Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Back on topic:

Do you guys really believe that ArmA 2 will be shipped in May 2009 like Morphicon is really saying on their website?

If this is real, then i think there won't be a 2nd preview version until the release... But i hope everything is going well and we see some official news about our baby :yay:

i prefer a delay to avoid things like the arma european release if the game is not ready (things like ia, small bugs, etc...) :)

Back on topic:

Do you guys really believe that ArmA 2 will be shipped in May 2009 like Morphicon is really saying on their website?

If this is real, then i think there won't be a 2nd preview version until the release... But i hope everything is going well and we see some official news about our baby :yay:

It's more a question of hoping really. :)

I hope ArmA will be out in May and that it will live up to reasonable expectations. If there is no new preview version until then... fine with me. May is just around the corner.

Back on topic:

Our official German Community Manager, Blackland said in hx3 Forums that the release was displaced to june. *:p*

http://hx3.de/community-103/arma-2-wartesaal-14346/158/#post227681

I pray the month will be enough for BIS to polish and improve the fundamental engine bugs.

Edited by Raptor

Ok. Tell my how does the A-10 fit in this scenario. The USMC have there own Close Air Support. Why would they need the Air Force to move resources for this scenario?

Because all their pilots were down with pig flu, sabotaged fuel supplies, or that the A-10 was the closest one that could provide support within the desired time frame? Not hard to find a reason if you're looking for one. Besides, joint operations as already mentioned, and more possibilities for mission makers. If someone later on makes the texture job to make Army aircraft paint look like USMC aircraft paint, then even better. It can suit our imaginary clan battles very well. Our wannabe force may not be the equivalent to that of the USMC. We might even have some BTRs repainted just to suit a similar vehicle we want.

Here is one such army, and it's not even imaginary. Check out the vehicle list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Army#Combat_Vehicles

Point being, the more the merrier, realistic or not. Having the A-10 in there makes perfect sense despite not being USMC.

This thread is gonner make it to 500 pages before the release. It is pissin me off that nothing is done about people dragin' on with useless stuff, that belongs in topic's of their own!!!

It's sad that you have to look through 10 pages every day, hoping to finde some relevant stuff...

are anyone else than me having trouble with that italian preview video?

To me it looks awfull ( not the details though ), seems like there are some serious fps problems? or small lockups? The sounds is continous, but the game seems to freeze from time to time ( i know some complained about that in arma1 before, never happended to me ), anyone else notised that?

To me it looks awfull ( not the details though ), seems like there are some serious fps problems? or small lockups? The sounds is continous, but the game seems to freeze from time to time ( i know some complained about that in arma1 before, never happended to me ), anyone else notised that?

it might be not due to BIS game, but due to DivX / movie compression

as on Italian video i only noticed darkening/brighter HDR work, rest is probably due to video file compression

two more new shots on facebook, nothing impressive, just two buildings before and after bombing :)

Good evening...

I uploaded the video to youtube this morning.And you can watch it in fullscreen there.

Did you noticed how the soldier runs while crouching at 3:32 .Like in ACE-Mod.

Thats great.

But i think its also an older build because there ist still the water from ArmA1 and we saw in this screen ( http://www.reborn-fighters-multigaming.de/gallery/images/7_10.jpg ) that there is new water in newer Version of ArmA2.

@-=UOE.Txalo=- can you give us a link pls.... thanks a lot ;-)

Regards -rF- Cultivator

two more new shots on facebook, nothing impressive, just two buildings before and after bombing :)

*adds nuke to list of weapons*

Here are the mentioned new Facebook images. The building design seems to be different after the explosion, so they are probably using the same rubble for some of the buildings. Looks hella cool nonetheless.

3226_93087036016_72200346016_221986.jpg

3226_93087046016_72200346016_221986.jpg

Edited by sparks50

Actually the whole city is blown up :eek:

The picture is actually more interesting that it may appear to some - as we can see they really improved the building damage.

While we don't see the partial destruction here we can clearly see that the rubble looks 100% better.

At 0:16 those SpecOps: One is tossing the flashbang or whatever with left hand and one with the right and then even around a corner, scripted fake or available animation? If so, BIS changed te control method or I need a KB with 500 keys.

0:42 transition to death position is missing or somehow lost during video coding

2:08 explosion shock wave by far to slow, dust must appear within some miliseconds and disappear much slower

2:30-2:40 The fix of the grass known from ArmA 1 is still there, but auto-flattening of high gras has an disadvantage: you are not hidden any more. Rather allow to rise the head or lifting body higher on elbow.

4.13 did he catch the pedestrian with his truck or did he missed him? we will never know:D

4:58.... still the issue with formations, fixed spacing and if to many units in a narrow place with many obstacles pathfinding and keeping formation conflicting and going nuts in the end....it wouldn´t be ArmA without:cool: btw did you ever seen MBTs that close together in combat?

but despite that - a STRONG BUY just to be able to find more to bitch about;)

Edited by S!fkaIaC

Looks absolutely stunning.. :pet5:

EDIT:

No bigger resolution out there?

Edited by colossus
added comment

It is pissin me off that nothing is done about people dragin' on with useless stuff, that belongs in topic's of their own!!!

It's sad that you have to look through 10 pages every day, hoping to finde some relevant stuff...

You're completely right, it's time that the moderators took a firmer stance in here, and from now on that's what we'll do.

Warning to everyone, ignore at your peril.

Enough is enough, from now on everyone must stick to the thread title, people will start getting immediate post restrictions if they don't stick to discussing the specifics of new press coverage. Dragging it off topic into the world of their ranting and whining and bitching is completely unacceptable and it ends now.

I've downloaded the video and watched it with a mediaplayer and didn't notice such a thing. Actually, it seems to be running pretty good mostly (as far as one can judge from a 25fps video that is compressed this much), some of the scenes used from the faction trailers have much worse framerates in the video.

Probably the Flash Player of your Browser is messing this up, nothing unusual, mine didn't like it too much also.

Thank you for that Pics...

looks realy amazing.... and the atmosphere is very depressing... :o

:yay:

Regards Culti

Nice destuction.

I put the 2 images over eachother in photoshop. They are both taken at the exact same location.. and the detructed buildings and church are at exactly the same location before and after the blast.

Looks really good!

I took the liberty of superimposing the 2 images and save it as an animated gif.. so everyone can see that both images are really the same buildings.

destruction.gif

Edited by Old Raven NL

I just want to see that destruction in action! Or just thinking about running through structurally superfluous holes being hewn into buildings during an urban firefight. But only temporary cover, as it can now be traitorous to stay in such a place. Not the most sophisticated damage system, it rather resembles the damage for the body.

Looks great, both the screens and the latest video !