Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

It's completely hopeless to find someone in Norway that sells/releases ArmA 2 on 19th of June. I've been in contact with Spaceworld, CDON.com and Gamestop and either of them will have ArmA 2 in store. Spaceworld even said they wouldn't have it before 3rd of July (!!!).

Besides CDON.com it was mentioned that it's because the sub-distibutors can't get the game from 505 Games in time. Seems to me it's worse then the ArmA: Armed Assault release here in Norway.

Just bought two copies off cdwow.co.nz release date on that says 19th for NZ...so are they wrong Placebo? Will it not ship till 26th?

Hopefully you'll find out on the 19th ;) I'm just going on the information I was given today.

Just went to cdwow.com.au to order 2 copies and its now $88.95 and the release date is 9th july....yesterday it was $50 and the release was the 19th. *sniff*

It's completely hopeless to find someone in Norway that sells/releases ArmA 2 on 19th of June. I've been in contact with Spaceworld, CDON.com and Gamestop and either of them will have ArmA 2 in store. Spaceworld even said they wouldn't have it before 3rd of July (!!!).

Their website lists the game to be released at June 19th. :confused:

http://www.spaceworld.no/wsp/spaceworld/frontend.cgi?template=releaselist

Just went to cdwow.com.au to order 2 copies and its now $88.95 and the release date is 9th july....yesterday it was $50 and the release was the 19th. *sniff*

It's changed back!

If i pre-order, will it be at my door on the 19th, or shipped to me on the 19th?

It's changed back!

If i pre-order, will it be at my door on the 19th, or shipped to me on the 19th?

Some webshops ship games a few days early depending on where you live, others ship the games on the release date.

So, in most cases the game will arrive on the release day or a few days later (usually the latter is the case). There is also a slim chance that the game will arrive a day early (or so), but I wouldn't count on it.

Their website lists the game to be released at June 19th. :confused:

http://www.spaceworld.no/wsp/spaceworld/frontend.cgi?template=releaselist

They may have changed that after I spoke with them on friday.

Here is the reponds from Spaceworld (Norwegian & translate english):

Norwegian:

Nå pratet jeg igjen med den antatte leverandøren av dette spillet i Norge og han fortalte meg at release er i begynnelsen av juli. Rundt 3 juli. Jeg ser at datoen på tothegame fortsatt er 19 juni men jeg tror jeg skal holde en knapp på den norske leverandøren som prater direkte med distribusjon hos 505 games.

Med vennlig hilsen

Joakim Solem

Produktsjef - Internett

Rought Google Translate:

Now I talked again with the suspected supplier of the game in Norway and he told me that the release is the beginning of July. Around July 3. I look at the date of Toth game is still on June 19 but I think I should keep a button on the norwegian supplier who speaks directly with the distribution of 505 games.

In any case.. I can't sit and hope to see this in store on the 19th, I need to be sure. Therefore I've ordered the game from Play.com instead. Hopefully they'll (one for me and one for a friend) arrive to the right time.

Edited by colossus
typo/fix

I wonder how many ppl will buy it in the Vatican city.

In any case.. I can't sit and hope to see this in store on the 19th, I need to be sure. Therefore I've ordered the game from Play.com instead. Hopefully they'll (one for me and one for a friend) arrive to the right time.

I also preordered it from Play.com, ages ago. But seeing as I saw the Spaceworld website listing it at the 19th, I was hoping I could get it there, and not have to wait for two or three days (at best) while the damn thing gets shipped to Norway. Bear in mind that, just to make it perfect, the game is released on a freaking friday, meaning that if Play.com can't manage to get it shipped the 19th, I'll be forced to wait till monday before they can hopefully get it sendt. Fuck this nonsense. :mad:

What about North American release? is it the 26th along with steam?

Stay Motivated!

Try searching for "North America" you have a whole thread for it........

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand. Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino and The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Israel, Middle- East, Romania, Bulgaria and Japan, South Korea

Until we hear otherwise the rest are June 19th, some of the smaller EU countries may get slight delays due to logistics but there's no certainties either way.

What about Poland? any idea when it will be released there? being next to Germany and not a small country... thought it would be included in the list:confused:

I also preordered it from Play.com, ages ago. But seeing as I saw the Spaceworld website listing it at the 19th, I was hoping I could get it there, and not have to wait for two or three days (at best) while the damn thing gets shipped to Norway. Bear in mind that, just to make it perfect, the game is released on a freaking friday, meaning that if Play.com can't manage to get it shipped the 19th, I'll be forced to wait till monday before they can hopefully get it sendt. Fuck this nonsense. :mad:

That's if it pass through customs fast enough. :)

What about Poland? any idea when it will be released there? being next to Germany and not a small country... thought it would be included in the list:confused:

Hungary is not on the list as well, but dont panic, you Polish guys will get ARMA2 too (as we Hungarian fanbois too :))

it seems we will get our packs tomorrow (17th june), as the gaming stores said that. (crossfingers)

Edited by Ekre

Current information is that a Polish version is separate, published by LEM.

At the bottom of the page of the ArmA 2 site you can see a link to the Polish publisher.

http://www.arma2.com/

Look for "L.E.M."

Edit: Placebo beat me.

@Ekr: Hungarian publisher is there too, "Seven M" (assuming the .hu domain means Hungary).

@Ekr: Hungarian publisher is there too, "Seven M" (assuming the .hu domain means Hungary).

yep, you were right :)

I've just contacted LEM (the Polish publisher), and they said that they probably won't publish the game this month. It depends on how fast BIS'll send them the game.

Today I pre-ordered ArmA2 at EB Games in Fremantle Western Australia.

They say it will be July 5th.

Receipt here: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/757/31418080.jpg

Woah a local, Beaconsfield here :)

Sounds like EB have moved it forward then... I was told by 2 different EB stores last week it was July 9th.

Fingers crossed :)

Woah a local, Beaconsfield here :)

Small world! Palmyra here, just up the road! :):) - i went to South Freo High next to beacy

Edited by Joseph Troska

Well, I have some information that release in Slovakia was delayed(from 17.6. 2009 to 24.6. 2009) because of some problems with "printing" DVDs or something like that. :(

Why does Bohemia push some release dates back?

I know that there are some bugs and where people have been complaining about, but is there ONE game which released totally bug-less?

I doubt it.

So if all the copies are made, all the maps are printed and all the suppliers informed, why not send it?

Publishers decide the release dates.