Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Strewth fellas I didn't actually give you an answer yet ;)

I think you're just being kind as I'm at Fraser Island in my avatar ;)

Thank you, that would be great... its worse than been played by a woman :)

...um, at the risk of sounding like the noob I am, what is the "505 release"?

http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/Windows/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/product/view/9017405

Today!!

$45.86 Free Delivery

Was: $50.95. You save: $5.09 (10%)

You get free delivery, and its at least 40-45% off retail price anyway, and it should arrive about 7-10 days after 19th of june, so hopefully 26-30th you will recieve it. I just preordered mine from the cdwow.co.nz site and i will be waiting.

Fuckin good find man...crazy deal, I'm gunna have to go through this site I think, cheers.

Is this the 505 version people are talking about?

Fuckin good find man...crazy deal, I'm gunna have to go through this site I think, cheers.

Is this the 505 version people are talking about?

Yeah mate, they will be selling the 505 version.

August... thats ages away =(.

just order it from cdwow.com.au mate... itll arrive a week after 19th June Release

Yeah mate, they will be selling the 505 version.

CDWOW will ship the 'UK' 505 version (not the AUS/NZ)... makes no difference really :)

Hi everyone,

I live in the country South Africa and although it's a small country we have a very active ArmA/OPF community and devoted fanbase (look here: http://www.armedassault.info/_hosted/bushwars/index.html). At this point in time and as far as I'm aware there is only one (online) distribution company that is going to import this game into South Africa (Take2) but they will be importing it from a reseller in the UK, essentially making the game much too expensive for your average earning gamer (Too many middlemen and poor Rand vs Pound exchange rates) and which also means the game will never be on display in any stores as it will only be sold online.

Apart from Steam distribution, I am really hoping that BI Studio's or one of their distributors can make arrangements with one of our local distribution companies to officially import this game to be sold in our stores. It is the only way Arma II will get the exposure it deserves. Can anyone from BI perhaps just give some feedback on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

just order it from cdwow.com.au mate... itll arrive a week after 19th June Release

I would give it 2 weeks, that 7-10 days is business days (mon-fri) which is 9-14 real days.

I would give it 2 weeks, that 7-10 days is business days (mon-fri) which is 9-14 real days.

not really,shipping does'nt have business days only,so it should take 7-10 days as stated..

I would imagine there's no directly distributed version of ArmA2, but I'm sure there will be online retailers who will ship to SA http://www.cdwow.com/games/Windows/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/product/view/9017405 they list South Africa and also offer free shipping, also http://www.bangcd.com do free shipping and list South Africa, just waiting for them to show ArmA2 as something they carry (an Email or two wouldn't hurt!)

Besides those you'd be able to buy it from Sprocket at the end of June using credit card/Paypal.

Thanks for your response Placebo, I will take a look at those companies you mentioned.

Usually I won't buy something directly from overseas distributors as our customs/ airport officials can easily grab hold of specific items and then release it whenever they feel like it, which sometimes means never. Those risks together with import taxes pushes the price of imported items up too high. That is the reason we have local distributors, they get paid for going through the trouble of getting the stuff here and safely into the hands of store owners. They often negotiate with the main publishers to get a price suited for the particular country, which is why you can often get games at less than what the exchange rates indicates. Anyways, that is my current understanding how the system works and I could be wrong of course.

I want to download it - also in SA.

Unfortunatley South Africa is forgotten most of the time :(

I'm actually getting a bit worried now aswell, as with ArmA, some shops had the 505 release same week as the rest of 505 territories. But now I can't see it on any websites.

I wouldn't worry too much though as it will get properly distributed in shops here but prob just take longer this time round, kinda like QG which took suprisingly long, (around 2 months).

And before you get from overseas places or download with our expensive bandwidth. You might wanna just check with BTgames, as they are normally quite good getting on release and finding ways to get games imported and after they do that even places like 'Incredible Rip Off' will start to get it, Got Arma from them as BT was sold out for a whole month.

I wouldn't worry too much though as it will get properly distributed in shops here but prob just take longer this time round, kinda like QG which took suprisingly long, (around 2 months).

Hehe, if I have to wait that long one of two things are going to happen:

A) I'm going to slice my wrists because I won't be able to handle the suspense any longer.

B) I'll waste all of my internet cap on watching ArmA II videos all day long and that means I might as well just download it from Steam in the first place.

And before you get from overseas places or download with our expensive bandwidth. You might wanna just check with BTgames, as they are normally quite good getting on release and finding ways to get games imported and after they do that even places like 'Incredible Rip Off' will start to get it, Got Arma from them as BT was sold out for a whole month.

I think you are right, BT Games might just be the guys to talk to. Incredible Corruption only seem to be selling XBox360 games these days anyway, sometimes you find the odd PC game stashed away in some remote corner of the shop where no one ever goes. So I definitely wouldn't rely on them.

Any news on dispatches from people who order from GAME or ZAVVI? I still got nothing from Zavvi.

With ArmA, South Africa got it about 2 weeks after Europe, it was the 505 Games version. One of the distributors there (Megarom I think) distributed it for them.

I know because I lived there at the time and bought ArmA on release day :D

Just go for the steam version if you can. Steam allows you to choose where you want to download from these days so you can keep your dl limit by choosing an unmetered place to dl from. Allows us to keep the pittance of a dl limit that we're stuck with and we can pick it up on the 20th. :)

I haven't shopped with CD-Wow before, but decided to give it a try - their delivery date and especially pricing twisted my arm ;)

Just go for the steam version if you can. Steam allows you to choose where you want to download from these days so you can keep your dl limit by choosing an unmetered place to dl from. Allows us to keep the pittance of a dl limit that we're stuck with and we can pick it up on the 20th. :)

Do you know if you can use beta versions and other things that BIS decide to release, or are you forced to use the version Steam provides? From what I was aware, if you modified game files Steam just redownloads them, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can anyone with ArmA1 on steam confirm?