sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Yomatools2009 Beta 1.0.2 server is updated with Ace 1.0.6

bug:

bug on Su-27s and Su-30s

For recreation, these might help:

Arma.cfg:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=7389.000000;

Resolution_W=1024;

Resolution_H=768;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=75;

FSAA=-1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4318,913,0";

localVRAM=258990080;

nonlocalVRAM=144703487;

winX=0;

winY=0;

winW=1024;

winH=738;

winDefW=1280;

winDefH=1024;

Gedis.ArmaProfile:

version=2;

blood=1;

viewDistance=1200;

terrainGrid=50.000000;

volumeCD=10;

volumeFX=10;

volumeSpeech=10;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.000000;

brightness=1.000000;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

sceneComplexity=150000.000000;

shadingQuality=0;

shadowQuality=1;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=0;

anisoFilter=-1;

TexQuality=-1;

postFX=0;

useWBuffer=0;

controller="Default";

vibrations=1;

class ControllerSchemes

{

};

Just a question.

The adding a sound to a trigger, I'm getting this:

missing-sounds.png

Why are there these blank holes??

If I use the editor and insert a group or any unit, then try to edit the settings of that unit, I get this:

strange-editor.png

This dos not happen in vanilla ArmA or even with the beta 1.15.

It was the same "error" on ACE 1.04 and 1.06. Haven't tested with 1.05.

edit: filesize too big

If I use the editor and insert a group or any unit, then try to edit the settings of that unit, I get this:

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums....tor.png

This dos not happen in vanilla ArmA or even with the beta 1.15.

It was the same "error" on ACE 1.04 and 1.06. Haven't tested with 1.05.

edit: filesize too big

It's probably because the group is made with "placeholder" units, units which don't exist, and another unit is actually taking their place, so when you try to edit them, you get the default unit for the side and you can change it to any existing unit.

You can see what I mean if you place one of the BLUFOR helicopter squads and notice that the units actually say they're Kiowas, but when you try to edit them, you'll get a default edit window, and ingame if you don't touch anything, the "Kiowas" are actually Littlebirds.

what your saying is making some kind of sense, but are there any way for the great ACE team to sort this thing out? or do I have to live with it?

I just love ACE, so I'm just asking what I need to do about it.

Can anyone confirm that the ACE_version is meant NOT! to be a .pbo icon_rolleyes.gif

Dear A.C.E. Interestees,

Due to several reasons we are moving from our current host, and forums/tracker system, to Dev-Heaven.net.

We are in the process of moving over; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/ace-mod

If you wish to continue reporting or discussing, please sign up at the above site.

www.acemod.net/forums goes on read-only for archival purposes atm.

Regards,

The A.C.E. Team

Thanks a lot to everyone who reports, supplies feedback and especially the ones hosting mirrors thanks so much!

@Spliff; it is a pbo. Just delete the folder that got slipped in by accident wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]+ Ai Vehiclegunner not engaging [Aushilfe]

Playing on the island of barbuda and also ACE-Rahmadi., the AI still dont engage.

I tested the ACE GAU hummer and TUSK tank, both times I had to say engage to get AI to fire. For Bradley they engaged by themselves smile_o.gif

I is loving the ACE mod.  Thanks for all the updates and the mod itself. : notworthy.gif

Are you using ACE only or any other mods?

I have justed tested 1.05 full patched to 1.06 and the tanks are engaging infantry with Coax-MG and HEAT rounds. (M113, M1A2 SEP, Stryker MGS)

You are not the first one reporting this issue. Makes me wonder, cause it works perfectly on my end.

Quote[/b] ]Are you using ACE only or any other mods?

I have justed tested 1.05 full patched to 1.06 and the tanks are engaging infantry with Coax-MG and HEAT rounds. (M113, M1A2 SEP, Stryker MGS)

You are not the first one reporting this issue. Makes me wonder, cause it works perfectly on my end.

No other mods being used.   You might want to post quick test mission to ensure I am using what you are using.  Like I said it happens with the hummers (love the gattling gun), the AI simply don't engage.  

EDIT

See my test mission below

Aushilfe I porked that mission, just edit it and make yourself the bluefor ranger outside the hummer. This will fit my actions outlined below

See http://files.filefront.com/test+ai....fo.html

Note, it happens when I enter a vehicle.  I have not tested being allocated driver position in the first instance.

My actions are that I get into the hummer, then move to driver position and then proceed north towards OPFOR.

@ nobrainer,

edit : open up the arma\dta\ace folder, look for the file :

ace_clientside_config.hpp

in that file, look for :

Quote[/b] ]*

"ACE Mod" - "Class hiding"

Hide BIS classes: set "ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS" to "visible"

NOTE: it's 2x a underline ( _ ) before "hidden" or "visible"

*/

#define visible 2

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __hidden

change it from hidden to visible

Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned but Im not going through 118 pages.

I just wanted to address 2 things that I find annoying (in an otherwise great mod).

1 . Why do the Helos only have enough fuel to stay airborne for 10 minutes (or less)

I've heard several people harp on about realism and yet this has obviously been done on purpose and is entirely innacurate.

Which brings me to my next point.

2. As much as not allowing helo pilots to use Hellfire's et al may be "realistic", it effectively breaks any SP mission that uses the Cobra (or any other 2 seat helo).

There really should be an option to turn that off for those who dont want it.

I totally understand having it to encourage coop play but making it an option would be a great addition for those who like ACE in an SP environment.

Cheers for the great mod smile_o.gif

Eth

I feel that bf2 fan is somewhere very very close...

on topic, what about my reported bug with Su-27s and 30s?

I feel that bf2 fan is somewhere very very close...

on topic, what about my reported bug with Su-27s and 30s?

Lol, I feel a troll is very, very close.

You think that 10 minutes fuel is realistic do you?

The way BIS designed the game in SP renders the choppers ( 2 seat Attack helos) USELESS while using ACE.

Eth

PS : Whats even funnier about your ignorance is that the helos are actually HARDER to fly in PRM (BF2 mod) than in ArmA.

PPS : I simply asked a question - politely I might add. There is absolutely NO excuse for the attacks from the forum snobs. If you dont have anything constructive to add, keep your mouth closed.

ethne:

http://www.acemod.net/wiki....AH1_.3F

How does my AI gunner switch weapons in the AH1 ?

Press 'Command Mode' key (usually: SPACE) + 'Weapon Switch' key (usually: F)

i suggest you inform yourself on other issues over at the wiki page if needed wink_o.gif

ethne:

http://www.acemod.net/wiki....AH1_.3F

How does my AI gunner switch weapons in the AH1 ?

Press 'Command Mode' key (usually: SPACE) + 'Weapon Switch' key (usually: F)

i suggest you inform yourself on other issues over at the wiki page if needed wink_o.gif

That doesn't solve the problem in SP.

By the time the AI gunner has finished his tea break and decided to fire, There are usually around 200 or so 23 mm bullet holes in the airframe (and you), and your helo is doubling as the world's largest lawn dart.

The fuel isn't an issue I have to "inform myself" about, it's quite simply wrong. I'm sure it will remain in place but I find it disconcerting that when I brought up the fact that the fatigue system (for soldiers) was a bit excessive, I was immediately attacked by the "realism, go play BF2 n00b" crowd.

Apparently this same crowd feels that modern helicopters can only stay airborne for 10 minutes or so.

Whatever smile_o.gif

Eth

There's no need for such angry words. The problem with all these things is that they are feelings, opinions even. It's very tricky to develop around opinions, because opinions can't be quantified accurately. As far as "realism" goes... this is a game, and always will be a game. ACE Mod attempts to make the game as realistic as feasibly possible, but there are parts of it that have to sacrifice reality for gameplay. I suggest you all cool your jets before replying to each other. Remember that opinions are like <insert orifice here>, everyone has them and thinks everyone else's stinks. It's not worth increased blood pressure over a difference of opinion or a perceived slight.

There's no need for such angry words.  The problem with all these things is that they are feelings, opinions even.  It's very tricky to develop around opinions, because opinions can't be quantified accurately.  As far as "realism" goes...  this is a game, and always will be a game.  ACE Mod attempts to make the game as realistic as feasibly possible, but there are parts of it that have to sacrifice reality for gameplay.  I suggest you all cool your jets before replying to each other.  Remember that opinions are like <insert orifice here>, everyone has them and thinks everyone else's stinks.  It's not worth increased blood pressure over a difference of opinion or a perceived slight.

Hey, I agree.

I just asked some simple questions. I didnt ask anyone to change the game for me. I made a simple suggestion.

Eth

wow, it's first time ever I was called a forum troll  wow_o.gif

on the other hand i was right about bf2 fan sindrome...

well, if i'm a troll then i can't explain anything; but if i'm not, then i can say, that:

as we know, arma world is few times smaller than reality, so ace mod matched the scale of the world with fuel capacity, like scaled it down, unless you want to fly helicopter for few or more hours back and fourth through all the map and repeat it like 20 or more times. This thing gives more realism.

P.S. no more replys concerning bf2 sindrome.

BTW, that's how we deal with bf2

wow, it's first time ever I was called a forum troll  wow_o.gif

on the other hand i was right about bf2 fan sindrome...

well, if i'm a troll then i can't explain anything; but if i'm not, then i can say, that:

as we know, arma world is few times smaller than reality, so ace mod matched the scale of the world with fuel capacity, like scaled it down, unless you want to fly helicopter for few or more hours back and fourth through all the map and repeat it like 20 or more times. This thing gives more realism.

P.S. no more replys concerning bf2 sindrome.

I love you elitest types. /sarcasm off

You play a videogame - settle down.

I have no idea what "BF2 sindrome" is, probably something you use to make you feel better about yourself and your belief that playing a specific videogame makes you better than others.

Hilarious.

Eth

PS : See that "BF2 Sindrome" thing, that's trolling. Not content with making one inciteful comment, you were compelled to do it again.

I find it hard to believe that you've never been called on trolling before. I suspect you have, as it seems to come naturally.

missing-sounds.png

Why are there these blank holes??

Sorry my bad, these are still present in vanilla ArmA. I must have tested some other than "Voice" or "Anonymous".

strange-editor.png

But this on is just like Noraf says.

Since BIS units are "hidden" and ACE has Armor T-72 as firste default...

So for editing with ACE, I would recommend using "visible".

Thanks for reply Noraf

ethne, cool your jets and take a chill pill.

Gedis, put the pointy stick away!

i dont know if this was covered already but i have a wierd problem where if i start Arma without ACE i still have certian ACE features in it. I make other games crash. Ive checked all my addons files and found nothing ACE ive checked every thing. =[

edit: i Have the ACE 1.06 patch

So Do not install 1.06 patch as too many bugs..

is that the recommendation here?