Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

Hey folks if anyone of you is a capable modeller with focus on Nato vehicles then let me know via PM or mail.

If you have knowledge about textures even better.

Vilas is rather unhappy with the fact that we have so many WP vehicles and not that many NATO counterparts, so especially things like the M-109, or a Illtis for german forces are needed.

A M109 MLOD is available by vectorbosons OFP Mod: OFP M109, Mars ++ for OFP

When he grants the permission, the MLOD should be pretty good reusalbe for ArmA.

I am still working on my own projects, so someone else may ask vektorboson for conversion permission.

Hey folks if anyone of you is a capable modeller with focus on Nato vehicles then let me know via PM or mail.

If you have knowledge about textures even better.

Vilas is rather unhappy with the fact that we have so many WP vehicles and not that many NATO counterparts, so especially things like the M-109, or a Illtis for german forces are needed.

A M109 MLOD is available by vectorbosons OFP Mod: OFP M109, Mars ++ for OFP

When he grants the permission, the MLOD should be pretty good reusalbe for ArmA.

I am still working on my own projects, so someone else may ask vektorboson for conversion permission.

rofl.gif

Nobody needs to ask me, as I'm quite liberal with my work. There is no need to ask permission to use/modify any of my stuff (be it ACES, or the Bundeswehr M113+Artillery pack).

Since I'm a (now inactive) P85 member, I would've brought those with me anyway.

Nevertheless, I doubt that my models are good enough for ArmA-standards. But they're good enough as place holders.

I saw the cold war addons in the OFP section and was about to propose the same wink_o.gif think it's worth a try. It's not the first time we'd be building upon ofp originated stuff - bringing to standards can be done for sure

I had the thought when I first saw this one

us_chaparall_5.jpg

wink_o.gif

Do you plan to include a missile based AA for Opfor, like the Tunguska?

The Chaparall could counter this, but I regard the M6 Linebacker to be the Blufor counterpart (although I dunno when the M6 was introduced).

But a Chaparall conversion could reuse some parts from the BI-Sample M113, which I think is the platform for the Chaparall.

Ups.. Just noticed that is is spelled "Chaparral" fas.org link

Polish reconaissance unit is being reported as M.I.A. Only the camera has been retrieved and this blurry shot was one that survived from the film strip...

evidll4.jpg

crazy_o.gif

Polish reconaissance unit is being reported as M.I.A. Only the camera has been retrieved and this blurry shot was one that survived form the film strip...

p><p> [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/crazy_o.gif' alt='crazy_o.gif'>

Does this mean that a attack or counter attack is going to be launched soon tounge2.gif

actually I hope this means a release will be launched..between now and 24 hours tounge2.gif

Keep dreamin`ShadowY rofl.gif

nice pic. thumbs-up.gif

Polish reconaissance unit is being reported as M.I.A. Only the camera has been retrieved and this blurry shot was one that survived form the film strip...

p><p> [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/crazy_o.gif' alt='crazy_o.gif'>

Does this mean that a attack or counter attack is going to be launched soon  tounge2.gif

actually I hope this means a release will be launched..between now and 24 hours tounge2.gif

Keep dreamin`ShadowY  rofl.gif

nice pic. thumbs-up.gif

This means that the red echo of 2S1's will finally be interrupted by these big barrels' tunes in response wink_o.gif

re release? I don't have a clue... xmas_o.gif

Is a release coming soon? Huh?? Huh?? Huh?? crazy_o.gif

Jesus.

I'm sure a release will come when stuff is ready. wink_o.gif

Nice pic topas. I like the concept.

1 of curently 3 ready textures to be implemented to the Resistance BTR-152

Here an Ex-Polish-People's-Army vehicle [late 50's / early 60's].

res4di5.jpg

res3ps1.jpg

res2ib3.jpg

res1iz8.jpg

2 experimental camo schemes developed in the resitance garages ready as well. Screenshooting will take place tommorow.

-----------

re release

At the moment we're quite busy polishing the stuff to be included in the upcoming internal Beta wink_o.gif

Please don't expect any release dates as we may be able to give an estimate after the 0.4b is tested and performs as a perfectly stable and reliable platform  smile_o.gif

cheers everybody

Whoa .. awesome texturing on this one thumbs-up.gif

Did you guys clone an army of Marfy´s? Confess! biggrin_o.gif

Topas,

Just don't even reply to the release thing. If people can't get it through they're heads by now that good things take time and it will be done when it's done, screw em.

When the day finally arrives, we will all be excited. But until that time, we all have to wait patiently. Besides, it's you guys devoting your time to this project. The rest of us are just along for the ride, and the screen shots of course. wink_o.gif

Nice pics again. This Mod is gonna kick some serious a$$. Thanks for the updated shots.

Topas,

Just don't even reply to the release thing. If people can't get it through they're heads by now that good things take time and it will be done when it's done, screw em.

When the day finally arrives, we will all be excited. But until that time, we all have to wait patiently. Besides, it's you guys devoting your time to this project. The rest of us are just along for the ride, and the screen shots of course. wink_o.gif

Nice pics again. This Mod is gonna kick some serious a$$. Thanks for the updated shots.

huh.gif  banghead.gif

Why don`t you just read what I said and he answered..

great looking BTR 152 thumbs-up.gif

WAW! Really nice BTR-152

I have a little question for the people that follow our mod and this thread frequently:

There is a topic that leads to a tiny firestorm within the team on nearly weekly basis.

Would it really be better to just release the addons?

---

So if everyone would think about it for more then 10 seconds and then post his opinion here it would be nice.

I dont say that it will influence anything but still id like to hear opinions.

For me single addons usually get old very fast but the chance to make something that can be played for years like for example FFUR is far too tempting.

I like addon releases, personally. I'd take WGL again over FFUR anyday, just because I like to have a sandbox to play around in, create missions, etc... And, if I periodically get new toys for my sandbox, all the better! smile_o.gif

Also, It'd be pretty quick before there was a P85 Warfare conversion up, I'm sure.

Shadow, I think you answered your own question pal of which I agree on.

A single release is fun for afew minutes in map editor, maybe afew screenshots but would soon dissapear under the vast amount of single addon releases currently coming from the community,

I would suggest that the Project '85 team keep working on the addons to a high quality and release them in a 85' pack with all the trimmings.

Fact is 'Mods' if you like are much more popular then single releases, also think of the multiplayer aspect. Usually the odd server might compile an addon list which is mighty handy but still having to download half a dozen seperate addons is obviously not ideal whereas with a large pack. Its one big download and alot of fun. Im sure you would agree that FDF, 44' Mod and CSLA are shining examples of this.

Im sure others would agree with me, there is no need to rush this.

My 2 cents.

Pro:

- mission makers get addons to make mission, play with missions made by community instead of waiting for all big pack with mod engine and rest of addons

Steve don't ask "yourself answering questions"

if you say ", try it in the editor and in most cases never use it again" than it is not truth, this way EVERY OTHER addon released has no sense

but there are people making missions for released addons, there are mission playing multiplayer with released addons

but there are people making missions for released addons, there are mission playing multiplayer with released addons

but how many of them? 2%?

I forgot to add, a first release is definatly planned for 2008.

Atm id say its 90% secure.

@Vilas

I didnt say every addon... but on most addons that is exactly the effect it has for me... test and forget.

And about missions, well s we use replacement files you already have lots of ArmA missions you can replay with P85 content.

Good start, and later people can make direct P85 missions.

Whats an estimate on how big is this mod going to be (file size wise)?

Im just asking that because if its going to be real big, are you planning on doing standalones? Standalones are nice because a person can use that sandalone for replacing units, tanks, and aircrafts in other missions. For example evolution. Just an idea though.

Me personally, I wished some of the big mods did that such as FFAA and ADF core pack. Dont get me wrong though. I still love the big pack for missions that use the hole pack and SP Campaign.

This is only my opinion though.

many people on our part of world still has 256 kb/s connections, people from Russia asked me several times to divide VIBI into smaller packs cause for them 80 MB of download was too big, i remember myself having 256 kb/s connection 2 years ago

downloading 50 mb addon was a problem

mod size in archive ... last beta internal 0.3, without island and some vehciles was 920 MB 7Zip sad_o.gif

we try do the best

I have found for project RACS people are very happy with the individual downloads. Also lets them custom tailor thier missions to time period and equipment level they want. The downloads are very small and quick. Implimentation is easy....