Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

Yes and I believe yes but there is a limit on activations which you get increased by contacting support once you've used them up, as long as it's for legitimate reasons of course :)

I live in the the US and I have already contact Sprocket on the release date and download of ArmA 2, they said soon, probably next week. The activations are limited, but like Placebo said you can contact their support and get more if you explain to them whats going on. Many of my friends had to do that and they got more activations.

Any news on that upcoming press release about a US publisher and release date?

I ordered original ArmA from Sprocket, it works fine, the DRM is tidy and not a hassle, if you run out of activations an email will take care of it.

:)

Sorry if this was asked already - will Sprocket have a download version for the US? I'd much prefer something that has no connection to Steam.

Sorry if this was asked already - will Sprocket have a download version for the US? I'd much prefer something that has no connection to Steam.

Anyone can download the sprocket version, no matter where you live. Just pay and you get it :)

I just went to the Gamestop the other day, and I found out that Arma 2 is going the be in their store on the 29th of June. So, I reserved a copy for $5.00 and I had some money today so I went to pre order my copy and Paid for it today. On the 29th I'll go to the store and pick it up. The store manager there also was a Arma fan and he told me his own copy was going to be one of those coming to the store.

I can't wait! :D

Nice newegg is selling it!!!! well now i need figure out, either buy a copy from Eb and pick it up or order it from newegg? if i get it from newegg and i get fastest shipping how long will it take to get here?

Well I'm getting it through gamestop they said they were getting it on the june 30th I find it odd even though there is still no information on who the NA publisher is.

Any news on that upcoming press release about a US publisher and release date?

Nothing, really quite ridiculous, we sent them the press release drafted from our end on Monday, just needed them to add their blurb and release and for some reason none of us know it's not released yet, now it's already leaked who the US publisher is :j::j::j::j::j:

Nothing, really quite ridiculous, we sent them the press release drafted from our end on Monday, just needed them to add their blurb and release and for some reason none of us know it's not released yet, now it's already leaked who the US publisher is :j::j::j::j::j:

what do you mean by this "now it's already leaked who the US publisher is " ??

On EB Games/Gamestop they have Arma II available for pre-order. They list the publisher as Got Game Entertainment. So yes the publisher has been "leaked". Placebo is just referring to the fact that GGE has yet to make an "official" announcement. Also they have no mention of Arma II on their website.

I'm really sorry to hear that Placebo, if it's this Got Games Entertainment I would be sad to report no surpise, and I hope they, your PR Agency, and North American Agent whoever he (or she) may be do right by BI, exceed their reputations, and work so far on behalf of BI.

:(

I kinda agree with you Hoak cause i have never heard of Got Games Entertainment and from the looks of thier games, i see why. I dont like them already for being late on their press release for their biggest and best game. Well looks like another Atari :( Maybe i will buy it from sprocket after all.

I really don't think it matters what publisher you buy from. Eventually all versions will be patched to be the same.

I really don't think it matters what publisher you buy from. Eventually all versions will be patched to be the same.

Exactly! I just think some people want to either get it soon as they can, and the some vendors meet that need better depending on where they are, and some need to pinch pennies and are look for the best price.

Just a reminder: the topic post (first post page one) is kept up-to-date, with all known/announced retail options for North America (and some for Mexico as well)...

:)

Nothing, really quite ridiculous, we sent them the press release drafted from our end on Monday, just needed them to add their blurb and release and for some reason none of us know it's not released yet, now it's already leaked who the US publisher is

Glad to help with the leak :D.

Wow! Got Game Entertainment still has not announced ArmA II, it makes me wonder if it will be in store on the 29th still?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

ok i just emailed Got Game Entertainment and they sent me an email back saying the game wont be released until around July 7th !!!!! :(

I live in Indiana, USA. Just ordered my 505 copy from CD-Wow... well two copies actually. One for me and one for my buddy. Just because he is so cheap...

And now he will have no excuse!

Yep, nothing like in Christmas in June. :xmas:

Although, don't steam versions of games use different patches, which arrive later than conventional DVD patches? At least that has been the case with a few games on Steam. Does this apply to other downloaded versions as well?

I would rather have a DVD if this is the case, but if there is a downloadable version that can use the regular patches, I'm all over it! Does anyone know?

:confused:

well since You could apply Retail patches to the Steam Version of Arma 1, i see no reason for it not to work fine with ArmA II.:)