Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

OK bought a 5770, game runs like a charm now. Also picked up a freezer 7 and am currently trying to remember how to overclock the Q6600.

good so we are two with HD5770 :)

I haven't gone through the this topic much nor do I use forums but figured I'd share my specs with those of you whom question requirements when it comes to ArmA II. I've built a few machines - my last had dual/tri SLI 8800GTXs packed into an Antec900 in which my current machine only requires one 8800GTX!!! H311, I run CrYsis @1920x1080 on Very High with no noticeable FPS drop...

Below are my current specs for ArmA II and my PC which both work like a charm! A few buddies had me build them machines based on these these specs... took a while to match everything up in this build which cost 600ish without the card.

NOT SAYING I RECOMMEND THIS... JUST DO YOUR RESEARCH WHEN BUYING!

RES: 1680x1050_@60HZ 16X9

VIEW: 3,600+ METERS

GRAPHICS: VERY HIGH (AA_FILTER= OFF)

FPS: NOT TESTED [sorry guys]

VERSION: 1.04 (with & without mods) ACE2 ROCKS :D

CPU: Intel E8400 3.0 GHz 6M L2 Cache Dual-Core (OCed @4.05GHz)

COOLER: Masscool 8WA741

MBrd: EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 nForce 750i SLI FTW 775 Mainboard

RAM: Mushkin 991599 2GB XP2-8500 DDR2-1066MHz (CURRENTLY 4GB)

GPU: XFX 8800GTX 768MB

PSU: CORSAIR 750w TX Series 80 Plus Certified

CASE: NZXT Alpha CS-NT-ALP-WOW Steel ATX Mid Tower

OS: XP 32bit_SP3 (have Vista but upgrading to Win7_64bit)

--- This runs all my games @High Res & Very High Settings ---

AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 quad-core processor; 6GB DDR2 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; LightScribe technology; 640GB hard drive; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

does this sound good? It looks like a good deal to me for 580$

but then again I dont really understand this stuff and I just think so because it says quad core :P

AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 quad-core processor; 6GB DDR2 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; LightScribe technology; 640GB hard drive; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

does this sound good? It looks like a good deal to me for 580$

but then again I dont really understand this stuff and I just think so because it says quad core :P

I dont see the GPU there.. :p

I don't think it's really interesting. The Athlon II is basically a Phenom without L3 cache memory, a Phenom isn't all that great when it comes to performance in ArmA 2 terms not to mention without that low latency cache memory.

A fast clocked (MHz/GHz) dualcore is faster then a low clocked quadcore. It's best to get a fairly high clocked quadcore as it will be more futureproof. You want anything Intel Core i7, i5 750+ or AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher.

Also, there is no graphics card mentioned. This is a vital piece of hardware, you'll need a pretty quick one. Anything similar or above nVidia 8800/9600/250 (not 9400 or 240) and ATI/AMD HD 3870/4770/5750 (not 4650, 5650, etc) should work, avoid anything with onboard graphics/integrated graphics processor (IGP).

I dont see the GPU there.. :p

darn copy and paste button....

edit

AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X4 620* quad-core processor

6GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

2MB L2 cache memory

640GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics

15-in-1 media reader

# IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports

Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet networking interface

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Edited by Black0ps

darn copy and paste button....

edit

AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X4 620* quad-core processor

6GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

2MB L2 cache memory

640GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics

15-in-1 media reader

# IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports

Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet networking interface

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled

I got 9600 GT, and I run ArmA2 on normal/disabled. Shadows, Vsync, PP, Antialaising, clutter off, texture detail on normal, viewdistance 1500.

Could someone tell meh how does the Intel C2C E8400 3Ghz (dual) place in todays standards? good - medium - low

I got 9600 GT, and I run ArmA2 on normal/disabled. Shadows, Vsync, PP, Antialaising, clutter off, texture detail on normal, viewdistance 1500.

Could someone tell meh how does the Intel C2C E8400 3Ghz (dual) place in todays standards? good - medium - low

im confuzzled here. Was there an answer in there?

im confuzzled here. Was there an answer in there?

yes, 9600 sucks, so I presume 9100 isnt any better

yes, 9600 sucks

My 9600GT runs great, not sure what you're on about.

My 9600GT runs great, not sure what you're on about.

by "sucks" compared to what ArmA2 requires to run on high with FPS 40<

@Kristian, thats the kind of framerate you will get in ArmA2 no matter how good your machine is when there are AIs and scripts running. If there are a lot of AI, FPS will be down to about 20 to 30 no matter how high or low your graphics details and machine specs. Its a BIS thing.

uhg soooooooo it says for optimal settings on the arma2 website Geforce 8800.... isnt 9100 better then that? and if the specs I posted before are still ok,will the CPU or whatever be able to handle at least 100 AI units

uhg soooooooo it says for optimal settings on the arma2 website Geforce 8800.... isnt 9100 better then that?

No, the 8800 was a high end card, the 9100 is a low-end budgetcard.

The first number is the series of the card, the second determines how fast it is compared to others in the same series.

by "sucks" compared to what ArmA2 requires to run on high with FPS 40<

Mine runs smoothly with reasonable settings. I have no idea what FPS it pushes, but it's good enough for me.

uhg soooooooo it says for optimal settings on the arma2 website Geforce 8800.... isnt 9100 better then that? and if the specs I posted before are still ok,will the CPU or whatever be able to handle at least 100 AI units

surely 8800 GT is better than 9100, coz 9100 r integrated VGA n 8800 is not, so 8800 GT is better...

I still get pitty poor performance after overclocking my CPU from 2.4GHz, to 3.3GHz, buying a new hard drive and upgrading to a Asus Radeon 4870, and overclocking it.

4GB RAM, q6600 3.3ghz, asus radeon 4870 overclocked

I still get pitty poor performance after overclocking my CPU from 2.4GHz, to 3.3GHz, buying a new hard drive and upgrading to a Asus Radeon 4870, and overclocking it.

Depends on many variables - screen size, resolution and in-game settings, OS and game versions, even hard disk drive type and setup - there are threads and posts covering all of these and how to optimise so you might want to post these to get the help you need. The system you quote should be good for medium settings at a reasonable framerate, though can you define poor performance ? For me the worse performance was the stuttering caused by constant loading of textures from disk, and though I had no increase in FPS I did find moving to faster disk (RAMdisk in my case, SSD for others) improved things greatly.

Have u update wit the latest ATI catalyst driver ?

@Relemar, what exactly does "pretty poor performance" mean?

If you are talking about framerate and you are getting about 20 to 40 in heavy missions, don't bother upgrading, that's the framerate that the game is designed to run in when many AI are active. Nothing you do or buy can increase framerates beyond those limits.

hi guys, dont know if this is in the right place but i want a new pc anything below 700pounds. i have no experience with pc's so any help would be very appreciated ive been looking at custom builds but i dont know what to get any links to what you have found would be great thanks ptewatson.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

hey guys is this any good ............

Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts Power Supplies [+36] (SLI/CrossFire Ready Power Supply)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

Cooling Fan: Intel LGA1366 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink

Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58 Pro-E Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFire DDR3 Mainboard

Memory: 3GB (1GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

Freebies: None

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [+276] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

First post here, hi all.

I just had the opportunity to get my hands on a new pc. Don't have them exactly but here are some specs;

-i7 860 processor

-HD 4890 graphics card

-4gb DDR3 memory 1333

-Windows 7 64bit

I'm a long time Arma1 player but held off buying Arma2 because my current pc would never be able to run it! Can anyone tell me if it would be worth buying A2 with this new pc? I'm looking for playable framerates of +30 on 1280 x 1024res.

First post here, hi all.

I just had the opportunity to get my hands on a new pc. Don't have them exactly but here are some specs;

-i7 860 processor

-HD 4890 graphics card

-4gb DDR3 memory 1333

-Windows 7 64bit

I'm a long time Arma1 player but held off buying Arma2 because my current pc would never be able to run it! Can anyone tell me if it would be worth buying A2 with this new pc? I'm looking for playable framerates of +30 on 1280 x 1024res.

Are u kidding me ? :D

This spec can run ARMA 2 flawlessly in that setting, with minimum fps around 40-50 maybe more.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

hi guys, dont know if this is in the right place but i want a new pc anything below 700pounds. i have no experience with pc's so any help would be very appreciated ive been looking at custom builds but i dont know what to get any links to what you have found would be great thanks ptewatson.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

hey guys is this any good ............

Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts Power Supplies [+36] (SLI/CrossFire Ready Power Supply)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

Cooling Fan: Intel LGA1366 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink

Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58 Pro-E Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFire DDR3 Mainboard

Memory: 3GB (1GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

Freebies: None

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [+276] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

This spec too can handle A2 flawlessly, with 1280*1024 or maybe more n wit around 50+ fps even more.

I've just bought Arma 2, waiting for it to be delivered and I was wondering if my PC will run on max settings at 1680x1050 OK?

Q9550 @ 3.4GHz

8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1066MHz

Sapphire 4850 X2 2GB

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Intel X25-M 80GB SSD

Windows 7

I've just bought Arma 2, waiting for it to be delivered and I was wondering if my PC will run on max settings at 1680x1050 OK?

Q9550 @ 3.4GHz

8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1066MHz

Sapphire 4850 X2 2GB

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Intel X25-M 80GB SSD

Windows 7

Not sure if that would be run on max settings , but at least u can get most settings with very high with that resolution but maybe some option can't on very high.