Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

EB Games is listing the publsiher (developer as well) as Got Game Entertainment. Never heard of them. link

No news on their website

At least we have something now.:yay:

EB Games is listing the publsiher (developer as well) as Got Game Entertainment. Never heard of them. link

No news on their website

At least we have something now.:yay:

EB games and gamestop are the same company.

yep im still fascinated how ebgames does'nt even have arma 2 on their list. My mom really doesn't like me touching her credit card after the thing i had with microsoft on xbox live. Oh boy that was hell!, but i guess i can try to convince her if i can preorder it from cdwow.., i just don't understand how come ebgame's would not have it. Has BI still not found a publisher in NZ/Australia?

I just saw them have the preorder boxes for OPFDR not long ago but then a week and a half ago they took down the preorder boxes.

yep im still fascinated how ebgames does'nt even have arma 2 on their list. My mom really doesn't like me touching her credit card after the thing i had with microsoft on xbox live. Oh boy that was hell!, but i guess i can try to convince her if i can preorder it from cdwow.., i just don't understand how come ebgame's would not have it. Has BI still not found a publisher in NZ/Australia?

I just saw them have the preorder boxes for OPFDR not long ago but then a week and a half ago they took down the preorder boxes.

Huh....wha..... They do have it, your not actually reading the thread are you. Check out the link below;

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75135

sorry, my bad, I thought you were seeing the same page I was.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm wondering if there are plans for a Canadian release. I've checked several sites of stores, but none of them had Arma 2 listed. I'm wondering if it will be released over all of North America or only in the United States.

Yes of course, I have many Canadian friends so I want them to get it just as bad is i want it. Cant forget our Canadian brothers :)

Yes of course, I have many Canadian friends so I want them to get it just as bad is i want it. Cant forget our Canadian brothers :)

And mexican brothers?...

Shit Im mexican, and I live in Mexico and I want the game so bad but MEXICO? almost impossible.

Another options? Like a trusted company that sells ArmA 2 online, preferably personal experiences.

Thanks.

And mexican brothers?...

Shit Im mexican, and I live in Mexico and I want the game so bad but MEXICO? almost impossible.

Another options? Like a trusted company that sells ArmA 2 online, preferably personal experiences.

Thanks.

CD WOW! ships to Mexico, you do have to register on the site in English (via U.S. flag), but when you create your account there is an option for Mexico, I think the currency exchange is favorable for you now as well -- about $520 Pesos MXN I think... Doesn't Steam show ArmA II in Mexico?

:)

Edited by Hoak

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm wondering if there are plans for a Canadian release. I've checked several sites of stores, but none of them had Arma 2 listed. I'm wondering if it will be released over all of North America or only in the United States.

I went into an EB Games in Toronto, and they told me that the release date is the 27th of this month. Later, I was speaking with .Jonny, and he asked me who the publisher was. That's a question I have no answer to, so I'm taking the release date with a grain of salt.

Abs

I see you're in Auckland.

You can pre-order it from www.mightyape.co.nz. If you don't have a credit card you can choose to pick it up and pay there. They are based in Albany, North Shore.

There is also an EB Games store somewhere in Auckland city. Don't know where exactly but I've seen it.

When I sent a mail to mightyape.co.nz they said they would import it if they couldn't get it from a distrobuter.

Hopefully we (North American) will be able to buy a traditional (dvd+box) version of the game at the end of june... Comon, I can't believe you did not planned the North American release...

Oh and don't forget about french canadian... Yup, there are millions people speaking french in Canada.

Awesome game, can't wait to buy it in a game shop near me :)

As I understand, there will be a full box version of the game available at Eb Games in North America, good news :)

Edited by Skodz

I see you're in Auckland.

You can pre-order it from www.mightyape.co.nz. If you don't have a credit card you can choose to pick it up and pay there. They are based in Albany, North Shore.

There is also an EB Games store somewhere in Auckland city. Don't know where exactly but I've seen it.

When I sent a mail to mightyape.co.nz they said they would import it if they couldn't get it from a distrobuter.

well im going to get a debit card or something and order it from www.cdwow.co.nz its at least $39 cheaper and delivery is free, so all i need to do is wait an extra week.

Hopefully we (North American) will be able to buy a traditional (dvd+box) version of the game at the end of june... Comon, I can't believe you did not planned the North American release...

My order from CDWOW, should be here (UPS shipment) between June 26th-29th. Just in time for vaca 7/5.;)

CD WOW! ships to Mexico, you do have to register on the site in English (via U.S. flag), but when you create your account there is an option for Mexico, I think the currency exchange is favorable for you now as well -- about $520 Pesos MXN I think... Doesn't Steam show ArmA II in Mexico?

Hoak, Thanks for your answer. I want the physical cd, so I think I'm going to buy from CD WOW!

Any personal experiences? Shipping time?

My order from CDWOW, should be here (UPS shipment) between June 26th-29th. Just in time for vaca 7/5.;)

Did you get a shipping confirmation from them already or just going by the 7-10 day mark? I wonder if they'll start shipping them a little early to hit the June 19th mark in the UK or if it will actually ship on the 19th. If it does ship a little early so the UK folks can get it on the 19th then that means the US crowd should be getting their copies only a few days or so after that.

Any personal experiences? Shipping time?

No personal experience, but there are comments on sites like Reseller Ratings and the CD WOW on-site Customer posts; it looks like most people in the Americas see their orders in two to three weeks tops.

My bet is the difference in shipping times has more to do with supply and demand then actual transit time which is probably just a week -- a lot of the orders were for limited run 'specialty' CD's and DVD's only released in one market... As ArmA II will be newly minted I expect they'll gear up to meet demand and orders would be filled pretty fast; but that's only a guess.

For those doing the 'pants-dance' of impatient waiting for ArmA II; America's Army 3 will release Wednesday next week, so there'll be something to tide you over and help ya cool your heels while ya wait for the best.

Note: Topic post updated with links to all currently known resellers of ArmA II for North America. ArmA II has yet to appear on the eTail levithan Amazon (U.S.); when it does you can anticipate many small resellers offering it as well -- noblesse oblige though as many of these small resllers are fly-by-night that don't actually stock an inventory...

Edited by Hoak

And mexican brothers?...

Thanks.

You'll be able to get it from Sprocket to Mexico via credit card/pay pal :)

When is Sprocket going to announce and have a price Placebo?

:confused:

I was just asking them that myself, not quite yet unfortunately :(

Did you get a shipping confirmation from them already or just going by the 7-10 day mark? I wonder if they'll start shipping them a little early to hit the June 19th mark in the UK or if it will actually ship on the 19th. If it does ship a little early so the UK folks can get it on the 19th then that means the US crowd should be getting their copies only a few days or so after that.

This is all I have until the 19th, this is from the confirmation email.

Even if it takes weeks longer than noted......it's still way better than waiting and having to constantly check local retailers.

A separate email notification will be sent to advise of the dispatch of each individual item. From receipt of each email notification, please allow the following delivery period for each item to arrive:

UK: 5 to 7 days (Royal Mail First Class Post)

US: 5 to 10 days (USPS)

Rest of the World: 7 to 10 days (Priority World Post)

NOTE: Items shipped on the same day may not necessarily arrive on the same day. Please do allow the FULL delivery period as above.

Kind regards,

CD WOW! Customer Service

Can we download from sprocket even if we are in America? and if we can are you allowed to download it multiple times? i cancel my order from steam so i can get a boxed copy on June 30th from EB, but if i can download it from sprocket i will.

Edited by ilovebeer