Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

Who knows, maybe the mod can be seperated in a few downloads and also be offered as a whole.

However good things may be worth a longer download.

I had a 56k long anough to know how this is wink_o.gif

both. single addons and mod release.

easily possible, just a bit more effort and needs a good structure.

good structure is good in any case. wink_o.gif

@Topas.... do you have  a link where you got that Chapparal for OFP?

EDIT: Thanks Buddy

@Topas.... do you have  a link where you got that Chapparal for OFP?

Try contacting the starter of this topic wld427 wink_o.gif

Concerning the MOD's size, there are no worries to get about since it will be compressed using the 'lzma' way with NSIS system.

Therefore, the MOD's size won't be higher than ~550 MB.

Vilas mentioned the size of the previous internal BETA which uses a simple compression structure, bwah... an obsolete reference, to say the least. ;]

-----------

And if this measure still doesn't satisfy some of you, then simply grab a free download manager, get a look below:

Link

Regards,

TB

Credits for the MTLB model and textures go to PSC/Sebastian Müller offcourse.

I guess most OFP vets will know him pretty well.

Back then he gave me permission for a re-release of the MTLBs as RHS pack, since RHS isnt too active anymore i assume he is ok with us releasing it with P85.

In case not please PM me.

Credits for the MTLB model and textures go to PSC/Sebastian Müller offcourse.

I guess most OFP vets will know him pretty well.

Back then he gave me permission for a re-release of the MTLBs as RHS pack, since RHS isnt too active anymore i assume he is ok with us releasing it with P85.

In case not please PM me.

Does that mean we will see all version of his OFP pack in P85? Including the SA-13? smile_o.gif

Actually i think no as we already have some AA systems like a reskinned version of Scars SA-6 but its very likely that the SA-13 will follow in a later released "booster" pack.

Oh lovely btr's! Btw how many choppers and aircraft do you guys have in the mod? smile_o.gif for west and east side? smile_o.gif

Don't expect many aircrafts since these are currently not the main focus of our work.

But be sure that would be a bunch of replacements intended to represent what was widely used during the MOD's era in terms of aircrafts (Fixed/Rotary wings).

Regards,

TB

I am wondering.........what are you hiding there?

Texture bugs?

Actually the MTLB is not less not more than a straight OFPconvert with normals applied / modifications carried out that are  not seen to an eye [optimised / textures merged etc.]

Will show it in full daylight once the LWP and Resistance ambulance verisons are made with textures fitting to the rest of P'85 hardware wink_o.gif

According to Vilas for now it will only be Medic MTLB in the mod for now, maybe we can add the rest later.

I have a little question for the people that follow our mod and this thread frequently:

There is a topic that leads to a tiny firestorm within the team on nearly weekly basis.

Would it really be better to just release the addons?

---

So if everyone would think about it for more then 10 seconds and then post his opinion here it would be nice.

I dont say that it will influence anything but still id like to hear opinions.

For me single addons usually get old very fast but the chance to make something that can be played for years like for example FFUR is far too tempting.

Even if I'm @ war with vilas (kinda), here's my 2 cents:

Release it as a complete Mod.

As you said, a single addon gets used in the editor for a while and then people move on to the next. Only a few actually use addons in their missions then and make use of the work (combat photography pictures don't count for me).

Also, if someone wants to make a full scale mission (or campaign) using most or not all P'85 addons it is a pain to keep track and list all of the released addons.

The only good thing I see in releasing single addons is that the download size is smaller if they needs to be patched.

Take all the time you guys need to release it in one piece and without any major bugs. A rushed release helps no one.

What stops you from doing both single and pack?

Pack is my preference, I think W0lle pretty much mentioned it all.

Well we already have a huge range of east hardware compared to not so many west hardware.

Vilas wants the sides more balanced number wise which i can understand.

So a medic MTLB was needed because the LWP forces didnt use medic BMPs like the Russians.

In other words it was added just because this one really was needed.

Offcourse i would love to have a armed one aswell but that has to wait for a while i guess.

I have a little question for the people that follow our mod and this thread frequently:

There is a topic that leads to a tiny firestorm within the team on nearly weekly basis.

Would it really be better to just release the addons?

---

So if everyone would think about it for more then 10 seconds and then post his opinion here it would be nice.

I dont say that it will influence anything but still id like to hear opinions.

For me single addons usually get old very fast but the chance to make something that can be played for years like for example FFUR is far too tempting.

Even if I'm @ war with vilas (kinda), here's my 2 cents:

Release it as a complete Mod.

As you said, a single addon gets used in the editor for a while and then people move on to the next. Only a few actually use addons in their missions then and make use of the work (combat photography pictures don't count for me).

Also, if someone wants to make a full scale mission (or campaign) using most or not all P'85 addons it is a pain to keep track and list all of the released addons.

The only good thing I see in releasing single addons is that the download size is smaller if they needs to be patched.

Take all the time you guys need to release it in one piece and without any major bugs. A rushed release helps no one.

I agree 100% with W0lle.

The only thing that would be great would be taking more time making standalones for the people that want to use only one or two things.  Something I would also say with the standalones is that you should try to make it so that the standalones works with the mod.  For example, a person adds, lets say a tank and a helicopter to a mission using the mod. Well instead of just the people that have the mod playing it, people that have the two standalones/addons that were used in the mission can also play it.  This is kind of hard to explain, but do you get what I'm kind of saying?

Im not really worried about download size.  I have a 8Mbps download.  Me personally; I'm probably going to download the full mod pack.  

Im not saying release the addons now, Im saying release the standalone addons when or after the mod comes out.  Even if this means taking a little bit longer.  Devs stated that ArmA 2 is backward compatible with addons.  So theres no rush  wink_o.gif

Last thing.  I dont know why I call addons, standalones.  Is that the right term used for addons that are seperated from a big mod?

----EDIT----

@Shadow NX. I dont know if you have seen this website: http://www4.army.mil/ARMYIMAGES/

It might help you find some west/blufor content to even things up.

Aye, I agree, but the best thing would be if you can release the pack with every addon as a stand-alone, or at least the tanks needing the just the crew or the infantry the weapons.

I dont know if you have seen this website (...) It might help you find some west/blufor content to even things up.

Thanks for the suggestions and input;

And me personally would suggest visiting this one -> http://www.primeportal.net/the_battlefield_armor.htm

Some nice finds among the HUGE list of hardware. Really worth seein wink_o.gif

Full "Project'85 Mod!

Maybe splitting it only for smaller downloads into "Project'85 Mod Episode East" and "Project'85 Mod Episode West". People could start with making eastern scenarios and later switch to another -west- point of view. And after both side told their stories they switch to independent side. smile_o.gif

Well we already have a huge range of east hardware compared to not so many west hardware.

Vilas wants the sides more balanced number wise which i can understand.

Maybe you will release all the stuff without "balancing"? The main balance, in my opinion, should be in unit parameters (armor, ammo etc.). And if some side have a couple of APCs more than other, it wouldn't be bad. smile_o.gif

Please release P85 with an full replacement config, this would be much better than it would only work with missions that are made for p85.

Can`t wait to get back to the "good old times". inlove.gif