Sign in to follow this  
norrin

MP fast rope script addon

*edit* srry nvm

@vengeance1

Btw. to answer your question. Tried this with both ACE and CAA1 on Avgani map. Worked without a problem. :D

Thanks, I tested also in my case with DOM not ACE version but using ACE if I use the NORRIN version of Fast Rope (manual entry in sqm) not the ACE Version it worked fine.

NORRIN, it would be nice if you could figure out how to respawn the manned helo if it should get Toasted!

Nice Work!

Thanks, I tested also in my case with DOM not ACE version but using ACE if I use the NORRIN version of Fast Rope (manual entry in sqm) not the ACE Version it worked fine.

NORRIN, it would be nice if you could figure out how to respawn the manned helo if it should get Toasted!

Nice Work!

I've been using it with ACE2 and it works great.

I've been using it with ACE2 and it works great.

Sorry Manzilla I probably wasn't being very clear, yes it works in ACE what I meant was if you use the ACE Fast Rope Module then it does not work, you have to use the NORRIN version of Fast Rope. At least in my mission of DOM on Duala.

Thanks

I love the insertoin extracton script! The only bug I found is when the chopper comes back for refuling, the gunners get out and never come back again! So when it flys off for pick up, it has no guns.

To make the chopper use several way points to get to insertion instead of straight line, is to cancel before reaching destination and setting a new point. It is a work around.

Edited by CaptainBravo

To make the chopper use several way points to get to insertion instead of straight line, is to cancel before reaching destination and setting a new point. It is a work around.

I don't understand, I simply use move waypoints for moving and add script exec to the last one and it works... AFAIK you can have as many move waypoints in between...

It works with move points. However, I want it to be dynamic depedning on mission. I will try using with high command and add action to excute script.

Great script,

I am using it in a mission and one problem I am having is when the teamleader revives/respawns He loses the ability to call for extraction.

Would it be possible to trigger the extraction with radio?

Is any one else having trouble with the Call for Extraction action? It asks me to click on the map but the chopper never moves. If I teleport back to where he is he is just sitting there. Everything else seems to work though. It's a great addition.

NORRN Fast-Rope Goto Script Version 1.02

Here's an update: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/fastRope/NORRN_FR_gototest102.utes.rar

Fixes

* Gunners will now re-board the chopper after it returns to base

* Extraction call script will now work following the death and respawn/revive of a player

@Manzilla - When you get a chance try the new version mate and let me know if its working

NORRN Fast-Rope Goto Script Version 1.02

Here's an update: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/fastRope/NORRN_FR_gototest102.utes.rar

Fixes

* Gunners will now re-board the chopper after it returns to base

* Extraction call script will now work following the death and respawn/revive of a player

@Manzilla - When you get a chance try the new version mate and let me know if its working

Thank you norrin, I'll let you know.

EDIT:

I just tried it and it still doesn't work. I can select it from the action menu, then it asks me for the extraction location. When I go to the map and click it a hint says extraction location set but no marker appears. (Like it does when you select a fast rope extraction spot.)

But when I do all this the chopper doesn't move at all.

I'm using the example mission with ACE2 and have tried the "disable fast-roping" module and with out it. No luck though. Everything else works just fine.

Edited by Manzilla

I just tried it and it still doesn't work. I can select it from the action menu, then it asks me for the extraction location. When I go to the map and click it a hint says extraction location set but no marker appears. (Like it does when you select a fast rope extraction spot.)

But when I do all this the chopper doesn't move at all.

I'm using the example mission with ACE2 and have tried the "disable fast-roping" module and with out it. No luck though. Everything else works just fine.

I ran a couple of quick tests this morning using the latest version of ACE2 and CBA on both a dedicated and local server and as far as I can tell it was all working fine - the extract action was creating a waypoint. Mate were you using any other addons? If not try updating ACE and CBA and see if you have any luck.

I put it in one of my missions and it works great. The only catch is do not die before you get the add action of extraction. If you die before the add action, then you will never be able to extract. Unless you go back and fast rope in again.

If you die after you get the add action extraction it works with no problems.

Nomadd

I put it in one of my missions and it works great. The only catch is do not die before you get the add action of extraction. If you die before the add action, then you will never be able to extract. Unless you go back and fast rope in again.

If you die after you get the add action extraction it works with no problems.

Nomadd

I'm talking about the "Call for Extraction" action that is always available if you remove the "//" from the other line in the init.sqf. Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like you are talking about the extraction action that appears after you've fast-roped in.

My apologies if I'm wrong.

norrin,

I was trying to check that but I eventually tested it with just ACE2 and CBA and I still couldn't get it to move. I'll try again though. Thanks for the response.

EDIT:

I just tried it again with just ACE2, ACEX and CBA but the "Call for chopper extraction" still doesn't make the chopper move. I can jump in the chopper, fast rope and then call for extraction but I can't use just the "Call for chopper extraction" action. Weird stuff. Not sure what to say.

Edited by Manzilla

You are correct Manzilla I was refering to the "call for extraction" you get after you fast rope and the helo returns to base. I didn't try removing the // in the init.sqf. I will give it a try.

Nomadd

Let me know what you find. I'm not quite sure why I can't get it to work with only ACE2, ACEX and CBA running.

Sorry guys now you've got me confused :)

So if you set the fast-rope destination fast-rope, fast-rope then wait until the chopper gets back to base and you get the extraction action it all works fine?

But if you remove the comments "//" from the //NORRN_heliExtract_action = player addAction ["Call chopper extraction", "heloGoTo\extractionMapClick.sqf", player]; in the init.sqf then the you cannot extract without fast-roping first!

If this is the case then I must warn you the commented code in the init.sqf is just left over from when writing/testing the script and was never meant to work in game. If you do want a feature like this though ie. call for extraction without fast-roping first I can probably add it.

Sorry guys now you've got me confused :)

If this is the case then I must warn you the commented code in the init.sqf is just left over from when writing/testing the script and was never meant to work in game. If you do want a feature like this though ie. call for extraction without fast-roping first I can probably add it.

Ahhhh that's what's going on. Yes an option to call for extraction without using the heli to fast-rope in would be great. Just a transportation type option as well.

My apologies for the confusion.

Goto Version 1.03

Download

http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/fastRope/NORRN_FR_gototest103.utes.rar

Description

This simple system of scripts allow you to command an AI piloted chopper to go to a map point where you will disembark via fast-rope insertion or following the landing of the chopper. The chopper will then return to base and refuel, where upon it can be commanded to extract you from another map click position selected by the player.

Tested in ArmA2 version 1.05 on a dedicated server

To add to your mission: (Note some of this has changed)

1. Ensure that the NORRN_DBO_fastrope addon is in the appropriate addon directory

2. Copy the "scripts" folder that contains the "heloGoto" sub-folder folder from the example mission into your mission folder. If you already have a "scripts" folder in your mission then just copy the "heloGoTo" subfolder in to it.

3. To avoid the annoying addon missing pop-up make sure you edit the mission file to include the fast-rope addon

eg in the test mission the

addOns[]=
{
"CAAir",
"utes",
"cacharacters2",
"CAAir2_UH1Y",
"norrn_dbo_fastrope"
};

4. Create an AI crewed chopper in the editor that is equipped with fast ropes (MH60, UH1 or Mi24) and name it in the editor eg. helo1. Make sure its initial start position is somewhere relatively open - to reduce the possibility of accidental crashing.

5. In the init line of the chopper or in the init.sqf put

null = [helo1] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

where:

helo1 is the name given to the chopper in the editor

6.If you want to have the ability to call for extraction from mission start (ie. without having used the chopper to get to some location) make sure in the init.sqf file you put some code like:

player setVariable ["NORRN_FR_gotoHeli", helo1, true];

where:

player - is player or the name given to the playable unit in the editor

helo1 - is the name given to the chopper in the editor

How it works:

1. When a player group leader gets in the chopper in a cargo position an action appears to set the chopper’s fast-rope destination or chopper land destination (chopper will land at this point).

2. Use the action and then a prompt appears to click on the map to set the fast rope destination – choose your destination.

3. The chopper will commence taking off – during the journey to the fast-rope destination the player commander will be given an action to cancel the fast-rope destination – if a player chooses this option the chopper goes into a holding pattern and the player can choose a new fast-rope destination or return to base.

4. Once the fast-rope destination is reached the player and his team will automatically disembark at that location.

5. The chopper will then return to base and refuel. After a few seconds an action will appear for the player group leader to set an extraction point.

6. If this option is chosen the player will need to click on the map to identify a safe location for an extraction site. The chopper will then proceed to this location. Note: this location has to be relatively flat and away from trees and powerlines etc otherwise the chopper will be damaged as it lands and you’ll end up being stuck there.

7. Once the chopper lands it will remain there (with engine running) until the all clear is given.

8. The chopper then lifts off and actions appear in the player group leader’s action list giving the player the option to return to base, set a new fast-rope destination or land destination.

Chopper Destination action.

Works in a similar way to the Fast rope destination, however, the chopper will land at the point designated and will remain there with the engines running until the "all clear" action is given. This will give you plenty of time (if needed) to unload the chopper get gear etc. Once the all clear is given the chopper will automatically return to base.

Changes to extraction system

Extraction works as in the previous system however the chopper will land and remain at the designated point (with the engine running) until the player uses the "all clear action". The chopper will then lift off - once it attains a height of approx 20 metres the action return to base, designate fatrope or landing point then appear.

Using this system you can now use the chopper for MedEVAC or tactical resupply etc

Remember: This is a very simple system – the chopper will fly a straight path to any destination given so flying over enemy troops may end in disaster. Also don’t forget due to the limitations in the AI flight model that the AI piloted choppers do have a tendency to run into mountains and trees, to a certain extent I’ve tried to account for this but take care when setting chopper extraction locations.

Also if you want to set a complex flight path for your chopper while you are on board you can set a destination and then cancel it as you approach it and then set a new destination - that way you can approach a target from an any angle.

License

These scripts are not to be used for commercial purposes or to be modified without the author's prior consent

Edited by norrin

Gday mate

cracking script ... love it

however i have a problem if an AI unit boards before the team leader the chopper takes off and holds position in a hover leaving the team leader unable to get in ...

anyone else have similar issues ?

edit

===

was using v1.03 problem fixed in 1.04

Edited by shark-attack

Can it use the Russian MI24V as a fast-rope vehicle?

Yes it can :)

Is there a way to add this to multiple helis in game. I've tried a few different ways but it gives a bunch of extraction options in the action menu.

From my Init.sqf:

////////////// Norrin Fast Rope Set-up://///////////

// init.sqf

[helo1] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";
[helo2] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";
[helo3] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

// For extraction action at start-up
player setVariable ["NORRN_FR_gotoHeli", helo1, true];
player setVariable ["NORRN_FR_gotoHeli", helo2, false];
player setVariable ["NORRN_FR_gotoHeli", helo3, false];

I tried a few different ways as well but it still gives me 3 options for extraction or the helis won't work at all.

Any ideas about what I could do or is it not possible?

Another thing I'd like to know is if I can get a heli to respawn with a full crew and have it use this script. Basically I'd like to be able to use it again if the heli gets destroyed and have it respawn in the same spot just as it was when the mission started. I tried to use a basic vehicle respawn script but just an empty heli respawns and even if I man it with crew the fast rope option isn't there anymore.

Has anyone implemented this into a mission yet? I don't want it to be MP compatible. I just want the fast rope heli(named helo1 in the Editor) to respawn in a SP game when it's destroyed or crashes due to silly AI piloting skills. ;)