sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Vlad88667, can you please check your arma.rpt file, my squad has serious problems with 1.06 (laggy, cpu 100% on server) and it seems that ACE_Wounds reports a lot of problems.

Examples:

String (4040.54) ace_sys_wound - Using Name function in respawn script not found

String (4229.54) ace_sys_wound - Using Name function in respawn script not found

WARNING: Function 'name' - 18a97800# 245395: 5t_guntruck.p3d has no unit

- network id 2:384

It can be found at: Documents and Settings/[nickname]/Local Settings/Application Data/ArmA/

Delete the file and start the game, play around with ACE on client/dedicated and then report if anything big pops out in the report (rpt) file.

Very much it would be desirable to see the facilitated / easy version ACE,

Without new the soldier, weapon and military machines, only effects, sounds and configurations.:)

First, i want to congratulate the ACE's dev for this impressive mod

but i have a old config i am agree with that.  sad_o.gif

A "light" ACE could be great with only the ACE's "core" features for a  vanilla ArmA. smile_o.gif

Another request :

that is possible to tweak the ACE mod to disable wounds effects or medic's capability for exemple

for, off course, a personel use (i'm only a single player) ?

My scripting knowledge is ... non-existent, crazy_o.gif

could you help me ?

I beg your pardon for my poor english,

have a nice day. wink_o.gif

Without new the soldier, weapon and military machines, only effects, sounds and configurations.:)

First, i want to congratulate the ACE's dev for this impressive mod

but i have a old config i am agree with that.  sad_o.gif

A "light" ACE could be great with only the ACE's "core" features for a  vanilla ArmA. smile_o.gif

Another request :

that is possible to tweak the ACE mod to disable wounds effects or medic's capability for exemple

for, off course, a personel use (i'm only a single player) ?

My scripting knowledge is ... non-existent, crazy_o.gif

could you help me ?

I beg your pardon for my poor english,

have a nice day. wink_o.gif

Do you speak russian? I make only 3D models , very little , and not full.

What i do help for you?

@IceBreakr

Should I post the output here? I found the file but don't understand how it works at all...

This same topic has been discussed, put down, and brought back up again only about half a dozen times already. Firstly, ACE is intended to be a full conversion. There has never been a (public) plan to make an ACE "light". Secondly, ACE isn't designed to be modular. You can't just take an aspect of ACE and move it over to something else. Thirdly, if you want to use a custom addon with ACE, it has to be ACE-compatible. This is by design because of the previous two statements.

Also, putting your whole post in bold is a whole lot like putting it in all caps. confused_o.gif

Vlad88667: upload it somewhere (free services on the web) and post link here so we can inspect it if you have the same problems.

For those of you looking for quality ACE missions, take a glance at Operation Mongoose.

inlove.gif

Thanks Dslyecxi.

I was just looking for a good ACE mission.

This looks like a really top notch mission.

wink_o.gif

here it is arma.rpt

Nothing critical there and mostly not even connected with ACEmod. There are errors in opxbuildings (Opteryx map objects) and even UK Forces mod (weapons)... you have a "nice" mix of addons installed there wink_o.gif

Thanks for the info IceBreakr, so it's not the ACE mod that is slowing things down? or is it normal because they have added so much new stuff to the game? I remember WGL had the same problem: the team was always going for more "pretty to look at" stuff but then reversed to "better gameplay and framerate" stuff because it was droping fps, is it the same with ACE?

ps. thx for the "nice" addons comment wink_o.gif could they be the cause of slowdowns even though they aren't loaded in the file path when I play with ACE mod? ( I've got about 8gigs of addons, is that too much?)

What he is trying to say is that is pretty hard to tell what exactly is causing your slow-downs atm, since you are using so many other addons besides ACE, the rpt file you provided is pretty much useless (i have actually moved your rpt file to an opened ticket about this issue you been having without actually checking it before i did, but the info there is not conclusive at all)

For future references, if you think ACE is causing the problems but you are using any other addons (in your case, quite a lot of other), try playing without them for a few, see if the behavior is the same,if it is, post your rpt and whatever other info here, or even better, @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod/issues

Pufu: It seems that dedicated running on linux reports different as running dedicated on windows system. Can you please check that out?

Hello all,

Had a flick through these pages but could'nt find anything mentioning it (after reading a few pages of something my mind goes blank). I make missions for me and my freind to play online, so as usual i test the respawn like i test every aspect of my missions to check thier working and it worked fine. However when i play online with my freind suddenly it dos'nt work.

So we tried it with only the ACE mod 1.06 and ArmA patch 1.14 but still the problem persisted, we then moved on to default ArmA missions with just the ACE mod but still it dos'nt work.

So to put it simple, why dosnt the respawn work when both me and my freind play when using the ACE mod. Please could someone help.

Regards,

LEGION7698

Tried it without ACE, but it works fine (like i say its only when my freind is playing, without him its fine), as a bench mark i've tried playing ArmA deffault mission "Urban raid (coop 6)". More than likely its something wrong with my freinds side as we get other problems with him (any Ai squad over 4 men wont follow him or his commands, for instance). Just thought i'd check with you guys first to see if it was something known to you.

Regards,

LEGION7698

Try the mission without ACE...

Bet the problem will stay...

Respawn is hardly an ACE issue...

Are you an ACE developer?

Hey guys, sorry if thats been asked before, but is it possible to rescale the UI or make UI elements smaller/change position.

I hate the huge GPS window in the middle of my screen.

thats what i mean:

UI.jpg