Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

It exists, with mediocre scores to all around. On top of that, it came out 4 years after the PC counterpart, and probably had the ugliest graphics of any Xbox game ever made.

Sure, I could see ArmA 2 down the road being released on the 360 in 2013, getting mediocre reviews. That's the only way this port is going to happen.

The medicore reviews complained about it being Operation Flashpoint, not Operation Flashpoint on a console.

And its pretty irrelevant how you see it, it how BIS sees it that matters.

Man, this game isn't going to happen on the consoles.

1) Neither console has strong enough hardware to drive this game at 720p.

2) Neither console's controllers have enough buttons to efficiently manage all of the game's tasks.

3) The game's built in campaign and multiplayer is probably the weakest thing the game has to offer. Even if they both work perfectly, nobody is going to be happy about it.

4) To expand upon point #3, these things simply aren't going to work properly. The game's buggy nature is simply going to frustrate console players.

Bohemia Interactive doesn't have enough resources or manpower to fuel anything other than a PC exclusive release. A 360 release holds profit but the 360 just isn't built for simulations, and nor is the 360's fanbase. They'd have to be able to keep patching the game on both fronts, and keep both fanbases happy. If you ask me, they're barely keeping their head over the water on the PC release.

was just wondering how codemasters manage to make a war sim for console ,

and it looks like the game works ,

i just want to know why you think this type of game can't be run on a console ,. and before you say it ain't the same game , ok but it has the same features and fuctions ...

I think i answered all 4 statements ...

was just wondering how codemasters manage to make a war sim for console ,

and it looks like the game works ,

i just want to know why you think this type of game can't be run on a console ,. and before you say it ain't the same game , ok but it has the same features and fuctions ...

I think i answered all 4 statements ...

The answer is he never played OFP ELITE so he has no clue what the hell he is talking about.

Yes the graphics on the elite were not the best but it was because the game was made with 1999/2000 technology. The overall game world looked great but the player movements were funny to look at most of the time.

The game was not about graphics it was about gameplay. The main reason the game did bad with overall sales was because of the marketing from codemasters and the release was right around the time of the 360 and the game was never made backwards compatible for the 360.

CONSOLE PLAYERS JUST WAIT AND WE WILL SEE BUT IN FOR NOW GO GET THE ELITE AND JOIN US. MOST NIGHTS AROUND 9-12PM EST USA.

Man,I need to run an Ethernet cable down to my room sometime. I really want to get me some multiplayer in sometime soon. PS: for the piece of crap that people say console controllers are,OFP works fine on it.(Using extremely old technology,being made by game producers of PC origin on an old game system.)

I wonder what the PC sales are like ... I have just read another thread , why has arma2 have small market (compare to OFDR), the answers simple OFDR (codemasters)are working of a game where more console user will buy the game compared to PC users ......

Console + PC user = £$ ... I guess BI were hoping that many people would upgrade there PCs , but i could be wrong ...

They made a game because of the love for their PC community ....?

And btw most people i know have already preordered OFDR , if you get your act together maybe it isn't to late to have bread with your soup ...

Edited by cnickcj

The only thing that could give BIS an edge in the console war now is that they at least officially (hi, Placebo :p) announce their ArmA2 for the 360 soon and include an editor. That might make for a real head to head situation again, because the missing editor of the CM game is its biggest (only?) flaw.

Grim

The only thing that could give BIS an edge in the console war now is that they at least officially (hi, Placebo :p) announce their ArmA2 for the 360 soon and include an editor. That might make for a real head to head situation again, because the missing editor of the CM game is its biggest (only?) flaw.

Grim

CM announced that the console version has dropped from 8v8 multiplayer, to 4v4 multiplayer against the PC's 32v32. As you said, no editor. The console version is also being given Aim Assist :confused:

Bad thing for me is i wanted that for the same reason as Elite, Single player only and mission editor, so if i was to buy it thats 11 missions and the games done lmao.

The reason why we haven't heard or probably won't hear from BIS on the console release is that they simply can't be one if you think logically about it...

Imagine if you released ARMA to the 360 in it's current state it would really be a joke compared to the stability required of console games. If we remove that fact that the 360 is only a single hardware platform and very easy to test there are still dozens of major software issues that need to be resolved before it is close to release on the 360..

maybe on patch 1.20 two years from now I'd love to see a 360 version for more casual play, as then it will at the point it should be stable enough :)

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

CM announced that the console version has dropped from 8v8 multiplayer, to 4v4 multiplayer against the PC's 32v32. As you said, no editor. The console version is also being given Aim Assist :confused:

Bad thing for me is i wanted that for the same reason as Elite, Single player only and mission editor, so if i was to buy it thats 11 missions and the games done lmao.

Those console numbers are extremely dissapointing :(

CM announced that the console version has dropped from 8v8 multiplayer, to 4v4 multiplayer against the PC's 32v32. As you said, no editor. The console version is also being given Aim Assist

Yes, 4vs4 MP sounds not like much fun compared to 32vs32 on the PC but we will have to wait how the MP is actually done. It has been confirmed that the human players will command AI soldiers, so you most likely end up with 16vs16 soldiers around. That will only work if the AI is as great as CM said it's going to be, of course. But the whole game will stand or fall with the AI quality, so I hope we can have some faith that it will be a superiour Ai compared to other games.

On console it’s eight players on both modes. On PC it’s 32 players. The console game won’t suffer from lack of people though. We’re so proud of the advanced AI we’ve got in the game, that’s in the game you play on console.

Interview

The console version is also being given Aim Assist

Only at the 'normal' and 'experienced' level - if you play hardcore then there's no aim assist.

Grim

Edited by Grimnirsson

Only at the 'normal' and 'experienced' level - if you play hardcore then there's no aim assist.

Grim

You sure? I thought they said it was on all difficulty level's after a certain distance between you and the intended target? Either way i just hope there will be some way to have it off.

Still waiting for ArmA 2 to be officially announced... playing Elite gets boring when you know there are two upgraded version's out that you cannot get due to PC exclusive :(

You sure? I thought they said it was on all difficulty level's after a certain distance between you and the intended target?

Yes I'm sure. Go to the video interview with Tim Brown, the question comes up at 7:20 and he says that in hardcore 'everything is off', there's no aim assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAVDROY96A

Grim

Yes I'm sure. Go to the video interview with Tim Brown, the question comes up at 7:20 and he says that in hardcore 'everything is off', there's no aim assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAVDROY96A

Grim

Ah, thats good. Was going to play hardcore from the get go anyway, more fun. The dude in the vid with the "Mhmm", dunno how he lasted the entire interview with him doing that :confused:

Grimnirsson this is a ARMA2 site and you should go on the OFPDR site if you want to talk about that game. Now we the ARMA2 console community should be very sad when current new news about a PC expansion game maybe be in the works and no new information about a 360 game in sight. Yes very sad day for us all. Grimnirsson it may be time for all of us to more on for now.

AVIBIRD 1 perhaps you should rename the topic: Arma2 wont be released for 360 go and get OP:DR.

Since there is no new info for the development of Arma2 on 360 and hasnt been for ages, Its no wonder that users are looking towards codemasters.

Grimnirsson this is a ARMA2 site and you should go on the OFPDR site if you want to talk about that game.

Someone here posted that there's no aim assist in DR and I said there is, that's all, I didn't want to turn the thread into another DR thread. Is that actually disrupting all the new exciting infos about the soon to be released ArmA2 for the 360? If so I'm sorry.

Grim

Someone here posted that there's no aim assist in DR and I said there is, that's all, I didn't want to turn the thread into another DR thread. Is that actually disrupting all the new exciting infos about the soon to be released ArmA2 for the 360? If so I'm sorry.

Grim

Grimnirsson I was only F with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. OFPDR is the only thing we the console community have to talk about now.

AVIBIRD 1 perhaps you should rename the topic: Arma2 wont be released for 360 go and get OP:DR.

Since there is no new info for the development of Arma2 on 360 and hasnt been for ages, Its no wonder that users are looking towards codemasters.

Or, "Arma2 will RRoD the 360, time to upgrade that PC :P"

Or, "Arma2 will RRoD the 360, time to upgrade that PC :P"

OVERK1LL are you a dick,toll or just an ass. People here want to play on a console not a pc. I will not get into that whole pro's and con's about each systems. Just have some common sense THIS IS A CONSOLE THREAD DON'T BE A JACKASS. Just my 2 cents have a nice day!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

OVERK1LL are you a dick,toll or just an ass. People here want to play on a console not a pc. I will not get into that whole pro's and con's about each systems. Just have some common sense THIS IS A CONSOLE THREAD DON'T BE A JACKASS. Just my 2 cents have a nice day!

Eh, neither, just a realist. Truth hurts sometimes ya know. BTW, I own a 360, 2 of them in fact. Arma2 would just be much better on the pc, I would compare it to most RTS's these days, consoles are just inadequate.

Edited by overk1ll

Arma2 would just be much better on the pc, I would compare it to most RTS's these days, consoles are just inadequate.

You forgot to add IMHO to your post...

Grim

You forgot to add IMHO to your post...

Grim

of course, went without saying

Btw look at EndWar on the 360 with the fantastic voice commands. That's much better and more 'realistic' even in RTS than the usual PC mouse interface. There's lots of potential in consoles and new innovative features are likely at the horizon (e.g. Natal), so the argument that a certain genre is better off on the PC as a platform is a view from the past.

Grim