Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

Ill be getting the german release from morphicon just like i did with arma i dont care what language its in or how many bugs its got i want it nooooooooooooooooow

I will buy the German version too, even if my German is quite bad ATM... I'll just randomly click on things and see what happens. :D

Edited by sk3pt

Sorry just noticed at the bottom of the morphicon/petergames website there is an English flag click it simples.

Anybody at the event today find out if we can dled from Sprocket IDEA?

Sorry just noticed at the bottom of the morphicon/petergames website there is an English flag click it simples.

problem with morphicon/petergames is that the only purchase option currently avaioable is from amazon.de

which leads to up to a 3 week shipping time to NA.

if they had a direct download option we could have it faster - it was available with arma and i would like to repeat the good experience i had with morphicon again.

however direct to drive also looks good - wonder if any date has been set for that.

"German version is not so complete..."

Is this just a rumor? Don't understand this at all :-(

The morphicon website also has a download button which I assume will be activated on the release date.

problem with morphicon/petergames is that the only purchase option currently avaioable is from amazon.de

which leads to up to a 3 week shipping time to NA.

if they had a direct download option we could have it faster - it was available with arma and i would like to repeat the good experience i had with morphicon again.

however direct to drive also looks good - wonder if any date has been set for that.

I thought Amazon.de didn't ship to the US?

I thought Amazon.de didn't ship to the US?

i went and placed an order and it seemed to go through ok. but i cancelled it when i found out that i'd have to wait until june 22.

"German version is not so complete..."

Is this just a rumor? Don't understand this at all :-(

It's an "earlier version". You will have all the game, but BIS continue to work on the game, fixing bugs, etc..

So probably the german version will have some bugs when it's out. But it will be patched at the same time 505 game version is out.

Don't worry about that :)

Relax, people. You all get the same deal eventually. So-what if the German version is v1.0 instead of 505's v1.1, you still get

the bloody game before everyone else.

I don't understand why people complain about this, we don't know how it's going to perform. And what happens is that some

goes for the assumption that ArmA II will go trough the same patch-pain as ArmA: Armed Assault without even knowing it's a fact.

Most reports already states that the current version/build is stable and had a good FPS, and that was just the BETA versions

getting reviewed.

If this is such a problem it should be taken up with the publisher and not the developer. It is their decision to publish the game

at this time, but without deadlines ArmA II would have turned in to a ''Duke Nukem: Forever"-project.

Edited by colossus

Does the German version definitely not have English?

I see no digital download sites have it listed yet :(

Does the German version definitely not have English?

I see no digital download sites have it listed yet :(

The german version will initially be german only. Was semi-officially confirmed somewhere recently (Twitter perhaps?). Probably to discourage people from importing it. Hopefully the english option will be added later in a patch, just like with ArmA1.

I went to saturn and our gamestop here in magdeburg, germany. The woman at saturn looked into their system with ArmA 2 dated at 29th May for 44€ But there was also the special edition dated on the 29th...but red which means "not able to request".

At gamestop there is also ArmA 2 but for 49,99€. My plan was to buy it at 9 AM but i recently took a look at my calendar and no: there is a appointed time at my doc and this could take a while :(

But i don't bother BIS releasing the 505 version as a patched version. We should appreciate their work using beta testers eliminating the bugs and then constantly making the game perfect :)

I went to saturn and our gamestop here in magdeburg, germany. The woman at saturn looked into their system with ArmA 2 dated at 29th May for 44€ But there was also the special edition dated on the 29th...but red which means "not able to request".

At gamestop there is also ArmA 2 but for 49,99€. My plan was to buy it at 9 AM but i recently took a look at my calendar and no: there is a appointed time at my doc and this could take a while :(

But i don't bother BIS releasing the 505 version as a patched version. We should appreciate their work using beta testers eliminating the bugs and then constantly making the game perfect :)

Weird, I pre-ordered at Gamestop and asked about a special edition but they knew nothing about it. If it's really 44€ at Saturn I'm gonna make sure to mention that as Gamestop tends to match prices. :)

Edited by MadDogX

So is anyone going to try to translate and release a user made language "patch" to German Arma2 like Sickboy did with Arma ?

If someone's going to do the job i most definetly buy german version instead of waiting official english release.

So is anyone going to try to translate and release a user made language "patch" to German Arma2 like Sickboy did with Arma ?

If someone's going to do the job i most definetly buy german version instead of waiting official english release.

What is 2 weeks in a life ? I am just kept busy with CWR for myself + getting a life (or at least trying to :D)

Noone's working or getting to school !?! It's the end of the universe ? :eek:

:p

Edited by Paul-Hewson

I'm concerned about the lack of a confirmed US release...looks like I'll be importing a UK copy then :butbut:

I'm concerned about the lack of a confirmed US release...looks like I'll be importing a UK copy then :butbut:

I'm sure you will get hold of it just as soon as the rest of us +- a few days

What is 2 weeks in a life ? I am just kept busy with CWR for myself + getting a life (or at least trying to :D)

Noone's working or getting to school !?! It's the end of the universe ? :eek:

:p

Working isn't exactly funny stuff that keeps me relaxed and there isn't much playable games these days. Arma2 will nicely fill that void. So that's why i'm anxious to get my hands on this already.

You're right that CWR will entertain in the meantime, but it needs a sound mod before i can fully enjoy playing it.

Yes! My local gameshop has confirmed the date: 2009-06-19.

It's so close now.