Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

That only UK or whole europe wide? Including Finland?

Well I've been looking today (was hoping to get to buy the game tomorrow morning before the shops close for midsummer boozing) on various Finnish online shops and all say that release date is 22.6.2009. So we Finns are shit outta luck it seems for the weekend. I will still propably take a look at the local stores in the morning to see if they got it.

Well I've been looking today (was hoping to get to buy the game tomorrow morning before the shops close for midsummer boozing) on various Finnish online shops and all say that release date is 22.6.2009. So we Finns are shit outta luck it seems for the weekend. I will still propably take a look at the local stores in the morning to see if they got it.

That sucks. Ah well, atleast I'm gonna remember my first moments in ArmA2 now since I ain't getting it tomorrow.

Thankfully my ArmA II has indeed been dispatched. Huzzah!

mine is posted from play.com, preordered it too. hope it arrives less than a week:bounce3:

Don't shoot the messenger ok but here's a snip of an email reply I got from my usual online store...please note his comment re 505 not actually being the Australian distributor, it sounds like there is a 3rd party involved that handles the actual release. Perhaps Placebo could follow up on this if he has time. Note I'm not saying Placebo is wrong or this guy is right I'm simply passing on what I've been told:

<snip>

It is a bit tricky for us here but I’ll try to explain it as best I can (Things change so fast that what I say now may be different in 2 days.)

Arma 2 currently has a release date of August the 20th in Australia. It doesn’t matter if the developer himself says it will be released on the 26th of June in Australia, the Australian distributors, not 505 as it does not distribute games in Australia, currently has a release date of August the 20th.

Is the 20th of August set in stone? No. It could very well change to the 26th of July at any point before then. It is the nature of the industry. My only advice for someone purchasing a title in Australia is to contact the Australian publisher/distributor or your favourite retailer and ask them for date. Ignore anything listed on international websites even if it is the “official†site. The information listed rarely ever matches the reality of the situation in Australia.

<endsnip>

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Don't shoot the messenger ok but here's a snip of an email reply I got from my usual online store...please note his comment re 505 not actually being the Australian distributor, it sounds like there is a 3rd party involved that handles the actual release. Perhaps Placebo could follow up on this if he has time. Note I'm not saying Placebo is wrong or this guy is right I'm simply passing on what I've been told:

<snip>

It is a bit tricky for us here but I’ll try to explain it as best I can (Things change so fast that what I say now may be different in 2 days.)

Arma 2 currently has a release date of August the 20th in Australia. It doesn’t matter if the developer himself says it will be released on the 26th of June in Australia, the Australian distributors, not 505 as it does not distribute games in Australia, currently has a release date of August the 20th.

Is the 20th of August set in stone? No. It could very well change to the 26th of July at any point before then. It is the nature of the industry. My only advice for someone purchasing a title in Australia is to contact the Australian publisher/distributor or your favourite retailer and ask them for date. Ignore anything listed on international websites even if it is the “official†site. The information listed rarely ever matches the reality of the situation in Australia.

<endsnip>

Cheers,

Stonehouse

I spoke with the guy that runs Aussie Gamer 2 days ago and although his site states August 20th he told me that he spoke to his distributor and that A2 will be in stock on the 30th of June (give or take a day) so I'm going with that atm as it the best confirmation I've had so far...

Hi 76,

Just got a reply form one supplier.

Looks like I will have it on the 30th of this month - give or take a day.

Let me know what you want to do.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen

priority@aussiegamer.com.au

Website at www.aussiegamer.com.au

Australia's Best Pricing on all Entertainment

So.. any Finns seen the game hit the shelves today?

I ordered mine on CDWOW and am still waiting for mine to dispatch, but it says on my order is has no dispatch date yet. I ordered on 12 of June. It says also Expected to ship within 7-10 days?? so i have to wait another 7-10 days till it ships off?

I'm wondering the same thing... if mine still havent despatch by monday, I will cancel from cdwow and buy it elsewhere.

apparently my local gamestore will have ARMA2 on 26june, though a bit more expensive. here's hoping i dont have to do that...

I'm wondering the same thing... if mine still havent despatch by monday, I will cancel from cdwow and buy it elsewhere.

apparently my local gamestore will have ARMA2 on 26june, though a bit more expensive. here's hoping i dont have to do that...

i agree but i have no clue whether its coming out here in NZ or not, because i have'nt heard any news about it over here... im still shocked my local ebgames and the ebgames site does'nt know anything.. thats why i also preordered from cdwow

Norway was supposed to have it today. When I checked with the stores, only Spaceworld had ever even heard of it. But they claim it won't be released until 3rd or Juli. and he even had two mails to confirm this. Wtf?

Did anyone find the game in the Stavanger region? If so, PM me...

For now, I'll just sink deep into the bottle.

So my local dealer is good man and he supplied us with 505 version of ArmA II today and not next week. Thanks BIS for best game out there despite some complains, good work.

I go play now.

I have mine ordered at CDWOW Australia and this is a response to an email I sent asking about ARMA 2. It does not look good. I gave them the benefit of the doubt after reading many bad things about them, maybe a mistake.

"Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in despatching this item to you.

We have experienced a delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for dispatch. As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this delay and thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Edwin | Customer Services Representative

CD WOW! "

You think your having a bad time? I can't even order the game from CDWow because I get a crappy Paypal error everytime I try.

I preordered it and it hasnt showed up yet. Its midsommarafton in sweden but i wanna play arma 2 :( It's not a holiday today afaik.

I have mine ordered at CDWOW Australia and this is a response to an email I sent asking about ARMA 2. It does not look good. I gave them the benefit of the doubt after reading many bad things about them, maybe a mistake.

"Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in despatching this item to you.

We have experienced a delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for dispatch. As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this delay and thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Edwin | Customer Services Representative

CD WOW! "

i hope its only at least another 1-2 days till they can dispatch, otherwise its not going to look good on them in my opinion.

I spoke with the guy that runs Aussie Gamer 2 days ago and although his site states August 20th he told me that he spoke to his distributor and that A2 will be in stock on the 30th of June (give or take a day) so I'm going with that atm as it the best confirmation I've had so far...

Hi 76,

Just got a reply form one supplier.

Looks like I will have it on the 30th of this month - give or take a day.

Let me know what you want to do.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen

priority@aussiegamer.com.au

Website at www.aussiegamer.com.au

Australia's Best Pricing on all Entertainment

Thanks for that info 76. I think I'll give it a few days before I jump in and order. I did cross check with the Hornsby (I'm in Sydney) GAME store and EB and while the guys in store knew of the game and had played ARMA their computers did not even list the title as an upcoming release which is very strange because they did list the upcoming Operation Flashpoint title. I figure there is a bit of a communications breakdown somewhere between 505 the publisher and the main Australian distributor. It's almost like the promo stuff has fallen into a hole and someone hasn't done their job here to push the title to the stores which , if true, would irritate me if I was the developer or publisher as it hurts sales.

Possibly Aussiegamer is sourcing their copies from offshore, something I've seen done before with one of the original Rainbow Six expansions and Mig Alley. Anyway waiting a few days should tell us how it's going to end up.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Edited by Stonehouse

So.. any Finns seen the game hit the shelves today?

I download it here. 8h left with 1M connection.

The Australasian distributor of ARMA 2 is All Interactive, who is the Oceania region distributor on behalf of 505 Games. They took over distribution rights from Red Ant Interprise when the latter went into receivership last year.

New Zealand's ARMA 2 release has just got delayed till 20th of August.

Hi im from iceland and ive been wondering when the game will release world wide bechause on steam it says 29th june will it also release world wide on that date?:)

The release date was here today (the 19th) for the EU, but has been pushed back (really funneh. I lied to me boss to get off early, so I could go to the shop. Nice that they changed the date in the shops after i went to work)

Iceland, if I recall right, is the same as Denmark.. So I guess that you will have to wait till the 26th, or perhaps all the way to early juli (hope the rumors about august is a duck)

Dont want to say anything false or wrong, since i personaly really want the game to be the most awsome it can be.

You can order the german version and mod it to English. But from what I know, it has to be accepted server side. And some people are having issues with Fade, caused by altering the game.

Im rambling :) sorry mate, hoped it was somewhat helpfull.

/Meek