Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

I've seen now a couple of moderations accusing spammers of simply wishing to boost their post count. Now, I have quite a huge post count. Clearly, I'm a nerd. Such dedication to my own oh-so-valuable opinion has never really garnered me any external benefit, however. So, my question is: Why would anyone want to spam in order to boost their post count? What is the point?

I've seen now a couple of moderations accusing spammers of simply wishing to boost their post count. Now, I have quite a huge post count. Clearly, I'm a nerd. Such dedication to my own oh-so-valuable opinion has never really garnered me any external benefit, however. So, my question is: Why would anyone want to spam in order to boost their post count? What is the point?

I actually doubt that anyone spams to increase their postcount. Its just fun to do, however pointless it may seem. Actually, the pointlessness is one of the most fun things about it.

1. Your post count is nothing ;)

2. Some people think having a higher post count is better than having a lower post count.

3. Some people are stupid ;)

Please do me a favor to grant me these three last wishes:

• Close this thread. Close this thread and delete any replies.
  • Close any new threads about CAA1.
  • Delete my account on this site.

Thank you.

Take care.

We don't delete accounts that have active posts on the forum.

Would it be possible to prolong the timeout before current session is deleted or invalidated?

As it is now, i am often "logged out" before i finish writing a post, and even though i am not posting 100 times a day, it gets pretty annoying.

EDIT: or even better - add some simple javascript to periodically send unobtrusive XMLHttpRequest that would refresh the session.

That way, the session would last as long as the user is having these forums open, instead of just prolonging the timeout and cluttering the server session storage space even more.

Edited by 5133p39

Type faster? Never happened for me and I write some long posts, I'd suggest if you're writing something epic you simply paste it into Notepad before sending just in case......

Type faster? Never happened for me and I write some long posts, I'd suggest if you're writing something epic you simply paste it into Notepad before sending just in case......

Same for me. Maybe it's due to the settings of the browser ...

I Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C the content of my posts before submitting them. If the server somehow fails, I can either retry, or save it in a text doc and try later.

To give this post more meaning, I'll put a link to [another thread], containing an idea that should have been suggested here.

Hello Sir,

I'm consolidating all my work into one new thread to make things easier for dealing with the community. Please lock the following threads if you can. Thanks a ton!:)

1.Seal Team Six 3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92219

2.Seal Team Six 2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89399

3.Seal Team six 1

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87760

Closed all of them. :)

Why is clan a swear word?

Because it implies a collective of individuals that display zero team-play (kind of like warfare in Africa with irregular guerilla groups that do not resemble or conduct themselves like an armed force other than the use of military weaponry, the term "clan" is sometimes used there to name/describe such factions), but instead play for their own glory (their ranking on the server) rather than that of the team, which is not what OFP & ArmA1+2 are about, many complaints from people wishing to play the game in such a manner that the game is not "good" enough to play like that have been posted over the years (not realizing it's a design decision to aim for realism and not bunnyhopping). No organized military in the world uses the word "clan" either to describe any kind of unit on any kind of level. They use "fireteam" and "squad" for the smallest typical unit.

Edited by JdB

That, and I like to think I'm funny ;)

Can someone shoot the DR thread in the head and kill it already?

The thread has lasted longer than the game has.

Abs

Because it implies a collective of individuals that display zero team-play (kind of like warfare in Africa with irregular guerilla groups that do not resemble or conduct themselves like an armed force other than the use of military weaponry, the term "clan" is sometimes used there to name/describe such factions), but instead play for their own glory (their ranking on the server) rather than that of the team, which is not what OFP & ArmA1+2 are about, many complaints from people wishing to play the game in such a manner that the game is not "good" enough to play like that have been posted over the years (not realizing it's a design decision to aim for realism and not bunnyhopping). No organized military in the world uses the word "clan" either to describe any kind of unit on any kind of level. They use "fireteam" and "squad" for the smallest typical unit.

When I played Counter Strike, I was very much anti-clan, but their team play was usually quite meticulous. My brother used to play in clans all of the time. They had shorthand code for all kinds of things and would cover each other and work together. I was anti-clan because I was very much into individualistic and not team play.

Clan means 'family', by the way.

Thank you for closing the DR thread. So that this message isn't considered spam, I will ask the moderators a question:

How will [RIP] Luhgnut increase his post-count now?

Abs

Thank you for closing the DR thread. So that this message isn't considered spam, I will ask the moderators a question:

How will [RIP] Luhgnut increase his post-count now?

Abs

No problem, it was about time. :)

As for Luhgnut: No idea but I'm sure he will find some other playground.

Do I have permission to laugh at the fact that it has been announced that no other patches or *cough*DLC*cough* will be released for Dragon Failing?

Do I have permission to laugh at the fact that it has been announced that no other patches or *cough*DLC*cough* will be released for Dragon Failing?

The big "GFY and then buy our sequels if you want to keep believing in improvements" was the biggest compliment BIS as well as their customer-support could ever get. A white flag flying over the empty shell that is Codemasters. This would be awesome for a whole new thread, but I am certain either W0lle or Placebo would do nasty things to my account, so I'll pass.

Still, they got what they asked for, an answer of sorts :D It appears they responded after Templar threatened to contact as many gaming-related sites and blogs as possible.

If the moderators had known that it would end up like this, I'm pretty sure they would have let it open for a few more days for even more sarcasm to pour in. Still, oh well.

Edited by JdB

Yep, but we didn't, so please do not turn this into a new DF thread.

I just unlocked the thread in question for another 7 days. ;)

I just unlocked the thread in question for another 7 days. ;)

Haha, okay, taking my above comment back :d

Hi Mods!

I´ve done a little search, but nothing has popped up, so I thought instead of clogging up inboxes I would ask the question here.

I wanted to do a few fan-made Arrowhead themed Arma 2 ads and maybe a sig for myself, and I wanted to ask if it would be okay to use the official Logo (Arma 2 Arrowhead) for that, and if yes, if it should just be taken from the Website or if there´s any other way to get a hold of it (either as gif or png or psd)?

If necessary I will post an example of what exactly I want to do via pm.

Thanks in advance for the answer.