Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

I registered just to point this thing out^ Looks like you beat me to it :) I hope this is some sort of evidence for the xbox 360 version, because i want this game so bad, but i dont have €3000 euro's to spare to run this game on a pc :).

Meh, i got a 3 or 4 year old PC that cost my parents something like 1200 (PC+ LCD + Keyboard and Speakers) and i got a new 8800GT graphics card since my dad had this great idea that PCs dont need to breathe so the old one got fried. :yay:

It doesent run like butter but its very much playable

Hey, THEBLITZ6794

I have been playing OPP1 for a very long time both PC and console! I and many other PC gamers now prefer to play games on a console system. Both systems have pros and cons. For me the pros on the console are better for my gaming needs.

I hate playing on a PC screen, hate playing on a chair, hate playing with a keyboard and rat.

It's a pain in the ass to readjust your PC settings, UPDATE your drivers and software and F around with your PC to get the game to run right every few weeks or months.

With the PC you have to be concern with getting a virus,worms or other crap that will F with your system and can miss with your real life PC needs.

With the PC you get the great MOD's yes they are awesome and real cool to play with but with that you have more cheating in the PC gaming world this is a fact that you can't stop only slow down. This was one of the main reasons I stop playing OFP1 in 2003.

Yes PC gaming has more mature players then the console but it's a lot harder to communicate with players, find people to play with in public rooms and just get into a game if time is limited for you. Once you have a group of good friends on your list you can get a full room in a few minutes on a console then a PC and that just fits a lot better for me.

Hey, I can go on and on about the PROS AND CONS but the fact is this is a console thread and not a PC. I really hate WHEN somebody like you just posts GET A PC!!!!!!

The players here don't want a PC game they want to play on a console. So when you come here and state GET A PC you are just looking for a fight and not being helpful to all of us waiting for a console game.

That fact is BOHEMIA HAS AN XBOX 360 version of the game right now. It's not ready by any means and they still don't have a publisher. 98% of BOHEMIA focus right now is on the PC bugs/performance issues.

So please don't come here looking for a fight about PC vs console! The game will be great for both communities. Yes the PC community is BOHEMIA first focus we all know this. Have a nice day!!!!!!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I still prefer playing on a console, but have moved to PC for FPS games for accuracy, I commend those of you who can aim accurately with a analogue stick.

Hey, THEBLITZ6794

I have been playing OPP1 for a very long time both PC and console! I and many other PC gamers now prefer to play games on a console system. Both systems have pros and cons. For me the pros on the console are better for my gaming needs.

I hate playing on a PC screen, hate playing on a chair, hate playing with a keyboard and rat.

It's a pain in the ass to readust your PC settings, UPDATE your drivers and software and F around with your PC to get the game to run right every few weeks or months.

With the PC you have to be concern with getting a virus,worms or other crap that will F with your system and can miss with your real life.

With the PC and the great MOD's yes they awesome and real cool to play with but with that you have more cheating in the PC gaming world this is a fact that you can't stop only slow down. This was one of the main reasons I stop playing OFP1 in 2003.

Yes PC gaming has more mature players then the console but it's a lot harder to communicate to players, find people to play with on public rooms and just get into a game if time is limited for you. Once you have a group of good friends on your list you can get a full room in a few minutes on a console then a PC and that just fits a lot better for me.

Hey, I can go on and on about the PROS AND CONS but the fact is this is a console thread and not a PC. I really hate WHEN somebody like you just posts GET A PC!!!!!!

The players here don't want a PC game they want to play on a console. So when you come here and stated GET A PC you are just looking for a fight and not being helpful to us waiting for a console game.

That fact is BOHEMIA HAS A XBOX 360 version of the game right now. It's not ready by any means and they still don't have a publisher and they are 98% focus on the PC bugs/performance issues right now.

So please don't come here looking for a fight about PC vs console! The game will be great for both communities. Yes the PC community is BOHEMIA first focus we all know this. Have a nice day!!!!!!

The trouth is that many games belong on the PC (RTS, FPS, Sims, MMORPGs) while other games belong to the console (Fighting games, Racing games etc.).

I have both PC and Xbox version of OFP and eaven tough i love the Elite version for xbox i do find it quite limited and pointless (auto aim, dumbed down editor, no mods)

I feel SO sorry for Xbox players to be honest, I mean the PC version probably is one of the buggiest games ever to be released on any format ever. Even if the Xbox version contains 10% of the bugs, its going to be a nightmare for the players to cope with.

I feel SO sorry for Xbox players to be honest, I mean the PC version probably is one of the buggiest games ever to be released on any format ever. Even if the Xbox version contains 10% of the bugs, its going to be a nightmare for the players to cope with.

I don't care if the campaign is unplayable due too bugs, i will still buy it.

I still prefer playing on a console, but have moved to PC for FPS games for accuracy, I commend those of you who can aim accurately with a analogue stick.

I have the PC version and currently am using my 360 controller...and it's great ( I was able to map the lean feature to my d-pad...with an external software). I think the game would be a hit on the Xbox 360....especially online. I'm a bit discouraged going online now, via PC, because of all the posts of cheaters, TK, people using low res. so grass is off (and they can see you when you think your hidden), etc, etc....it would seem on the console there would be a leveled playing field.

Why on earth would you play this on a PC with a 360 controller? Would you run a race with crutches?

Have you not played anything released for PC in the last 4 years? They is almost nothing but bug ridden messes when they first get released. These days games are either polished and bland or impressive but buggy. I prefer the latter as it is generally fixed in due time.

Why on earth would you play this on a PC with a 360 controller? Would you run a race with crutches?

Crutches for you...but more enjoyable and technical for me....different strokes for different folks mate.

Hey I guess you never played OFP elite then you would know the controls for the game were great from a solider to an A10. Yes the key board did make it a little quicker to give out orders to multiple units but with the drop down menus it work fine.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

The trouth is that many games belong on the PC (RTS, FPS, Sims, MMORPGs) while other games belong to the console (Fighting games, Racing games etc.).

I have both PC and Xbox version of OFP and eaven tough i love the Elite version for xbox i do find it quite limited and pointless (auto aim, dumbed down editor, no mods)

I don't know what setting you play on with the elite but if you put the game on vet there is no auto aim and for the dumbed down editor if you played one of my missions then you would know the editor work really well and you could setup very complex missions if you had a half of a brain. For the MOD's you got me a little OFP had some great mod's but like I said it opened a can of worms for cheating in the game. Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Hey this was some old replys about the same things a few months ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squint

Piloting helicopters benefits greatly from the many axes available on modern joysticks and controllers. With the dual thumbsticks on the 360 controller, you can control pitch, yaw, and roll very easily, not to mention throttle.

Speaking of throttle, the triggers on the 360 controller are another axis, which I use for throttle. In any vehicle, even land vehicles, you can control the speed to a degree that you simply can't with the standard keyboard Q/W/E system of controlling speed.

This is my reply:

OK Lets have a nice debate please no fighting about which is better.

I am a old PC player for RST games and then OFP1 and BF 1942 games and now I prefer console games over PC games for personal reasons.

We all know that PC games have more power for the number of human players and overall AI units in the game world.

We all know that PC games usually have better graphics over console games but your point makes no sense to me.

I understand and I feel the same way. When you are in a tank/plane you have better control with a 360 controller over the key board and the rat but if you need to get out what are you going to do drop the 360 controller and start using the key board and rat WTF that's just dum.

Many PC players feel they have better control over aiming and moving when on the ground using the rat and key board. I can't understand this for the life of me.

I feel I can move better and have better bilateral eye hand coordination skills using a 360 controller over the key board and rat. Yes the key board gives you a lot more options then 8 buttons to command your AI and give orders but your main guy I don't see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocco

I guess the PC version wont have the autoaim stuff that the console arcade boyz get.

This is my reply:

Why did you have to go there. Don't we have enough community split between BOHEMIA and CODEMASTERS not all the console boys are little bunny hopping run & gun players that you think.

Most of the old elite community wants the same game experience you the PC boys wants.

I really don't think Bohemia would put in a autoaim function but if they did I would bet that you would be able to turn it off when playing or hosting a game.

PS. I made really hard ass multiple objective mission using the simple elite editor with limited points. Some of us know how to play this game with a console. I would love to see you try to complete one of my missions as a squad leader. Can you tell me why some of the PC boys would want to use a 360 controller over the key board and rat.

AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ALL WANT THIS GAME AND WE ALL WANT TO PLAY IT ON THE SYSTEM OF OUR CHOICE. BOHEMIA MADE THE PC VERSION FIRST THEN THEY WILL COMPLETE THE CONSOLE GAME, SO THE PC COMMUNITY WILL GET A GAME MADE FOR THE PC AND NOT ONE PORTED OVER FORM A CONSOLE GAME, SO IT'S A WIN WIN FOR ALL. WE THE CONSOLE COMMUNITY WILL GET THIS GAME MINUS A FEW THINGS BUT THE GAME WILL STILL BE AND PLAY THE SAME WAY.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG AND FIGHT WITH THE CODEMASTERS OFPDR PLAYERS LOL.

The fidelity of control with a mouse cannot be matched in the same time by a controller. For example, aiming and following a target with the correct lead is easier with a mouse. I admit a controller is much more comfortable though.

I made the point earlier though, I really want this too come out for consoles so more people can enjoy it and for the ARMA name to be known. Who knows, perhaps with OFPDR and ARMA2 both on consoles it could open up the floodgates to more realistic sims....

The fidelity of control with a mouse cannot be matched in the same time by a controller. For example, aiming and following a target with the correct lead is easier with a mouse. I admit a controller is much more comfortable though.

People always forget that even if it might be so that the k/m combo is faster etc. this is a moot point when a player is not used to the k/m control. I totally suck with k/m in FPS and am neither fast with it nor does it play smooth in any way. Rather sooner than later I get a hand muscle spasm and have to quit the game.

On the other hand I'm really fast with the 360 controller and I don't have to think about it, it feels natural to use it and I can play for hours and hours without problems. Since ArmA2 on the 360 is not for the PC folks but for those who already can use a controller much faster than those who are not used to it, the technical aspect (i.e. that the k/m can be more precise/faster) is irrelevant for both - the gameplay and the player.

Grim

Hello! My name is David, and I am an Xbox 360 console gamer. For TOO long, the Xbox 360 has been plagued with completely unrealistic arcade military games such as Call of Duty, the Battlefield series, and... Halo. Although these are all quality games and are great for other reasons, they can't even get close to the replayability of Arma II, with its realistic and challenging A.I., excellent co-op and multiplayer, and best of all, its outstanding mission editor.

Now, I would totally go out right now and buy this gem. But, I happen to be a Mac user, and when it comes right down to it, Macs simply aren't gaming computers. Even with Bootcamp, the game just wouldn't run the same.

When I heard this game was going to be released for the Xbox 360, I flipped out. I couldn't believe it, considering the closest thing we have for a war simulation on the 360 is the Ghost Recon series.

However, as the game developed further, it began to look as though the 360 simply wouldn't be able to handle it.

SO, TO THE POINT:

1: Is this game still in development for the 360?

2: Is it true that the 360 is closest to the PC as far as consoles go, and therefore it has the ability to handle Arma II pretty well?

3: What things are going to be simplified / done without in the 360 version in order for it to cross over on platforms? Is the game going to be ultra dumbed down, or will it just be some little things such as graphics, and maybe even getting rid of the campaign?

Also, feel free to guestimate the answers to these questions to the best of your abilities, as I'm sure no one can answer 100% certainly for any of these yet, but I'm sure we can take accurate guesses?

Thanks guys!

i dont understand point2....

all modern consoles have identical hardware as any PC out there...

AFAIK the PS3 is supposed to have a more capable Graphic board then the xbox, which wouldn't surprise me, considering it came out about a year later...

however, the last official news i saw... will try to find link... stated Arma2 will be released for next gen consoles... which would indicate xbox 920 (orwhatevernametheyfind) and PS4...

Hello! My name is David, and I am an Xbox 360 console gamer. For TOO long, the Xbox 360 has been plagued with completely unrealistic arcade military games such as Call of Duty, the Battlefield series, and... Halo. Although these are all quality games and are great for other reasons, they can't even get close to the replayability of Arma II, with its realistic and challenging A.I., excellent co-op and multiplayer, and best of all, its outstanding mission editor.

Now, I would totally go out right now and buy this gem. But, I happen to be a Mac user, and when it comes right down to it, Macs simply aren't gaming computers. Even with Bootcamp, the game just wouldn't run the same.

When I heard this game was going to be released for the Xbox 360, I flipped out. I couldn't believe it, considering the closest thing we have for a war simulation on the 360 is the Ghost Recon series.

However, as the game developed further, it began to look as though the 360 simply wouldn't be able to handle it.

SO, TO THE POINT:

1: Is this game still in development for the 360?

2: Is it true that the 360 is closest to the PC as far as consoles go, and therefore it has the ability to handle Arma II pretty well?

3: What things are going to be simplified / done without in the 360 version in order for it to cross over on platforms? Is the game going to be ultra dumbed down, or will it just be some little things such as graphics, and maybe even getting rid of the campaign?

Also, feel free to guestimate the answers to these questions to the best of your abilities, as I'm sure no one can answer 100% certainly for any of these yet, but I'm sure we can take accurate guesses?

Thanks guys!

Hey welcome to the forum. Before this post gets locked you need to look up before you post. We have a XBOX 360 thread with all your answers. You should join the XBOX 360 social group and PM me and I can give you some insight of our status or just look at my outline on the xbox 360 thread have a nice day.

Gamespot stated that ARMA II was among new releases for Xbox 360 (I'm in North America) this week, but I can't find any retailers selling it, nor any preorders for an Xbox 360 version of ARMA II at all.

I'm very intrigued by this game. I love these sorts of little-publicized, niche simulation games that most mainstream gamers balk at but I always seem to love for some reason lol. I'm the same way with PC space sims.

I just would really prefer this particular game on my 360 if it's at all possible. Any word on a NA 360 release?

Also, if I end up being required to get the PC version, what is the method of copy protection used (i.e. DRM, etc.) if anyone knows?

Thanks!

Don't know anything about an XBox 360 release. Could you provide a link?

As for copy protection, the retail versions use Securom to check the DVD, no online activation necessary. Some digital download versions like Nexway use online activation though. And the Steam version just uses Steam. :)

I downloaded the free demo of this game and I was really excited! Then I actually played the game and now, well. . . .Not that excited anymore. Guess I'll wait for operation flashpoint DR.

i'm an xbox player, and i can admit this game will be as impossible to put on a console...

if BIS do it, they are bloody legends. but there will be lots of limitions.

just like Farcry 2..

limitions on the map editor.

AI dumbing.

smaller story mode.

AI limit on Co-op.

pvp limit on multiplayer (possibly 24 players is the cap i think)

it will still be awsome though..

i mean the story is soooo long on this game as it, is shortening it won't even make a diff.

i don't care about AI limits on the mission editor and co-op..

i mean its not like i'll ever play with 1000 AI if i had a pc that could run this game..

c'mon BI, xbox 360 would be nice..

i no there is like over 40 controls but surely theres a way to put like all the commands in one menu and crap..

or even take some out..

If BIS is going to release it on the 360,they'll probably have to fix a lot of the bugs and glitches first,or at least fix the campaign.

Too bad Arma 2 won't be included in the Upcoming gaming service called Onlive:p

Yeah, as mentioned by earlier posters, I imagine that the QA process via Microsoft would be a nightmare for this game, so if it does ever get released, it would likely be a long while after the PC version release.

Question for the PC users: Is it buggier than Morrowind was when it was released? That took months for Microsoft to complete its QA process on the console port, and it was still suffering from memory fragmentation due to save file size issues even then lol.

Simple fact is flashpoint elite worked fine. There is no reason why they cant do the same with arma 2. Even a dumbed down version would be better than anything we are playing now.

Also, I use my 360 controller with arma (1) now. Works fine and while there is controls requiring the key board, they can do the same with drop down menus or something along those lines.

As far as the bugs go, they have a way to patch them as they pop up. All games have bugs, glitches ect.. But they can be fixed.

I'd rather deal with a 50 bugs/glitches on this game than 1 or 2 on the modern combat series.