Sign in to follow this  
cm

Online coop campaign?

Well not many of my friends (none actually) play Arma and I was kind of hoping I might be able to play the campaign in coop with a bunch of people online. Is this going to be possible or will it all be done through LAN?

I am very sure you'll be able to play both online and LAN, my good fellow. However most games will probably still be between friends from the same arma organization, and as such might very well be locked.

I suggest you go and check out the clans/squads pages if you haven't already. There are many good outfits out there where you can meet likeminded people who share your interests in cooperative gaming.

Really looking forward to playing the single player campaign with my friend! Its good to see such games (and others) adopting coop... only a year or two ago few games had coop!

If it works on LAN it should work online... but as Hund said it might be harder to organise a game online with a stranger because of time constraints etc. Coop games usually go for longer and require quite a bit of interaction.

Yapa

Well not many of my friends (none actually) play Arma and I was kind of hoping I might be able to play the campaign in coop with a bunch of people online. Is this going to be possible or will it all be done through LAN?

I'll play online co-op with you lol. I'm in the same situation, because my friends don't play ArmA either.

My xfire is sk8erdrew94, add me if you wanna play some co-op some time.

There we go, making friends already - it's good to see the BI boards put some some good use.

Has anyone actually played it in coop yet?

Me and my friend have taken a week off work and bought new computers just for the coop.

I hope its working!

We tried a few missions from the beginning with a couple of friends, and it seemed to work ok. Some small problems here and there, such as only the host seeing slides shown in a briefing, but overall both the game and the campaign worked really well. There isn't really a separate coop campaign, it's the same campaign and same saves in both coop and sp. What this means in practice is you can continue an already started sp-campaign in coop, then move back to sp for a few missions, then coop again, etc...

I played through the campaign with some buddies of mine. I like the first half very much indeed, even despite the bugs and all. The second half I didn't enjoy so much - it depends on your temper i guess.

how many can play coop in the single player campaign

Four players in the main campaign, but many more in user-made coops or even custom-made campaigns. See here:

Or here. Note the teamwork :): ArmA2 coop

Edited by MadDogX

Coop runs fine unless you try to continue from a certain save point or just try to join a running game you get a connection failure. At least thats what i saw while testing it with a friend of mine. But aside this Single Player Coop is hell of fun :) I also like the Big Maps where you try to conquer the Island, build up your base and outposts and buy vehicles or anything you can get your hands on :D ...thats where i had the most fun while playing with a friend :)

is that it? can a mod fix this?

There are four characters in the razor team (see arma2.com) so four players it is... I guess you could edit the missions to add extra players but that would propably break the dialogue, plot, etc.

The coop campaign is a really great feature, I was sort of expecting just a series of missions but it is the full "dynamic" campaign with everything the same as in singleplayer. There's still various bugs in v1.01 unfortunately but already it is great fun.

Proper plot-driven online co-op campaign is what I've been waiting since Hidden & Dangerous. Finally!

Good work BIS!

Hi all,

First time poster, long time stalker here. Just a quick question before I go back to my bush. To play coop on a home LAN do I need to buy two copies of Arma2? Probably an obvious answer I know but I just want to be sure.

Harley

I played through the campaign with some buddies of mine. I like the first half very much indeed, even despite the bugs and all. The second half I didn't enjoy so much - it depends on your temper i guess.

Without too much spoilers, whats wrong? Bad mission design or bugs?

maybe a naive question...but how do you play the campaign in online coop mode..?

when i look through the missions that are already on the server i cannot find the campaign...

maybe a naive question...but how do you play the campaign in online coop mode..?

when i look through the missions that are already on the server i cannot find the campaign...

When you go to singleplayer -> campaign, you will find a "Host"-button with which you can host a campaign server.

I wonder if there is a way to use a dedicated server for the campaign...

Hi all,

First time poster, long time stalker here. Just a quick question before I go back to my bush. To play coop on a home LAN do I need to buy two copies of Arma2? Probably an obvious answer I know but I just want to be sure.

Harley

Yes, two copies although you could legally play one copy on both machines but not at the same time :/ defeating the objective I believe.

I found coop fun but tedious at some times. There are issues with saving and later the missions become quite tedious playing with other people. I would recommend that it plays best with only two people.

For those who asked there is a way to either host the whole campaign or join a campaign or play individual missions. And like another poster mentioned, you wouldn't want to mod this for more the four, some missions there aren't enough baddies to go around for four people as is...don't know why you would want or need more.

And increasing the difficulty doesn't help? How does server skill work now anyways? Is it still skill and accuracy, or do we get to set the whole skill array thingy globally?

Hi all,

Harley

I'm sure you need 2 versions. With ArmA1 i tried to run 1 version over LAN and got kicked from the server with the message: 'Original games do not fade'.

If you want to host an online coop campaign with good performance for all clients you need 2 computers and 2 game versions.

Your local server only hosts the session but you don't play on it, with gfx settings all on very low to reserve cpu resources.

)rStrangelove;1299208']Your local server only hosts the session but you don't play on it' date=' with gfx settings all on very low to reserve cpu resources.[/quote']

can't do that because the host always plays Cooper (the squad leader), and is the one usually trigerring story stuff and dialogs, you need him to move around

Have anyone been able to play the co-op campaign through without problems? Everytime someone of us dies and we have to load other player get script error which says something about missionScope being nil. Other problem is that whenever we try to load from autosave, other player get stuck on receiving data screen. Any suggestions?

Otherwise everything works nicely, only those save reloads bug big time.