Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Hello there,

I have a question regarding what I should do when I follow three different threads covering a very important bug subject, but they are not getting any attention. The bug is severe and I suspect BIS would like to know about it. Unfortunately the "Troubleshooting" board gets all cluttered by people that don't bother to search or read the forum and consequently start new unnecessary threads. I don't want to join them in this chaos posting, so my question is: What do I do?

The bug I speak of, might be related to the First Aid Module and makes the campaign unplayable as hosted MP, it most likely affects any MP game. It seems like the bug creates an extreme locality discrepancy between host and client. Basically, it means that the client and host are not playing the same mission, but two parallel SP missions. I have encountered this bug before in community mods for OFP, and it unfortunately makes the MP mode unplayable. This should be of some interest, I believe.

The important threads I refer to are:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83002

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83008

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82957

Side note: It must be an annoying task for you mods to filter all the mindless threads about "My FPS is not over 30", "Texture flickering", "Score issues" etc. - Who cares? You fry bigger fish first... Hope you consider my "fish" to be big.

Regards,

Laggy

Edited by laggy

One question would be; why are you still continuing the 100kb image limit?

I understand the old forum engine was ancient and could have problems with it; but you're now using probably the best community board on the internet and you have a seperate server for the forums. Also, most people now have better connections and if the picture resolution is a problem there are vB scripts to resize them client sided.

Is it a pointless tradition or are there any solid reasons for this?

One question would be; why are you still continuing the 100kb image limit?

I understand the old forum engine was ancient and could have problems with it; but you're now using probably the best community board on the internet and you have a seperate server for the forums. Also, most people now have better connections and if the picture resolution is a problem there are vB scripts to resize them client sided.

Is it a pointless tradition or are there any solid reasons for this?

Reason remains the same, not everyone has 50Mbit unlimited broadband (I do but the world doesn't revolve around me ;))

Plenty of people around the world are still stuck on sub 512Kbit internet.

Reason remains the same, not everyone has 50Mbit unlimited broadband (I do but the world doesn't revolve around me ;))

Plenty of people around the world are still stuck on sub 512Kbit internet.

TBH anything more than 256kbits should suffice for normal forum usage if the user don't voluntarily visit the images thread.

Oh noes... not the same old story again.

In these forums we decided that the max. image size is 100kb, with a few kb tolerance. I really fail to see where the problem is, you can reduce your uber picture to below 100kb, hotlink it and place a link below to the 1000kb one. Many filehosters also offer automatic thumbnail links you can use.

Can we get an 'Ignore User' functionality on here? I would love to ignore Blueteamguy.

Abs

Can we get an 'Ignore User' functionality on here? I would love to ignore Blueteamguy.

Abs

You mean like the ignore function that's already implemented, that you ignored? ;)

ignore.jpg

I wanna start a Healthcare thread since it's such a hot topic here in the bassackwards USA. Can I do that or should I dig through and find the USA Politics thread?

Go ahead, but any deviation from that topic will result in the thread being closed.

PM any of the moderators if you have any problems.

Where can a guy go to get the latest update on ARMAII:OA without having to sift through over a hundred pages combined of useless information/speculation to find some high res screenshots and a youtube video?

My point is, can there be an official thread with media posted in it that doesn't have:

- OMG! The community is going to be split, and this is a bad business move. I should know because I am the best business man in the world, as proven by my business dynasty (in Capitalism 2).

- Wow. I can't believe they're abandoning ARMAII!

- They should use the Crytek engine. Because that totally makes sense, so lets talk about it for three pages.

Will you make this thread for me if I say 'please'?

Abs

There will be an "official" Arrowhead thread soon, but I fear it will be spammed and abused like to the other two in like nothing. :)

In the meantime you can find all available pictures in my Q&A thread (first post). AFAIK there is only one video with little to none gameplay visible.

Perhaps, and I'm just saying here, a new thread should be managed by you guys with additions being made as they come about, and then locked. Something along the lines of the screenshots thread - with a separate comments thread.

This'll save a lot of time for the rest of us that don't want to see 30 year old men arguing with 15 year old boys on the Internet.

Abs

This'll save a lot of time for the rest of us that don't want to see 30 year old men arguing with 15 year old boys on the Internet.

I am very much in favor of this idea. Separates the facts from the fiction that fans and "fans" come up with.

Indeed, it seems like any press release-style thread on this forum becomes like the BIS Forum's answer to /b/...

Yeah yeah we're on it, just some more time... :p

Done, you can find the updated Q&A thread here.

Edited by W0lle

Can we please get the bump for new votes disabled. It is so annoying.

If you need to check new posts, just use email notification. Thank you!

Can we please get the bump for new votes disabled. It is so annoying.

If you need to check new posts, just use email notification. Thank you!

Second...

Edit group at the bottom of the page then edit group icon on the next page. You can either delete the current one or upload a new one you can use then.

New post rank titles I see. Just out of interest, what is the required post count for each new rank?