Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

nice looking m109!  thumbs-up.gif  though it doesn't look anything to the paladins i had in mind, ( Usa paladin tanks from C&c generals )

but sure looks sweet anyways! What features will they have? Sort of like a mobile D-30 cannon or does it  work like a artillery with a trajectory on the rounds and all?  smile_o.gif

That's cause it ain't a Paladin. They sure do look nice.

DIMENSIONS

All Models

Length

hull                 20 ft  4 in (6.19 m) <<<<<<<<

Width

over skirts          10 ft  4 in (3.15 m)

Tracks

length on ground     12 ft  1 in (3.69 m)

width                 1 ft  3 in (0.38 m)

Ground clearance         1 ft  6 in (0.46 m)

M109A2/A3

Length

gun forward          29 ft 11 in (9.12 m)

Width

with ADMG            10 ft  9 in (3.28 m)

M109A6 Paladin

Length

with rear box        22 ft  4 in (6.81 m)

gun forward          31 ft  9 in (9.68 m)

Width

with ADMG            10 ft  7 in (3.24 m)

over side boxes      12 ft 10 in (3.92 m)

and please take under mind that BIS arma man is "tall and well trained"

Does this mean that I need to refresh this page every 15 seconds whistle.gif

better not as you would have to do it nearly over 90.000 times   wow_o.gif

and thats like... 6,25 hours? biggrin_o.gif

= release at midnightish? :P (and i know thats not true)

that was some terrible counting from my side...

it´s rather 15,625 days...

and that makes... well... december 24th wich is christmas eve..

or actually it would be december 25th as thats generally the day christmas is celebrated (not in sweden though, we celebrate christmas eve and not christmas day)

Some news about the beta or maybe island I guess.

Why would people stay tuned for like 15 days...the suprise would had been bigger when they release it 24-25 december as what was kinda suggested or mentioned xmas_o.gif

And anyone should know that I will not refresh every 15 seconds....I am not even waiting for the release thanx to the great patching of arma whistle.gif

Why would people stay tuned for like 15 days...the suprise would had been bigger when they release it 24-25 december as what was kinda suggested or mentioned xmas_o.gif

And anyone should know that I will not refresh every 15 seconds....I am not even waiting for the release thanx to the great patching of arma whistle.gif

what? Is there a new patch released? smile_o.gif

Where can i get it? inlove.gif

Thats why i said over 90.000 as the timezones differ quite a bit tounge2.gif

Currently things are in a detailled test phase so lets hope we dont find too many probs that may delay things...

oh no, now that you said it, you're going to hit major problems.

Wow topas, you really got the spam going today.  wink_o.gif

hehe, and imagine all because of just 2 words and a pic whistle.gif

Guys, that's really an awesome M109; right now I don't know whether the Bundeswehr had M109s with the longer barrel (that would be the M109A3G). By my research they used the M109G with the short barrel.

The M109 is not very big; the M109A6 from DKM that was used by the COC UA in OFP was way oversized.

Look at pictures with soldiers standing nearby, you'll see that the M109 is pretty low. Assuming that smaller soldiers (and not 1.80m guys) are servicing those vehicles, it looks OK.

Guys, that's really an awesome M109; right now I don't know whether the Bundeswehr had M109s with the longer barrel (that would be the M109A3G). By my research they used the M109G with the short barrel.

The M109 is not very big; the M109A6 from DKM that was used by the COC UA in OFP was way oversized.

Look at pictures with soldiers standing nearby, you'll see that the M109 is pretty low. Assuming that smaller soldiers (and not 1.80m guys) are servicing those vehicles, it looks OK.

As far as I know the the german M109G (similar to the M109A1 and A2) were upgraded to the M109A3GEA1 (with long barrel) in the beginning of the 80's.

http://www.panzerbaer.de/guns/bw_pzh_155mm_m109-a.htm (in german)

From 1980 Bundeswehr used the M109A3GEA1 and from 2002 till 2007 Bundeswehr used the upgraded M109A3GEA2 version with new barrel and AURORA system. PzH2000 replaced the old M109's.

Which (artillery) vehicles are on NVA side ready to use in Project'85? BM-70? SS-23?

First it was M109G with short barrel, then the M109A3G witch was a M109A3 with a different barrel muzzlebreak and smokelaunchers and stuff.

Didnt know if you seen this but the FFAA Mod has a M548 that would go really well with your M109's.

M548

Just needs a reskin and a 50 cal and its gold smile_o.gif

When the new beta 1.15 patch is as good as it sounding then I demand a release tounge2.gif

Just kiddin` I am only wondering why it is so quiet inhere the last 2 weeks wink_o.gif

Once more i made the mistake to anounce a release for a certain day and once more it bites me in the arse.

The release will be delayed but not for long.

We need to make sure a few more things are fixed before we can release so sorry but saddly we cant give the promised present today.

Maybe it helps a bit when i say that the mod as a whole makes great progress lately with lots of new anims thanks to modul ( for now only static, like gunner poses etc. ), islands with lots of new objects and also missions.

Most of it will not make it in the first release but we will update the mod often once it was released.

It's been quiet here because they are most likely trying to wrap up the first release. There's really no point in addressing all the impatience and questions about a release date.

Who cares about news or progress reports anyways, when the release actually arrives nobody will care about that stuff.

ShadowNX,

It's just a damn shame people can't stop pressing for a release date. It's understandable that it's been delayed, no worries here. If people don't like the fact it's been delayed... F%@k 'em. They're not the ones busting their asses for the communities enjoyment. For the sake of all you content creators, I wish people would get that through their heads.

Take care bud and merry Xmas to you and p'85. I hope you guys aren't stressing over the delay. When it's ready, it's ready. I will be happy when that day comes. But even more so, I'm thankful for people like you guys that spend your free time busting collective asses for our enjoyment.