sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

After about a month after the previous release, we would like to present to you: Patch 5

The new version is available as update, and as full setup.

Sorry for the update size, though we hope we have resolved the 'long/malformed faces' bug, amongst many others.

Changelog

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Changelog#v1.05

Download

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....se_1.05

Thanks for everyone's reports and feedback!

Dont wanna complain but how many patches will there be, seems like a neverending story...

As long as the modding community make new complex Addons, i believe ACE will continue to be patched quite a simple calculation really whistle.gif

Dont wanna complain but how many patches will there be, seems like a neverending story...

neverending story leads to perfection, that's the only possible way

BTW, i have spotted first bugs...

on opfor Su-27/30,on all planes i can see all weapon loadouts. Shouldn't some be like hiden selections or something?

And what about RPG-7Vs with optics? Shouldn't that optic device be vissible on RPG it self?

Other then that, i love new Carl Gustav M3 recoiless rifle, it looks just like real, even optics. Interior in BRDMS is sweet.

I wonder why AH-6 are U.S. army green skinned...

P.S. before instaling v.1.05 i uninstaled patch fest to v.1.04 and instaled clean full v.1.05.

I get kicked from my own server all the time because of a wrong signature for ace_sys_missles.pbo.

Quote[/b] ]13:08:05 Player Mr.g-c: Wrong signature for file @ACE\addons\ace_sys_missiles.pbo

Even though i have both on server and client 1.05 installed and wven copied the file for test from the servers addons and its bit-for-bit identical (same goes for key-file).

Korresponding ticket: http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=1274

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

7239483.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/7239483.gif[/IMG]

If you prefere a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - A.C.E. Mod (v.1.05) - [780 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

Quickly found bugs and issues:

1. M79 doesn't take yellow M203 flare, although it appears fixed for regular M203 weapons, and the other colors work.

2. Can't add ACE_Breaching properly. I'm missing an inventory model although it shows up when you click on the empty slot it was assigned to. I also can't place it.

3. Default ACE full crate still contains Time Bomb, which doesn't seem to have a working function. Satchel is ok though.

4. BMD1 (lovely btw!!!wink_o.gif crew doesn't seem to shoot very well with coax. Kept missing an MH6 forever. Forgot to check if they engage with 'sidearms' wink_o.gif and 'rocket'.

5. On the new digital compass, the yellow indicators travels off in the oposite direction when you turn the turret. Unsure what vehicle I tested it on.

6. US Army Inf has a Designated Marksman. This unit is missing from the woodland set.

And a request: Is it possible to have the US Army Inf officer also in the woodland set, with that name? The woodland officer (looks like a regular grunt) could also be in both versions as an officer2.

New variable will save my day, because you anticipated a need with it I forgot, possibility to carry backpack/rocket or two rockets!! Nicely done, thx.

Quote[/b] ]And what about RPG-7Vs with optics? Shouldn't that optic device be vissible on RPG it self?

The readme suggests it will come later. I can live with that. Now, if I could only actually learn this optics biggrin_o.gif

ow darn, I have read readme not carefull enough lol huh.gif

1. on opfor Su-27/30,on all planes i can see all weapon loadouts. Shouldn't some be like hiden selections or something?

2. And what about RPG-7Vs with optics? Shouldn't that optic device be vissible on RPG it self?

3. I wonder why AH-6 are U.S. army green skinned...

1. Wasnt able to reproduce yet. Will try again later

2. Yes, when its ready

3. Stock ArmA Ah6 are green (normal army paint), might get black if 160th SOAR will be implemented.

Quickly found bugs and issues:

1. M79 doesn't take yellow M203 flare, although it appears fixed for regular M203 weapons, and the other colors work.

3. Default ACE full crate still contains Time Bomb, which doesn't seem to have a working function. Satchel is ok though.

5. On the new digital compass, the yellow indicators travels off in the oposite direction when you turn the turret. Unsure what vehicle I tested it on.

1. Missed that one yet.

3. Timebombs seem to have a problem within A1, can remember having problems in vanilla.

5. That is from vanilla A1, indicating the difference to the upper/lower turret or hull. The digital compass is showing the direction in numbers only.

Aushilfe @ Mar. 16 2009,15:02)]

1. on opfor Su-27/30,on all planes i can see all weapon loadouts. Shouldn't some be like hiden selections or something?

well this might help, i run arma with lowest settings.

and exe looks like this:

-nosplash -mod=DBE1;@ACE;@aceip;@HWM

BTW, i have spotted that bluefor antitank infantry assistant(both ACU and BDU) have no ammo for that carl gustav m3.

P.S. how can i convert your weapons config.bin to cpp format, i want to see what are the damage values for those 3 different carl gustav's rockets?

Update: Oddly enough, the smoke another time did not lag... Weird. Dont know if its some combo of gear/units that caused smoke to lag like hell. But started another mission and the smoke didnt lag at all. So i wont say that the smoke lags the game more with ACE 1.05.

Very nice to carry rockets! Couldnt carry the AT-4's though.

And a small note: When having a shotgun (eotech) and 6 slug + 6 buck 9rnd, the buck will disapear from invent when adding a glock 18 (only pistol i tested with). Adding the pistol or removing it will drop the 6 last mags. This might happen with other weapons as well. Didnt test. Just so you know.

I truly appreciate all the work you guys put in to give us a far nicer experience! smile_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Just a small note, you can allso update/compare Ace via AddonSync2009 Beta 1.0.2 (updated to ACE 1.05)

Don't forget to remove extra files after you've downloaded.

Quote[/b] ]Stock ArmA Ah6 are green (normal army paint), might get black if 160th SOAR will be implemented.

The only aviation unit in the U.S. Army that has the AH and MH-6s in the 160th.

I would stop downloading 1.05 now..... its bugged in MP games.

Furthermore, guys use alternative mirrors FFS... the ACE Forums is almost unreachable/down since hours because of you nasty downloaders.....

Any idea for this error? I downloaded the FULL version of the exe.

arma2009-03-1616-53-55-20.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I would stop downloading 1.05 now..... its bugged in MP games.

Could you expand on that?

EDIT: Could those have anything to do with this?

Quote[/b] ]Implemented pbo presence check for clients on dedicated servers. Options configurable through ace_serverconfig in dta/ace

Daniel @ Mar. 16 2009,18:02)]
Quote[/b] ]I would stop downloading 1.05 now..... its bugged in MP games.

Could you expand on that?

EDIT: Could those have anything to do with this?

Quote[/b] ]Implemented pbo presence check for clients on dedicated servers. Options configurable through ace_serverconfig in dta/ace

1. look the two posts above yours

2. yes i think this is the problem, or that the ace_sys_respawn.pbo is missing.

These errors must be fixed soon as possible ,because 1.05 version in MP makes unplayable crazy_o.gif

Furthermore, guys use alternative mirrors FFS... the ACE Forums is almost unreachable/down since hours because of you nasty downloaders.....

Lulz - none of the mirrors work (or are overloaded)

Eth

Lulz - none of the mirrors work (or are overloaded)

Eth

They prob stoped them as the missing pbo.

The PBO was intentionally removed, however, there was a mix-up and the pbo was still being checked.

We will release a small hotfix in the next hours.

For now, server operators could add the addon in their Exclusion list (new .hpp file in ArmA\dta\ACE).

There is no reason to quit downloading 1.05.

1.06 Hotfix will be available as a few MB patch.