Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDF Mod 1.0 for ArmA

Good job on completing it. FDF gave OFP a new lease of life. QG required... i'm off to cry and rock in the corner.

EDIT: OR, is QG only required for those parts in bold on the webpage (campaign and island)? ReadMe suggests for the whole mod though.

Love this time of year; Xmas surprises like this put a huge smile on my face. xmas_o.gif

Thank you very much, to the FDF Mod team.

First CSLA, now we have FDF for ArmA, whipee!  xmas_o.gif

Indeed! I've been struck by a wave of OFP nostalgia playing the ArmA incarnations of these two mods, 'cept these are even better looking.

Nice job guys, from first glance things look great. The only problem I've run into is the 112 RsKes APILAS doesn't seem to work. If I equip it from the FDF Ammo crate only the launcher gets equiped, no rocket. Then if I equip a rocket as well, it won't load.

I thought it may be due to a conflict but the I tried the Mod by the shortcut for FDF and it still won't work.

Great island btw. The set up is beautiful.

Thanks again.

Let me restate this problem.

It seems the Heavy AT soldier has no problem using the 112 RsKes APILAS or rearming it at the crate. But it wont work with the Jaeger Special and AT soldier with the 66 KES 88.

Is this by design? I haven't tried it with any other units but so far it only works with the Heavy.

Big thanks for your addons...and Merry Christmas!

Pogada it's very beautifull.

Regards

Let me restate this problem.

It seems the Heavy AT soldier has no problem using the 112 RsKes APILAS or rearming it at the crate. But it wont work with the Jaeger Special and AT soldier with the 66 KES 88.

Is this by design? I haven't tried it with any other units but so far it only works with the Heavy.

I have a feeling that you are doing something wrong now.

112 RSKES Apilas works fine (atleast for me?) if you arm yourself the weapon from the crate and also pick up one 112 ammo too. After this you have to reload and fire. Just tested this with several different units. And if it does not work, it certainly isn't a planned feature smile_o.gif

Yeah that's what I tried but but when I hit reload nothing happens. I was thinking it may be a conflict with one of the other mod folders but then I tried it with the shortcut that was produced when I installed FDF and it still doesn't work. The Heavy AT has no problem with it. When I drop the weapon and pick up another from the crate the rocket is equipped as well. But with the other guys I tried only the launcher is equipped from the crate and when I pick up a rocket it will not load when I hit the reload key.

I'll try it again and get back to you. It's definitely a strange problem so I have a feeling it's on my end. I'll also check the main AddOns folder again as well. The only thing I put in there has been XEH v1.9 but I removed it and still no luck. Maybe something else slipped in there but I'm pretty anal not putting anything in there and only using Mod folders.

I'll be back. Thanks for the prompt response. I appreciate it.

And once again, the work you guys did is absolutely beautiful. Truly a work of art.  thumbs-up.gif  pistols.gif

some feedback on the Pogada map:

first of all, a beatiful map, probably best in arma sofar, also counting sahrani

main problem i discovered: no asphalt runway on airbase, it seemes like a decent size base should have asphalt in my opinion.

also when i autoland the plane crashes into the hill west of the runway 100% of the time.

Whohoo! Christmas eve!!  yay.gif

Thank you so much!  notworthy.gif

Finally i've a reason to play ArmA again.

Mfg, Medicus   inlove.gif

Sorry Mikko I'm a complete a*$hole right about now.

It works fine. The reason it wasn't equipping the rocket with an guys but the Heavy was because I only cleared 6 spaces for it, not the 8 needed. And when I did equip the rocket by itself, I must have click on the 66 KES 88 rocket. I swear I checked to make sure I clicked on the correct one but I guess I didn't.

My apologies.

One more thing:

Question regarding the 112 RsKes sight.

There's two reticles, is that for right and left handed use?

Hopefully others see that and it's not just something on my end. At first I thought it was an error but after thinking about it, it seems to make sense by the positioning that it's for lefty/righty usage.

some feedback on the Pogada map:

first of all, a beatiful map, probably best in arma sofar, also counting sahrani

main problem i discovered: no asphalt runway on airbase, it seemes like a decent size base should have asphalt in my opinion.

also when i autoland the plane crashes into the hill west of the runway 100% of the time.

First thank you for your compliments.

And to the problem, we should have mentioned that AI landing problem in the known issues, it doesn´t work because airstrip is not defined in the config. I tried to get it working few times but then skipped because there was plenty of other things to do and finally we are here.

a classic from OFP now is in Arma? fantastic. must download instantly!

Sorry for a little off topic here but I noticed this name in the ReadMe credits:

PeterNorth

rofl.gif  Is that his real name or was that done in honor of the great Peter North? That guy rocks, he's definitely a man I look up to.  wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif  

On a side note, I partied with the guy a few times when I was in LA. He's a good friend of a high school buddy of mine. Mr North has been in a bunch of his films.

Ok, sorry about that. Just had to ask. I couldn't resist. whistle.gif

Phenomenal work there guys, I love the new map - first class as always!

Have a Merry Christmas!! xmas_o.gif

Well i have to be honest! wink_o.gif

When i saw it wasnt Winter (FDF Winter Ofp ftw) i didnt d/load it!

But when i read further back in the thread a post about the island better than Sahrani-of course i had to d/load!

And i'm not disapointed!

I cant quite describe the island but you have done an outstanding job!

Quite stunning!

Well Done! notworthy.gifxmas_o.gif

Would it be possible if you could upload a separate file for just the sound mod?

If not, what files do I need to take from the main mod just for the sounds?

Would it be possible if you could upload a separate file for just the sound mod?

If not, what files do I need to take from the main mod just for the sounds?

I could say the same about the Island!  wink_o.gif

EDIT:-

Nvm worked it out! xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Though I'm not going to be able to play this until Sunday, I'll put my thanks in early: Thank you for all the hard work smile_o.gif .

Thank you FDF team. Is there any way we could "borrow" your patria for Slovenian skin?

Once i saw this thread, i knew that i will have a new favorite island from now on.

The other stuff is great too, but i`m as always in love with FDF Islands.

Thanks for this beauty. thumbs-up.gif