Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Think of it this way we get to monitor the German release thread, watch their videos and screen shots and prompt for their Pc specs to ascertain relevant information:yay:so we can then prepare physically and mentally for the highs and lows we have been accustomed too.

As for "I want an aussie box with all our classification and shiz" who cares i wont be putting the box in to load the game, just the smell of plastic DVD:rolleyes:

Trauma, according to your question in another thread:

Don't cry baby *yet*. Germans got their release first. There is always someone who's first, and that's not you this time, nor me. People like you should stop asking us, since we do not care. Ask publishers in your country. If they will see demands, they'll offer products ASAP. What can fans, or game developer do with release dates? Developers focus on making games, players used to play them, publisher is the one who provides them. You've got that good situation, that actually you do speak English in your country, so it's not a problem to import anything from US, or UK. You even have a good access to Japanese software & hardware. Where I do live, publishers don't ever bother releasing most of products for western market. They do simply focus on big "hits" as pop-culture sees them. ie. for decent racing sim (rFactor), I would have wait two years, if I didn't manage to buy it outside country. I believe as soon as English version of game is done and sent gold master, there will be announcement about US and AU release.

Trauma, according to your question in another thread:

Don't cry baby *yet*. Germans got their release first. There is always someone who's first, and that's not you this time, nor me. People like you should stop asking us, since we do not care. Ask publishers in your country. If they will see demands, they'll offer products ASAP. What can fans, or game developer do with release dates? Developers focus on making games, players used to play them, publisher is the one who provides them. You've got that good situation, that actually you do speak English in your country, so it's not a problem to import anything from US, or UK. You even have a good access to Japanese software & hardware. Where I do live, publishers don't ever bother releasing most of products for western market. They do simply focus on big "hits" as pop-culture sees them. ie. for decent racing sim (rFactor), I would have wait two years, if I didn't manage to buy it outside country. I believe as soon as English version of game is done and sent gold master, there will be announcement about US and AU release.

Sigh, it was not meant to be about release dates, it was about the failure of the publishers to distribute the game evenly and who exactly failed, potential motivations and the potential damage caused.

But thx for your reply here anyways as my thread was locked, and your right about contacting the publisher directly, and I have done just that, expressing my point of view on the matter to them. Clearly I can't have open discussions of that nature here.

(I get a laugh out of your sig every time I see one of your posts Sid)

Edited by Trauma.au
Typos

but i dunno, you might get a lot of mismatch dramas on steam if your using mods and it starts forcing updates on you

No, mods don't modify original files. If you install them properly they even have their own folders.

bit the bullet and I'm downloading the German version now, 5 files, main files:

file 1 1.53 meg

file 2 1.86 gig

file 3 1.86 gig

file 4 1.86 gig

file 5 1.31 gig

at my speed I'm getting the 1.86 gig files in 1 hour 10 mins.

So I'll be back in about 5 hours :)

Southy

Well as tempting as it is , as much as i want the game now, id rather wait 1 more month to get the cover,manual,game disc/dvd,box rather than a downloadable version of the game,makes life more simpler having the disc, and i like collecting games i enjoy...

Well as tempting as it is , as much as i want the game now, id rather wait 1 more month to get the cover,manual,game disc/dvd,box rather than a downloadable version of the game,makes life more simpler having the disc, and i like collecting games i enjoy...

haha you could be right dl is complete, arma2 installed, crashes on launch.

I'm on second install now.

southy

bit the bullet and I'm downloading the German version now, 5 files, main files:

file 1 1.53 meg

file 2 1.86 gig

file 3 1.86 gig

file 4 1.86 gig

file 5 1.31 gig

at my speed I'm getting the 1.86 gig files in 1 hour 10 mins.

So I'll be back in about 5 hours :)

Southy

Where from and whats the damage $$ please

Where from and whats the damage $$ please

It cost 39 euro and was from metaboli

Live rates at 2009.05.29 21:47:38 UTC

39.99 EUR = 70.6922 AUD

Euro Australia Dollars

1 EUR = 1.76775 AUD 1 AUD = 0.565692 EUR

https://buy.metaboli.com/vnt/choixpaiement.html?partenaire=29&id_titre=1103&langue_page=de&affilie=&mode_achat=acheter

I should add I've now downloaded it twice about 14 gigs all up, and it still won't install on my system.

I'm getting a render creation error on startup of arma2, it shows the normal loading 'ticks' then goes black for 2/3 seconds then crashes with this error:

arma2x.jpg

I can recommend metaboli service and speed were maxed out, unfortunately I just can't get the game going, just about to try 3rd install.

I down loaded the Metaboli version yesterday. D/l speed approx 900 - 950 KB/Sec (about 25 minutes for each of the 1.8GB parts) using my adsl2+ connection in Melbourne.

The install instructions are in English but the in game text, not surprisingly is in German. There is an option to change the language in one of the menus but at this stage it cannot be changed from German. Installed on Vist64-bit system and it seems to be working fine:

front.jpg

Well, that sucks... what's so special about Germany that they get their own fully localized version?!

Basicly I am now confused about the release date for the Uk version of Arma 2.

I was led to believe that the release date is the 19th June, after reading the forums. However after pre ordering online, at GAME uk, i recieved an email stating the game would now be available on the 26th June instead. I emailed them back to clarify this, and they have replied to me that it is correct.

But places like Amazon uk and Play.com are still advertising the game for a release date on the 19th June.

Im confused , can anyone explain to me when the uk version will be available for certain? do we have any official news on this?

Thanks.

The 505 Games release which covers most of the Europe (including the UK) will appear on June 19.

The release date in the UK is June 19th. Everyone but Game says so.. I had my preorder with them and even after emailing them they wouldn't admit it's the wrong date. So I went to amazon.co.uk :)

They may update it.. but who knows?

amazon didnt change my pre-order date, so i cancelled it and re-ordered, then got an e-mail 3 days later saying they have changed shipping date, but they just take the money out of your account the day they ship

Should be 19th June even from GAME. They probably can't be bothered to update the website.

They did update it to 19th June and then changed it BACK to 26th June. I've pre-ordered with them so this has me worried (although it's unlike them to be out done by others). I'm going to wait until the 15th and unless they change it, I'm off to Amazon.

Should be 19th June even from GAME. They probably can't be bothered to update the website.

As with quite a few i mailed game, and even though they know its been brought foward the reply i got was 26th- i was confused and baffled.

So i went to amazon and bought it, game.co.uk is loosing tons of potential sales or has lost should i say as a result of this.

As with quite a few i mailed game, and even though they know its been brought foward the reply i got was 26th- i was confused and baffled.

So i went to amazon and bought it, game.co.uk is loosing tons of potential sales or has lost should i say as a result of this.

I've also e-mailed them, no reply yet, but I'm sure it'll be the same as yours :( I like Game as they always deliver on the release day & I get money off from my reward card :)

play.com £ 24.99, no postage charge, and for 19th !