Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

I'm actually getting a bit worried now aswell, as with ArmA, some shops had the 505 release same week as the rest of 505 territories. But now I can't see it on any websites.

I wouldn't worry too much though as it will get properly distributed in shops here but prob just take longer this time round, kinda like QG which took suprisingly long, (around 2 months).

And before you get from overseas places or download with our expensive bandwidth. You might wanna just check with BTgames, as they are normally quite good getting on release and finding ways to get games imported and after they do that even places like 'Incredible Rip Off' will start to get it, Got Arma from them as BT was sold out for a whole month.

ROFL BTGAMES didnt even have the decency to reply to my E mail 2 weeks ago but SPROCKET did.

Screw South Africa and their ridiculous customer service.

I will gladly pay for the international bandwidth instead of giving my money to these companies that dont know how to treat customers.

Best thing about STEAM:

You don't have to worry about losing your DVD/CD - just download it to your pc many times as needed.

Bad thing about STEAM:

You need broadband internet to download the huge files.

Yeah, my Steam folder is huge already (+/- 60GB), soon I'm going to have to get a dedicated HDD for Steam :)

ROFL BTGAMES didnt even have the decency to reply to my E mail 2 weeks ago but SPROCKET did.

Screw South Africa and their ridiculous customer service.

I will gladly pay for the international bandwidth instead of giving my money to these companies that dont know how to treat customers.

If that is the case then I guess we don't have much choice but to go for the Steam version.

You don't have to worry about losing your DVD/CD - just download it to your pc many times as needed.

Alternatively, just download it once and create a backup, which you can then burn to DVD. Steam also creates a handy little executable that allows you to easily re-install the game. :)

After i saw the thread below, i decided to make this one since i'm not really sure if ArmA II will come to stores in Iceland. I've called the stores a few times but noone that works in a game store in Iceland seems to know anything about games at all. So here's my question, will ArmA II be available in stores in Iceland or will i have to buy from the UK?

June 26th, 505 box versions in Aussie stores.

Confirmed.

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Do you know if you can use beta versions and other things that BIS decide to release, or are you forced to use the version Steam provides? From what I was aware, if you modified game files Steam just redownloads them, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can anyone with ArmA1 on steam confirm?

Pretty sure that's asked and answered in the existing Steam thread, if not feel free to ask it there, but not in here please :)

I was just told South Africa will be getting the 505 boxed version June 26th :)

I was just told South Africa will be getting the 505 boxed version June 26th :)

That is excellent news Placebo! Thanks for the update. :D

Ok it's getting out of hand with all these separate threads saying when will it be released, etc. so I've merged them together now.

Here's the full 505 territories list:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand. Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino and The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Israel, Middle- East, Romania, Bulgaria and Japan, South Korea

Of those, the release dates we have confirmed so far are:

EU - June 19th

Australia/New Zealand - June 26th

South Africa - June 26th

Israel/Middle East - June 26th

Japan - June 26th

Until we hear otherwise the rest are June 19th, some of the smaller EU countries may get slight delays due to logistics but there's no certainties either way.

Nice thread.....finally. perhaps sticky it so it doesn't get on Page 2, then they'll start all the questions again. :/

[...]The Vatican City[...]

Do they really need it there ? :rolleyes:

Do they really need it there ? :rolleyes:

Sure thing, the Swiss Guard also need something to play with :D

Awesome, thanks for clearing it up for us Placebo.

Jesus, 26th for the Middle-East. Good thing I got it on pre-order from Amazon. :butbut:

Awesome, thanks for clearing it up for us Placebo.

Jesus, 26th for the Middle-East. Good thing I got it on pre-order from Amazon. :butbut:

That's not 100% confirmed, that's my guesstimation based on location, I just assumed if Australia/South Africa are 26th then in all likelihood Japan, Middle East, Israel will also be 26th :)

EB Games, Spaceworld etc are shops that get in most new titles in Norway, none of them have info listed in their com`s, this is excatly the same as when Arma 1 came out. It`s becouse 505 isnt as big as say CM, EA etc that it dosent get a "big" release, i guess this applies for many contries. I know a manager in a Spaceworld shop, he will get back to today if their getting it in hardbox. I still ordered it online to be sure to have it as early as i can.

EB Games here in sweden didnt know what the hell i was talking about. ARMA2? HUH? WHATS THAT? ...ummm just the best frikkin game in the world dude... :)

They checked their lists and it was not on it. And i asked if it would come later on, but he said "if its not on the list now and the release is 19th then we probably not will sell it". I really hope that clown was wrong. Also another shop here in sweden that is pretty big didnt know either, but after i explained what kind of game it is and all the features etc they got very interested and was going to sell it most likely. Webhallen.com will sell it so thats good, but i think the bigger chains havent done their homework regarding what i found out asking them.

Alex

Some places only know the game as "Armed Assault 2". When I pre-ordered at Gamestop they didn't know what "Arma2" was either. :)

I guess singapore would be on 26th also right? Last time it was ATARI.sg

Yeah I'd guess so, can't believe I forgot to mention Singapore after 15 wonderful months living there!

72;1310804']EB Games here in sweden didnt know what the hell i was talking about. ARMA2? HUH? WHATS THAT? ...ummm just the best frikkin game in the world dude... :)

They checked their lists and it was not on it. And i asked if it would come later on' date=' but he said "if its not on the list now and the release is 19th then we probably not will sell it". I really hope that clown was wrong. Also another shop here in sweden that is pretty big didnt know either, but after i explained what kind of game it is and all the features etc they got very interested and was going to sell it most likely. Webhallen.com will sell it so thats good, but i think the bigger chains havent done their homework regarding what i found out asking them.

Alex[/quote']

TBH I'd never pay local prices for games when I can get free delivery at much less from other EU places, only game I paid local retail prices for was Fifa09 and that's only because I got fed up waiting for my complimentary copy to show up ;)

Some places only know the game as "Armed Assault 2". When I pre-ordered at Gamestop they didn't know what "Arma2" was either. :)

Yep your absolutelly correct - so i told them every combination possible for ARMA. ;) Nothing came up on their list. I have a lot to say about this company but it all boils down to selling the most profitable games wich firstly means console games and then the most selling pc games.

Hopefully ARMA2 will sell a lot and they have to put it on their list. And when that happens i will go there saying "told you so biatch!". :)

Alex

There are some rumors that it will not be 19th here in the Netherlands. Some shops tell it will be available around the 30th june or 2nd july. Someone who works at a videogame store said that the game would not come before 30th june. Another shop said it had to be ordered from outside the country and could take longer than usual.

Any confirmation on logistical issues or other things that could cause such delay?

Might consider to get the petergames version after all..:rolleyes:

There are some rumors that it will not be 19th here in the Netherlands. Some shops tell it will be available around the 30th june or 2nd july. Someone who works at a videogame store said that the game would not come before 30th june. Another shop said it had to be ordered from outside the country and could take longer than usual.

Any confirmation on logistical issues or other things that could cause such delay?

Might consider to get the petergames version after all..:rolleyes:

Ive tried several times to get the Petergames DL, but get the message: "bexahlung abgebrochen" :/

Anyone got any input why this happens?

Just bought two copies off cdwow.co.nz release date on that says 19th for NZ...so are they wrong Placebo? Will it not ship till 26th?

Yay for June 26th aussie release date.

My university exams finish tomorrow and then i got a good month of holidays. I'll have a few weeks now to own the new zealand noobs in multiplayer it seems! =D.