Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

Can't wait for June 19th then. I'm glad we have a chance of downloading the EU version and not having to wait for at least a NA announcement.

Europe ftw! I wish I stayed there, lol.

Uhm, you should really start a seperate thread about this (before Placibo makes you), it has nothing to do with the topic here -- others that are not modders will appreciate it! The 6th Sense/Sickboy mod was not a hosted addon, it did work on all servers, and it translated everything...

In other news more relevent to this thread *cough*uncough*:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

It worked on all servers before all the counter measures. Anyways Im not going to start a thread before I even recieve the game. I beleive you started the talk about language issues and I just replied with my 2 cents. I never said

6th Sense/Sickboy mod was a hosted addon. I was saying that what im going to do to my game cannot be hosted as an addon nore could it help anyone else out UNLESS someone can write a program much like Sickboy did before. Im not a coder so I would have no help in doing so.

On Topic: It looks like BIS is using the same plan as ArmA1. Germany first then the rest of Europe and then NorthAmerica. I cant remember exactly how long it took for North America to get the ArmA1 but I bet It will be end June to July.

It worked on all servers before all the counter measures. Anyways Im not going to start a thread before I even recieve the game. I beleive you started the talk about language issues and I just replied with my 2 cents. I never said

6th Sense/Sickboy mod was a hosted addon. I was saying that what im going to do to my game cannot be hosted as an addon nore could it help anyone else out UNLESS someone can write a program much like Sickboy did before. Im not a coder so I would have no help in doing so.

On Topic: It looks like BIS is using the same plan as ArmA1. Germany first then the rest of Europe and then NorthAmerica. I cant remember exactly how long it took for North America to get the ArmA1 but I bet It will be end June to July.

Think again... It took more than 3 months after it was released in europe. I really hope they dont go the same route. I agree with there being an international version and international release. I dont want to buy it off some euro website.... I was a disc copy of this game.

Good news about Sprocket. Will it be ok for us here in America to download from there? Or should we wait for the NA version... I wonder if the NA version will be any different.

With ArmA and Sprocket...I recieved the Czech vs in Dec 06".

This time around, it should be the UK vs.

I hope:o

Edited by SWAT_BigBear
date recieved

Think again... It took more than 3 months after it was released in europe. I really hope they dont go the same route. I agree with there being an international version and international release. I dont want to buy it off some euro website.... I was a disc copy of this game.

Try six months. Here's my confirmation email from the german purchase.

Buy Armed Assaultâ€

Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk

Sent: Fri 12/01/06 12:39 PM

To: evilnate's email addy

Hello,

Congratulations and thank you for your digital purchase of Armed Assault.

You now have a unique personal licence linked to the purchase of this game.

Please keep this email carefully as it contains information that you may require for the download and installation of your game.

Atari press release...

RSS

COPYRIGHT 2007 PR Newswire Association LLC

- New Realistic Military Combat Simulation Game Set to Ship May 1 in North America -

NEW YORK, April 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atari, Inc. , one of the world's most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, today announced that ArmA: Combat Operations has gone gold and is on schedule to ship to stores nationwide on May 1. Developed by Bohemia Interactive, ArmA: Combat Operations is a military combat simulation game and will be available for the Windows platform for the suggested retail price of $39.95. The game is currently available in Europe under the name ArmA: Armed Assault.

In ArmA: Combat Operations, players will engage in a story-driven single-...

COPYRIGHT 2007 PR Newswire Association LLC

Unfortunately ArmA II has only been steup with Steam for access to people in the U.K. at this time, it's not a global Steam release -- that may change when they announce when/where folks in North American will be able to get it, but in the mean time it's a no-go...

:(

Yeah, as much as I'd like to; I'm not buying the Morphicon, then 505, and then US release again.

Same here, I honestly never had any issues with the German DLs of either ARMA or QG, I just want a disk, an english version out of the box and have it already patched.

Same here, I honestly never had any issues with the German DLs of either ARMA or QG, I just want a disk, an english version out of the box and have it already patched.

Yeah, I didn't have any problems with those versions either. I'm the same as you, I want a disc in case I need to make some temporary space on my drive.

Unfortunately ArmA II has only been steup with Steam for access to people in the U.K. at this time, it's not a global Steam release -- that may change when they announce when/where folks in North American will be able to get it, but in the mean time it's a no-go...

:(

I just checked steam from the UK and there is no sign of ARMA2 unfortunately :butbut: YET!

Edited by craig3000

Yeah, as much as I'd like to; I'm not buying the Morphicon, then 505, and then US release again.

LOL! That's exactly what I did with ArmA, and exactly my sentiment...

:)

Originally Posted by Placebo, Ãœber Verwalter, Lord Of The BI Forums Says: View Post

There should be an announcement on NA soon, waiting for some i's to be dotted and t's crossed but I believe it's pretty much sorted.

Whoo - Hooo!!! Yes, finally something to chear about, let's hope that don't wait to long with the announcement, great work fellows on keeping the community uptodate with info..

lets hope the announcement will be a date not too far off from the UK release :D

Yeah, only in the game industry can you have announcements, that are just announcements about a forthcoming announcement: "On JUNE 12th we'll be announcing when we'll be making our next announcement; GET EXCITED!"...

:o

Well Placebo did have this to say today in response to similar expressed concens in another thread...

Windows will get "steam"y.........

And it's not just because I bought a humidifier, although I did and it's uber cool :)

I'll take that as another good sign! Hope we can get notice soon/early so we can preload and beat the rush -- preload water in our humidifiers I mean...

:yay::yay::yay:

given the direct quote from Maruk:

"in the same time we are also finalizing an updated version of the game that should be the version to be released later next month in other territories (including North America, the official announcements coming soon)"

I'm guessing it means we will get it next time like everyone else??

Maybe, lets wait for the official announcement.

So given something options like Steam, the 505 edition from CD WOW!, and the possibility of some new Publisher for our market with timing and price differences -- where do your preferences fall:

· get it ASAP regardless of source or price

· love Steam, will wait for that

· want a CD from a reseller I know & trust

· what/who ever has the lowest price

For now I'm conflicted between getting it from CD WOW! and Steam -- if I can get it faster on Steam for close to the same price I'll run with that.

I'm also curious how far BI intends to go as far as SteamWorks feature implementation...

:)

I for one have an extreme dislike for digital distibution, I know many other people like it but it's just not my cup of tea.

So I will wait for a hardcopy regardless of it's region of origin.

For now, I would just settle for solid news on the US publisher/release, regardless of how that comes about.

After that, I would prefer a per-order download option. Personally, I don't need a disk, I don't use them anyway as I use image software to mount on virtual drives, saves putting the disk in ever time you want to play & saves the disk from damage, so I just by pass all that with the download version. Also saves the company who sells the game this way as they don't need thousands of hard copies, just the product keys.

As for Steam, that would be great, I've bought several games off it, had no problems. I don't personally use Steam while playing, I just use them to buy some of my games through. I don't use it for updates ether, I always use the official site. But it really doesn't matter "who" to me, just let us know already!!

Edited by TCEd

Does arma 2 only come out on steam?

I really would be disappointed if it was on Steam only, i never support it and never like it. I want to be able to install and play the game like i did with ArmA..

NA announcement is expected soon along with some other information. I want to say I'm sure there'll be a hardcopy distributed in NA, but like i said, till there's official word I do not know. We'll just have to sit tight the next few days and find out.