Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

I can't tell you how frustrating this could get for people who simply want a hard copy of the game...not one bought online from a semi-reliable source. It may well be another month before the US publisher gets its act together and brings this game to US retail stores. I hope that won't be the case.

i rather have a hardcopy on my table than a digital download , sorry but if i pay for it i prefer to see it in front of my eyes and in my hands :)

This thread should be closed and we can all continue discussion in the ArmA2: The All New OFFICIAL "where to buy?" Thread or in our case "How long must we wait for a DVD hardcopy within the United States or Canada.

CDWOW has it in stock as of an hour ago and mine is own it's way here :bounce3:

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

I had my game pre-ordered for a while now and it was suppose to ship on the 7th but now the release has been postponed till the 20th. Whats the deal why do I have to wait while Steam users get to enjoy it now.:(

Because Got Game Entertainment is a crappy publisher who doesn't even answer emails.

I had it reserved, went to go check on it and it was no longer on Gamestop's system.

Got Game cancelled the Hard Copy. Steam download only.

So I got it from steam.

This happened to me the last time I ordered a boxed game that Steam was distributing electronically; it never shipped on its promised release date. As Steam gets better and becomes the standard for digital distribution of games, simultaneous physical publishing deals appear to be becoming more and more marginal. I bet they just cut their losses and refuse to press the DVDs unless demand reaches a certain level.

This happened to me the last time I ordered a boxed game that Steam was distributing electronically; it never shipped on its promised release date. As Steam gets better and becomes the standard for digital distribution of games, simultaneous physical publishing deals appear to be becoming more and more marginal. I bet they just cut their losses and refuse to press the DVDs unless demand reaches a certain level.

So far I'm happy with steam.

I really like the automatic updates. One thing I also like about xbox live.

Game is great just need to fix a few things and add the SLI support and I'll be a very happy camper!!

Don't get me wrong I love Steam, Empire:TW and L4D was bought this way. There is something about having a boxed copy of this game that makes it special. I loved Operation Flashpoint but I didn't keep up with BI after they released it. I didn't know that ArmA was by those boys. I never put 2 and 2 together. But if they don't want to make a game disk then who am I to complain. But I think I'm gonna hold off buying it on steam then.

Got Game cancelled the Hard Copy.

Where did you hear this? It's still listed on their site.

Yup. Got pushed back. Went to nearest Gamestop to learn that.

I prefer to have hard copies myself, so I'll wait..........or crack and get it via Steam...

Ah I love this total confusion - makes me glad I keep giving preorder-hard copies a last chance. Just hope it comes out the 7th and not the 21st.

EDIT: Wait, what? Seriously? Glad it's still on preorder than, easy to cancel. I don't want to risk finding out this game's patching process is screwed over (like the last 3 games I bought) and being run down $50.

Edited by Windexglow

I assume the dd will be in english correct? Probably a stupid question but i saw someone posted a thread about converting the german to english.

Thanks

I had it reserved, went to go check on it and it was no longer on Gamestop's system.

So I got it from steam.

With that said, is it really true that if you download it digitally and burn it to DVD , how true is it that you only get to install the game like 5 times? I mean, fack, what if we have crappy systems and have to keep reinstalling to get the game to work correctly?

Absolutely untrue--preorders were merely cancelled by Gamestop, most likely because of problems getting a contract and even more likely because of the horrible publisher, Got Game Entertainment.

With that said, is it really true that if you download it digitally and burn it to DVD , how true is it that you only get to install the game like 5 times? I mean, fack, what if we have crappy systems and have to keep reinstalling to get the game to work correctly?

Another awful thing about Steam. Add that to the nightmare of patching and modding the Steam version, as well as the fact that you never know when the application will choose to be stable. There is no way I'll download it.

I bought from direct2drive.com and have had no problems with them, they are a great company to deal with. Download it and burn it or you can just delete and download it when ever you want. I like them better then steam, I don't like having to commit to having the steam program on my computer and the files all directly handled by them.

Yup. Got pushed back. Went to nearest Gamestop to learn that.

I prefer to have hard copies myself, so I'll wait..........or crack and get it via Steam...

With you there bub. I might try ArmA gold while I wait.

Aside from Steam, there are several d/l ports available for the game. Direct2Drive, Nexway, etc.

I've never been a big fan of Steam but there are other options. The fact that Got Game was contracted for box distribution so late led me to purchase via the d/l route (Nexway).

I've got three installs and that should last me ages. If I need more, I'll buy the box in a few years (it'll be cheaper then).

But being able to play since June 19th.......priceless.

You guys heard of Idea Games? My friend bought the game local, and it has the US ESRB rating on the cover, but it doesn't show the publisher on the box, onlythe BIS and Gamespy logos. However, on the back of the manual, it says Idea Games, and the manual layout is complete different from the UK/European version I bought.

Idea Games is associated with BIS, it was founded by some BIS employees I think.

The U.S. retail box has to be out there somewhere since a couple days ago it was leaked to torrent sites.

Well I canceled my pre-purchase for ArmA 2 and bought ArmA Gold. I figure It will give them a chance to get some kinks in their supply chain worked out.

If you live in the USA and want a boxed copy, like I do, you can order it from cdWow. My boxed copy is being shipped as I type this, and should arrive sometime next week. Did I mention only $40 USD and free shipping! :yay: Here is the link: http://www.cdwow.us/games/Windows/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/product/view/9017405

But what version is this? If it's US then I'm buying now. If its German or any other then, I'm not sure if I want to be stuck trying to get a language patch or such for it, unless there's one already available for it.

notice I edited this

Ok, I found out it will be 505 , which is what I have of ArmA1 , no problems there. Is there a language patch for this or is it in English at all? What would be the difference with US version, Got Game?

Edited by Chammy