Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

Steam does not effect downloading patches for Arma1 or ARMA2. Only games connected to Valve require Steam to on or active for playing/patching.

BIS uses Steam as a tool to buy/download the game through. You don't even have to run Steam while playing, patching, ect... for BIS games.

Steam does not effect downloading patches for Arma1 or ARMA2. Only games connected to Valve require Steam to on or active for playing/patching.

BIS uses Steam as a tool to buy/download the game through. You don't even have to run Steam while playing, patching, ect... for BIS games.

Very good! Thanks, guys. I will get it from 505 since I don't like Steam and BIS stated that 505 would be more profitable for them.

who is this company, and how the hell did they get a game like this? kinda worries me that i won't be able to find it in stores at all locally. steam it is i guess.

who is this company, and how the hell did they get a game like this? kinda worries me that i won't be able to find it in stores at all locally. steam it is i guess.

I know! What game looks like it doesn't belong? ARMA2! That's like seeing the KING hanging out with urine-soaked, dirtbag BUMS. WTF? The website looks like it was designed by some 80-year old grandmother with arthritis.

wonder why Gamestop and Newegg and other US retailers are saying June 26th and Got Game Entertainment is saying July 7th?

Iv been looking around and looking throgh all the threads that have somthing the do with the NA release date and there are like 5 or 6 dates that i have found. I know that steams is the 26th , but i want a hard copy and not a dl. I read the 505 Version Release Date - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc. thread and it says,

"Until we hear otherwise the rest are June 19th, some of the smaller EU countries may get slight delays due to logistics but there's no certainties either way."

So I kept looking and I found that on gogamer.com they have it so it releases the 22nd, ebgames and game stop have it the 29th, and on the forum people are saying in between the 19th and July 7th. So can anyone tell me when it will be here in the US so i can buy a hard copy. right now im looking at the gogamer.com because that is the soonest date and no other place is selling it the 19th except in euro contries.

PS: Yes I know that there are many other threads but no one seems to have a straight answer in them.

There seems to be no real set date, some stores are selling early/late. Steam has it for the 26th, gamestop 29th, gogamer 22(or 23 I forget).

Go for what you want, I chose steam for ease of use, Plus i hate paying 10 dollars for the best shipping, i want to play the day it releases!

I ordered mine from CD Wow in Australia and I live in the states. Might be worth checking out. There is a link in the first post of the NA Release thread I think.

gogamer is the 22nd amd shipping is only like $2 for me so i dont mind that much.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

I ordered mine from CD Wow in Australia and I live in the states. Might be worth checking out. There is a link in the first post of the NA Release thread I think.

i was looking at CDwow but then i did some research and they have alot of problem getting products out and they have horrible costumer service so i decided not to take any chances

Amazon UK's price is 24.99 Euro, that's so darn cheap!!! too bad it is not available for US order :(

OK, now that's wierd...

So I ordered earlier today from CDWow.us, two copies of ArmA2 each for $39.99 US.

Later, I was checking out some other stuff on CDWow.us this evening, and did another search on ArmA2 to see if I could see the release date specified. Here's the crazy thing: Depending on how you search for it, you get a different price/date!

If you do a search on "ArmA" or "ArmA 2", the first entry is the $39.99 I purchased earlier (labeled as 505). However, if you search on "ArmA2", you get a single entry (labeled as ALL INTERACTIVE) charging a whopping $70 !!! :wow_o:

Kind of makes sense based on the two different releases... Thing is, why would anyone in the US pay $30 more only to have their game shipped out almost three weeks later?!?

And now after I placed my order there's this weird email from CDWow requesting "additional info" from me.

Thank you for your recent purchase with CD-WOW! We look forward to processing your order as soon as possible.

The information you have provided us allows us to check that there are enough funds in the account to cover the transaction; however it does not tell us whether someone is using the account without the account holder’s authority. Accordingly, to ensure the account is not being misused, we require additional information to be sent to us to enable the processing of the order.

We would appreciate it if you could please forward a copy of your credit card and another form of identification showing your name and address as provided on your order. This can be your driver’s license, passport, utility bill or something similar. This information can either be faxed (to +61 3 9495 6255) or scanned and emailed as a jpg image. If you do not have access to a fax machine or scanner, perhaps you have access to a digital camera that you can use to photograph the documents. Once the images have been uploaded to your computer, they can then be emailed to us.

These details will be destroyed once received and verified, and all future orders will bypass this added security check. Please leave the first 6 and last 4 numbers of your credit card exposed; the rest may be covered to protect your security.

We understand that this request may cause some inconvenience and for this we do apologise. We have found this method the most effective in eliminating fraudulent transactions. When the security details have been received, your account is flagged to ensure any future orders placed (where the payment method remains the same), will not be subjected to the same checks and temporary delays. We hope our customers view this as added benefits shopping with us, to ensure if someone was using their account without their approval, we would not accept the order.

We thank you for your co-operation and understanding with this matter. We look forward to receiving this information shortly so that we may continue to process your order.

Kind regards

Jen | Payment Verification & Monitoring

CD WOW!

For further information about CD WOW!, please visit: www.cdwow.us

Uh??? :dontgetit:

Am I a victim of a fishing scam? :icon_razz: Has anyone else that went with CDWow seen anything like this?

Now I know they just stood up their US website and all, but come on!

I'm thinking I will cancel my order and go with good old GoGamer... That's where I got my Arma1 (505 version) and Queen's Gambit and it was a much smoother purchase experience to say the least...

Am I a victim of a fishing scam? :icon_razz: Has anyone else that went with CDWow seen anything like this?

That is weird. Just make sure the email address you send that info to is actually theirs, you should find it on their website.

Well, I'm not actually going to send them any info... just going to cancel my purchase and then go with trusty GoGamer.

But now things seem to be getting a bit more complicated. CDWow doesn't seem to even have a customer service phone listed... Just a message service.

Hmmmm... Took a quick look over at GoGamer and they don't seem to have a number either. :confused_o:

Oh well, I can't be without ArmA2 after all and I'm not really a digital download kinda guy. Must get my ArmA2 fix asap!!!

edit:

Good, got all that done. Now time to just sit back and relax for another week or so... mighty nice time for that demo to... [fingers-snap] appear.

Aw shucks, too bad it never quite works that way. :biggrin_o:

Edited by MadRussian

anyone know if arma2 is coming to retail of British Columbia, Canada?

thx

arma 1 pwns :yay:

anyone know if arma2 is coming to retail of British Columbia, Canada?

I don't see any reason why not :)

Well, I'm not actually going to send them any info... just going to cancel my purchase and then go with trusty GoGamer.

But now things seem to be getting a bit more complicated. CDWow doesn't seem to even have a customer service phone listed... Just a message service.

Hmmmm... Took a quick look over at GoGamer and they don't seem to have a number either. :confused_o:

Oh well, I can't be without ArmA2 after all and I'm not really a digital download kinda guy. Must get my ArmA2 fix asap!!!

edit:

Good, got all that done. Now time to just sit back and relax for another week or so... mighty nice time for that demo to... [fingers-snap] appear.

Aw shucks, too bad it never quite works that way. :biggrin_o:

I agree, if you've already used a credit card to buy the game from them, why would you then need to send that info in an email, which could be viewed by who knows & is very unsafe. That is really wired.

All I can say is, yea Steam, no BS, just great service.

Has anyone every bought from gogamer? are they based out of the US? i have never heard of them until now. They seem to be reliable but ya never know.

I don't see any reason why not :)

arma1 didn't :(

maybe there should be a gold pack including both arma1/2

Has anyone every bought from gogamer? are they based out of the US? i have never heard of them until now. They seem to be reliable but ya never know.

Yeah, I bought A1 and QG from GoGamer way back when. And my orders went off without a hitch. Not completely sure where they are located, but it's somewhere in CA iirc. One thing I noted though is they don't seem to have a custom service phone number (just a place to write them a message). But anyhow, they worked for me in the past, thus I went with them again for Arma2. :)

GoGamer is really great. Not only do they carry imports, but prices are usually below average. They also have their 48 hour Monday Madness sales that are extremely cheap, so if you can wait another week or two I'm sure ArmA will be on their 48 hour sale (almost all new releases get put on there).