

To add to your mission

1. Ensure that the NORRN_DBO_fastrope addon is in the appropriate addon directory

2. Copy the heloGoto folder from the example mission into your mission folder

3. To avoid the annoying "addon missing" pop-up make sure you edit the mission file to include the fast-rope addon

eg in the test mission

addOns[]=
{
"CAAir",
"utes",
"cacharacters2",
"CAAir2_UH1Y",
"norrn_dbo_fastrope"
};

4. Create an AI crewed chopper in the editor that is equipped with fast ropes (MH60, UH1 or Mi24) and name it in the editor eg. helo1. Make sure its initial start position is somewhere relatively open - to reduce the possibility of accidental crashing.

5. In the init line of the chopper or in the init.sqf put

null = [helo1] execVM "heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

where helo1 is the name given to the chopper in the editor

How it works

1. When a player group leader gets in the chopper in a cargo position an action appears to set the chopper’s fast-rope destination.

2. Use the action and then a prompt appears to click on the map to set the fast rope destination – choose your destination.

3. The chopper will commence taking off – during the journey to the fast-rope destination the player commander will be given an action to cancel the fast-rope destination – if a player chooses this option the chopper goes into a holding pattern and the player can choose a new fast-rope destination or return to base.

4. Once the fast-rope destination is reached the player and his team will automatically disembark at that location.

5. The chopper will then return to base and refuel. After a few seconds an action will appear for the player group leader to set an extraction point.

6. If this option is chosen the player will need to click on the map to identify a safe location for an extraction site. The chopper will then proceed to this location. Note: this location has to be relatively flat and away from trees and powerlines etc otherwise the chopper will be damaged as it lands and you’ll end up being stuck there.

7. Once the chopper lands you will have approximately 30 seconds to board the chopper.

8. The chopper then lifts off and actions appear in the player group leader’s action list giving the player the option to return to base or set a new fast-rope destination.

Remember

This is a very simple system – the chopper will fly a straight path to any destination given so flying over enemy troops may end in disaster. Also don’t forget due to the limitations in the AI flight model that the AI piloted choppers do have a tendency to run into mountains and trees, to a certain extent I’ve tried to account for this but take care when setting chopper extraction locations.

License

These scripts are not to be used for commercial purposes or to be modified without the author's prior consent

Finally I'm going to be away for the next 10 days, so any complaints, bugs or questions will have to wait until then to be addressed.

norrin

Edited by norrin

*edit* srry nvm

@vengeance1

Btw. to answer your question. Tried this with both ACE and CAA1 on Avgani map. Worked without a problem. :D

Edited by Minoza