Sign in to follow this  
hoak

North America Release / Publisher

Well I would by from the down under guys, it's just I can't speak the language :D

Well I would by from the down under guys, it's just I can't speak the language :D

Well, at $38 U.S. including shipping I don't think it's going to get much better -- as to the speed of delivery my experience has been that it gets here from Oz as fast as it does from California or Texas, just a little rougher for wear...

:o

As CD Wow is selling the 505 version that means it will be in English and Auslander, rooooight?!

:D

y Von_Paulus, have you personally ordered from CD Wow before? I'm just curious what kind of experience you had, if you had?

Like I've told, yes I've ordered some DVD movies before and had no problems. They sent me the items from Hong Kong and arrived around 2 weeks later. I usually buy DVD movies from several online shops. cdwow.com have good promotions sometimes. So from my personal experience I'll give you a positive feedback. But I've heard that some people are not so pleased as I am, it seems they didn't receive what they ordered. But they are very few. Most give a positive feedback.

Like I've told, yes I've ordered some DVD movies before and had no problems. They sent me the items from Hong Kong and arrived around 2 weeks later. I usually buy DVD movies from several online shops. cdwow.com have good promotions sometimes. So from my personal experience I'll give you a positive feedback. But I've heard that some people are not so pleased as I am, it seems they didn't receive what they ordered. But they are very few. Most give a positive feedback.

Hey thanks Von_Paulus! I misunderstood your other post... The feedback I see on CD Wow in general is positive, and pretty much what one would expect from a large reseller. Having the personal account of someone here on the forums, unmitigated by venue pretty much settles it favorably.

:)

See all this would sound nice, till you mentioned that the dvd's came out of Hong Kong. I can't help but think some of their merchandise may be bootleg.

See all this would sound nice, till you mentioned that the dvd's came out of Hong Kong. I can't help but think some of their merchandise may be bootleg.

I'm just telling my personal experience. I understand your concerns. But in this case have no fears.

The two items I ordered "The Apocalypse Now - The Complete Dossier" and the Criterion version "For all Mankind" were perfect. Besides I talk with a lot of people who have a passion for original DVD movies and none had such a problem with cdwow.

Well, at $38 U.S. including shipping I don't think it's going to get much better -- as to the speed of delivery my experience has been that it gets here from Oz as fast as it does from California or Texas, just a little rougher for wear...

:D

So wheres the address to the Aus site again??? If that is a solid deal for that price then sign me up...

So wheres the address to the Aus site again??? If that is a solid deal for that price then sign me up...

Right Here... I've already made an account with 'em and am all set to go, I've just been on the fence wating for something better to drop in the following weeks, but as we get closer, I recon that will fold into shipping time...so...

I look into my account details:

9 Feb 2008 Movie Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier (2 Disc Set) 18 Feb 2008 Dispatched

18 Jan 2008 Movie The Criterion Collection: For All Mankind 23 Jan 2008 Dispatched

So it seems they took 5 to 9 days between the order date and dispatch time. As far as I remember it took 2 weeks too arrive in Portugal and passing through the postal custom. I guess with ARMA II will be the other way around. They will import from Europe and then send to US. How the customs work in the US? Do you have to pay special taxes like us in Europe?

Right Here... I've already made an account with 'em and am all set to go, I've just been on the fence wating for something better to drop in the following weeks, but as we get closer, I recon that will fold into shipping time...so...

It's a wise decision. Because unlike amazon, as far as I can remember, they charge immediately your credit card. So for cancellation is always more difficult.

Yea, I got the link lock & loaded just in case, but will hold on a few more days, I'm really looking & hope that a download option will be released, but this fall back plan gives me some sense of peace ether way.

You know what is kind of ironic? The game is focused on the United States Marine Corps. Yet they are having issues getting copies sold in America lol.

You know what is kind of ironic? The game is focused on the United States Marine Corps. Yet they are having issues getting copies sold in America lol.

That may be less ironic then you imagine...

:(

Edited by Hoak

Gamespy has moved release from Dec 09', to Sept 09' (505 publisher)

IGN shows Q3 09' (505 again)

Atleast it's not a 7-8 month wait as Armed Assualt was.

Be careful Jblack, it's been posted that BI has said that the German release will not be patchable to English like ArmA was... On the other hand if enough people buy it (keeping in mind the release dates aren't as separated as ArmA's were so that may not happen) some motivated soul might take on the chore eventually. I'm not trying to discourage you, just help you avoid what could be an uninformed and frustrating personal enrichment experience...

Thanks Von, but If i remember the quote correctly. They said it won't ship with the English language switch. Meaning somebody can make a patch and edit it like with the Czech version which occurred quite quickly.

So can anyone confirm that we can dled from Morphicon?

Edited by Placebo

Thanks Von, but If i remember the quote correctly. They said it won't ship with the English language switch. Meaning somebody can make a patch and edit it like with the Czech version which occurred quite quickly.

If you're speaking of the original Czech version of ArmA, 'quite quickly' is a relative: there were an enormous number of people that purchased that release (because of the announced wait for other markets), and the 6th Sense English patch wasn't something quickly slapped together -- it was the effort of a team 6th Sense (though Sickboy did the lion's share of the work and was at it steady for months), and it went through a dozen or so iterations that weren't without issue (take a look at the patch notes from one of the releases.

Sickboy and 6th Sense did a fantastic job, but a lot of time and effort was involved, he and team had hundreds of Fans cheering them on and helping, and there were a lot of us playing on the Czech and German versions with his patch (I know I was among them) so issues went under the microscope of everyone's scrutiny and got fixed quickly.

If Sickboy volenteered his efforts again for ArmA II, I'd give more reassurance as he saw things through to the finish, and supported the Czech and German versions of ArmA for a long time, each new feature and fix patch BI released required a new English patch from him and they weren't ready instantly. In the end I and many like me ended up buying the 505 version of the game anyway.

Just saying, and trying to be helpful...

:o

Edited by Hoak

As stated a few days back, I sent GamersGate an email asking if they would be offering ARMA2 for download, this site has been very reliable over the last two years for up to date download versions of Arma1, here is the email I sent and their response;

> I'm seeking information for my Tournament Community, we have been

> building an Armed Assault Tournament for about a year now, we've sent

> several of our newest members to your site to buy/download Armed Assault.

>

> As you may know ARMA2 will be releasing next month & I was wondering

> if your site will offer that game as a buy/download.

>

> Thank you for your response,

> Ed - Tournament Adminsitrator

Well, we were contacting them about the game, but unfortunately, still

no projections if we will be having it soon. Keep an eye out, and maybe

send us an email in 1/2 weeks - we may have an answer then.

Best Regards

Ashot P.G.

Customer Support

www.gamersgate.com

So it would appear that the hold up is not on the end of the eTailer, but on the front side with who ever that may be.

This makes me incredibly upset, how could you ignore such a huge share of the market?

I was ready to buy this day 1, but I guess I'll be importing the english UK version.

As stated a few days back, I sent GamersGate an email asking if they would be offering ARMA2 for download...

Hey TCEd, what kind of DRM/Activation scheme did GamersGate have on their distribution?

So it would appear that the hold up is not on the end of the eTailer, but on the front side with who ever that may be.

Yes indeed, and there have been similar clues elsewhere that have inspired some of my remarks elsewhere in the thread regarding BI's awkward, stubborn, or uninformed (who can guess which) approach to publishing and marketing in North America...

:(

This makes me incredibly upset, how could you ignore such a huge share of the market?

I was ready to buy this day 1, but I guess I'll be importing the english UK version.

Yes it is ridiculous, one has to wonder if someone in the decision chain is so poorly informed that they actually imagine more revenue will be generated this way...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hoak

Bah, if they don't release Arma2 in N-A, I'll get it via other "means". If they don't want my money, it's their loss. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to find my German dictionary.

Hey TCEd, what kind of DRM/Activation scheme did GamersGate have on their distribution?

I bought mine off steam, but just asked a few of our guys & one stated the activation code was on their Account page at GamersGate.com, another said be believes he received an email ether with the code or a link to the code.

Most likely, as with other type of download items, they email you the info with a link to the code on their site.

Ether way, none of them have reported any problems in over a year of sending folks to their site to get a copy of the game. They also only offered the base game, while Steam & a few others, would only sell the package with Queens Gambit included, which made the price a bit higher. GamersGate sold the stand alone Arma1 right at $20.oo

Edited by TCEd

I bought it from amazon.de I just used google to translate the page. Anyways its due to arrive between june 8 - june 13. I plan to switch english/german localization stringtables after I recieve it but only if cpbo will still work. The only problem this may have is that the servers will see that I have modified all my pbo's and it may cause a problem joining... but im not sure yet. Anyways once its released in USA I will try to get another if this is a problem

Binkey, you might want to start a thread on that as I don't think as many will be leaping for the Czech and German releases this time around -- and I'd bet you'll find it a lot more work then you imagine, but will find many appreciative Early Adopters if you manage...

Yes it is ridiculous, one has to wonder if someone in the decision chain is so poorly informed that they actually imagine more revenue will be generated this way...

:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if BI will comment on this, because if they don't have a true release here in the US, I'm probably not going to be able to convince my normal group of internet and Real World buddies to go out and actually buy the game. I was talking with some of my Arma coop regulars today and they all basically said "Welp, we'll just pirate it then." and I just turned my nose up to that, I wanna support BI, but they sure are making it difficult.