Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Im gonna go check tomorrow if they got ARMA2 in their computers here in sweden. Usually they can see if a game is coming within a couple of months. Last time i checked they couldnt see it and they didnt know at all what ARMA was... Jerks. :)

I saw it on websites here to pre-order or at least on show that it is coming. But like many others i dont buy online. I want to go to my shop and grab it. If its messed up i have it changed within 30 minutes.

Alex

We're a relatively small market here in Australia, at the other end of the Earth to the US and Europe. That said, considering the price a new PC game goes for here, around $100 AUD, you'd think it'd be worth their while to import a few copies.

I remember when I bought OFP, it was in all the shops, so there's nothing to say more serious, simulation-type games don't sell here.

Plus with our 3rd-world internet service here, there's no way I'm using half my allotted monthly download to buy the game that way.

I imagine it'll be the fault of the retailers, rather than the publishers if the game doesn't make it to shop shelves here.

I'm gonna wait for the post-release reviews anyway, I was ready to ask for my money back the state Arma1 was in at release.

I'll be buying it online then I'll buy a hard copy when itd released here (maybe thats BIS ploy so we buy 2 copies each..lol). Doesn't really stress me too much that we wont be getting it in the shops soon.

When ArmA was released we at OGN all bought it overseas and had it shipped to Aus

Theres also a shop just north of dungeon crawl on elizabeth st, forget the name, but they sell alot of flight sim's and pro flight sticks, stuff like that, i got my copy of Arma there, i'd bet they'll have Arma2 when the time comes, ill check it out tomorrow.

Sounds like MetroPC, up near JB Hifi?

Wow, 90 AUD for a PC game? It's console stuff here that's so costy.

Heh, console games (PS3/360) here are $100-$120 usually.

Some places sell them for $80-$100, though.

Edited by h.IV+[I.esus]

The community will be smaller than Arma1 for sure.
I would say incorrect.

Our numbers in AUS/NZ maybe in the ball park of 150+ members all split between different Internet service providers, Gaming Community's and Arma Teams. Those that have posted here have and will continue to promote and update those around them, focused on the other gaming genres as i have. Rico is correct in we shouldn't have too (But we do)

Arma II Aus Interest can triple over night if BI officals touched base with all the big gaming identity's with detailed information.

I personally can muster up 15+ as soon as the game comes to Aus, add the above 149+ all using the Gaming Community websites with Official Arma II info

Bommar do the math;)

Well known Arma Servers for Aus/Nz HERE and HERE

Theres a couple missing, but i know Arma II and thanks to the EPIC run & gun of Dragon Rising these servers will have a mass intake even if its $100 AUD

Ps Thanks Dr Eyeball - for the Links its a start:)

i heard Red Back the distributed went under here in Aus. They distributed Arma1 so I assume there doing Arma2

Red Ant actually. Afaik BIS had a new publisher, however I'm not 100% sure, could BI respond to this at all?

If you are terrified for ArmA2 release in Australia, so you have another choice ... SPROCKET

Edited by spoock

;1285368']Anybody in Melbourne;

Go to Dungeon Crawl on Elizabeth St' date=' just north of Bourke St, 1 or 2 shops (on the left if you're facing north).

They import PC and PS3 games (since they're region-free) if they're available earlier overseas than Australia.

It's where I got my copy of ArmA. :)[/quote']

PS3 games are region free? Are you sure about that?

-sorry for OT. :(

If you are terrified for ArmA2 release in Australia, so you have another choice ... SPROCKET

Once again, I don't buy online. I recommend you read the other replys to see what we are getting at :)

And yes PS3 games are region free

If the Arma2 community is going to be small down here, it will be because there is not enough press. Does anyone know if PCPP have done any articles yet? If it is good, they should promote it really well, as OFP was game of the year in 2001.

If Arma2 is as good as it looks, and relatively bug free, then there is no reason why there should be a small community.

...its BI's job to sell the game, not make us work for it

games.on.net reports All Interactive Distribution (in Queensland) is to take over from Red Ant (who went bankrupt), as exclusive sub-distributor for 505 Games.

Therefore BI have done their job and it's now up to the retailers to get their shipments from All Interactive.

If you've got a complaint or query about local distribution, it should be through All Interactive or the shops themselves. If the shops are too lazy to get with it, don't buy from the shop ever again. I know I certainly don't, because they're too slow with releases and charge an extra $10-$20.

If you've got a complaint or query about local distribution, it should be through All Interactive or the shops themselves. If the shops are too lazy to get with it, don't buy from the shop ever again. I know I certainly don't, because they're too slow with releases and charge an extra $10-$20.

Ah good, some solid news thanks :D

So is it meant to be in the stores in aus at the same time as in EU or is the date meant to be different?

I just hope its in EB Games, JB-HIFI etc like every other PC game or not many will get it.

It'll turn up eventually. Seeing ArmA in stores used to give me a little smile when I was out shopping.

For Aussies looking at picking up the game possibly early (if an overseas release is earlier than local);

I have a response from the Dungeon Crawl store in Melbourne (they also have an eBay store).

Hi

ARMA 2 is defenatly something we're looking at getting in asap. release is

sheduled for Q3 2009 but thats all we have right now so we will keep people

posted when we know more ourselfs.

Thanks

DC.

Also;

PS3 games are region free? Are you sure about that?

-sorry for OT. :(

Yes, 100% sure about that.

I have numerous games from overseas, and any quick Google search will give you the same answer. ;)

Pretty cool, eh?

/end OT.

Edited by h.IV+[I.esus]

Once again, I don't buy online. I recommend you read the other replys to see what we are getting at :)

And yes PS3 games are region free

I would never ever buy from those guys, not after the nightmare time they game people with Arma 1.

Well, i can definitely say ArmAII is coming to EB, as to when, though, i have no idea!

RicoADF is right - ArmAII is NOT in our computer database. Most upcoming titles have at least their entry in the system (often without a fixed release date). eg, OFP2 is listed as 1/9/09, which changed less than a week ago - before, it didn't have one.

Though my manager just came back from the big meeting all the managers had up in head office on the gold coast, which included a briefing and playthrough of all new titles coming out... including ArmA2 (or at least a video of it). Also brought back some info flyers for it (for staff to read). Nothing much in it though that would be news to anyone here, it's more for the completely uninformed of the staff to know a bit about it so they can talk about it to customers.

So yes, it's definitely coming to Aus in box form, but when is a real question.

I'll be waiting for a box edition too, btw.

Kotaku said we are set for a July 9th release.

9th July ?? Time to learn German....lol... going to order from Amazon de... google should be able to translate most of the pages for me...

Edited by gonk

Sweet, just enough time for the major bugs upon release to be ironed out. Hope that release date is in fact correct.

Sorry Kids your going to have to wait:p 18+

$50.95 HERE

Just a little bit suss must be US$

Aussie Servers HERE

Edited by SnR

We don't have an 18+ rating in Australia, it will be ma15+ like everything else. All that stuff is in USA data, ana the price etc.