Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

October, 6 2009 Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for Xbox 360

hi all, ive just joined and im just wondering, well i was just on the ofp:dr forums and they told me there will be no mission editor so im a bit ticked off with codemasters, so heres the question will there be mission editor for consoles?

P.S im sorry if ive made any mistakes or broken any rules etc.

Thankyou :)

i'm an xbox player, and i can admit this game will be as impossible to put on a console...

if BIS do it, they are bloody legends. but there will be lots of limitions.

just like Farcry 2..

limitions on the map editor.

AI dumbing.

smaller story mode.

AI limit on Co-op.

pvp limit on multiplayer (possibly 24 players is the cap i think)

it will still be awsome though..

i mean the story is soooo long on this game as it, is shortening it won't even make a diff.

i don't care about AI limits on the mission editor and co-op..

i mean its not like i'll ever play with 1000 AI if i had a pc that could run this game..

c'mon BI, xbox 360 would be nice..

i no there is like over 40 controls but surely theres a way to put like all the commands in one menu and crap..

or even take some out..[/QU

if you think even if you had infantry only theres still endless replayability in it if you had all of chernarus trust the mission editor will be great toned down or not :)

Are you asking if ArmA2, the PC game, will have a console based mission editor or are you just too high to function at the moment? :)

Are you asking if ArmA2, the PC game, will have a console based mission editor or are you just too high to function at the moment? :)

lol im ok, is it confirmed about the mission editor for 360?

The game itself is not even confirmed for 360 (yet?) ;)

i thought it had

OFP:DR has been, don't believe ArmA2 has been. I imagine you'll get something like the 'My Missions' editor on console, with presets and whatnot, but a full editor (which requires much typing and externally created scripts) might be out of range of console titles?

I think ARMA2 is too complex to be played on consoles. The gameplay would need to be simplified so much that it would lose most of its realism.

I think ARMA2 is too complex to be played on consoles. The gameplay would need to be simplified so much that it would lose most of its realism.

Ever hear of Operation Flashpoint: Elite?

ArmA 2 is no more complex than OFP was.

well the game world is vast, and the graphics are very pretty, there's a high level of interactivity with the environment, buildings and terrain, there's a complex map editor, there's a large multiplayer component...I really don't think the Xbox would be able to handle this unless it was a stripped down and ugly version.

FP-DR has all this too and will run on consoles just fine. Except for the editor which as a standalone thingy needs an OS like windows and is not included (BIG FAIL for CM imho since OFP: Elite had a good editor...).

Ever hear of Operation Flashpoint: Elite?

ArmA 2 is no more complex than OFP was.

Fine, I'll modify my statement. ArmA2 or any BI games can't be played at their full potential on consoles. I'm speaking about use of community made addons and creation of complex editor missions. Also even though I never played OFP Elite, I assume its very hard to make fine aiming corrections with the gamepad.

Fine, I'll modify my statement. ArmA2 or any BI games can't be played at their full potential on consoles. I'm speaking about use of community made addons and creation of complex editor missions. Also even though I never played OFP Elite, I assume its very hard to make fine aiming corrections with the gamepad.

WOW so you would talk about stuff that you have no real insight about that shows us that you are a ?

I will let everyone fill in the words.

The elite play just like the PC version in everyway and in someways a little better. Yes no mod's and a limited editor but I would put my missions using the elite editor up to most of the PC missions I played and I played a lot in my day. It's all how you the mission maker using the editor. More units is not always better.

just to chime in here, i actually use a 360 controller to play arma2. I know I know, im at a huge disadvantage, and i do get punished for it. its just more comfortable for me to use. im trying to make it work.

Im sure that bohemia could make a console "version" of arma 2, but the bottom line is, is it worth their time and effort? I dont think it would be a walk in the park, the game would have to be ported over, thoroughly bug tested, submitted and approved by microsoft, (which just that submission alone costs like $50,000 just to have microsoft bug test it for a week, and if it doesnt pass you have to do it again).

Also, the majority of the console community would NOT enjoy the game, it would be bashed left and right.

I think it would be wise on bohemias behalf, to wait and see what kind of game dragon rising turns out to be, and how the console community (if there even was such a thing) responds to it.

Or if a publisher said they wanted to publish it, and put up the cash, then if bohemia is so inclined they could give it a shot. Either way, console games dont get published overnight, or for cheap.

Personally, I dont think Bohemia is going to put this on 360. I just dont see it happening. but if they think they can sell at least 600,000 to 800,000 copies at least, it might be worth the while to publish. thats really what it all comes down to.

Edited by deadsmell

WOW so you would talk about stuff that you have no real insight about that shows us that you are a ?

I will let everyone fill in the words.

The elite play just like the PC version in everyway and in someways a little better. Yes no mod's and a limited editor but I would put my missions using the elite editor up to most of the PC missions I played and I played a lot in my day. It's all how you the mission maker using the editor. More units is not always better.

So what if I didn't play OFP: Elite? That doesn't mean my statement is out of place. Isn't a big disadvantage not being able to use the addons and mods made by the community? I don't know if you own ARMA1 but if you do, would you rather play the vanilla version instead of a moded version?

Also I'm not talking about complex missions=lots of units, I'm talking about using scripts. I don't see how you'll be able to proper use the artillery, UAVs and many other features in the console version.

Also its common sense to think that with a gamepad you won't be able to do so fine movements as with a mouse. Seriously, stop acting like a childish console fanboy.

I think thay can put Arma 2 on Xbox 360, why not? there is GTA4, Saints Row 1 & 2, ect. ect. all big open world games also OFP dragon risen is coming to xbox....Maybe Bohemia as a company, just can't handle the computer technical side of it as well, as the companys that made the games listed above.:386:

So what if I didn't play OFP: Elite? That doesn't mean my statement is out of place. Isn't a big disadvantage not being able to use the addons and mods made by the community? I don't know if you own ARMA1 but if you do, would you rather play the vanilla version instead of a moded version?

Also I'm not talking about complex missions=lots of units, I'm talking about using scripts. I don't see how you'll be able to proper use the artillery, UAVs and many other features in the console version.

Also its common sense to think that with a gamepad you won't be able to do so fine movements as with a mouse. Seriously, stop acting like a childish console fanboy.

First it's you who came into a console thread and is acting like a childish PCBOY. WE ALL KNOW A PC HAS MORE TO OFFER.

The controls will worked fine for a console game, the gameplay will be the same that is the bottom line.

Yes mod's are fun but they open a can of worms for cheating on line. The vanilla OFP was fine and the vanilla ARMA1 was good minus the bugs yes some of the MOD for gameplay was great like ACE. I don't really care about the units as much but ACE was nice and should have been in the game at the start from BOHEMIA.

What is you point, why are you here? If BOHEMIA feels they can make some money and have a nice littel market they will find a publisher. Maybe like deadsmell stated:

(wait and see what kind of game dragon rising turns out to be, and how the console community (if there even was such a thing) responds to it.)

he hit the nail on the head. If players like OFPDR which will be a little more towards the standard FPS then yes, it could be a good market on a console.

I am an old pc boy and now I perfer console systems because it fits better in my life and my gaming needs now but a lot of console players want a game like this and a lot more don't know it yet, they never had a chance to play a game like this so they don't know any better. That is the bottom line as well.

ONLY TIME WILL TELL what will be the case.

Hey AVIBIRD, Im MIDAS327 from the OFPDR boards. I left, it got kinda like being behind the Iron Curtain over there with the moderators.

Just my two cents on the subject of mods.

Maybe the marketplace could carry a few really good ones like ACE or VOPsound.

Hey AVIBIRD, Im MIDAS327 from the OFPDR boards. I left, it got kinda like being behind the Iron Curtain over there with the moderators.

Just my two cents on the subject of mods.

Maybe the marketplace could carry a few really good ones like ACE or VOPsound.

Hey what up and know the feel lol. Community mod's will never be allowed on the marketplace only official stuff. MS has a lot of rules for downloads on there system. For a community mod to be made official well it's not that easy as you think!!!

It looks like we will have to wait for a long time to see a ARMA2 game on the 360 or maybe never it's all still up in the air at this time.

OFPDR will be the next best thing for us console players. The game my full my stomach but my appetite will never be met with OFPDR.

I have vowed to never buy a CM product. Now whatever board or site Im on i try to bad talk DR, always telling the truth in the process though.

I think it would be in MS best interest to put out ACE or VOPsound on the marketplace if ArmA2 does come to the 360. I would pay alot of MS points to get my hands on it for the console version.

I have vowed to never buy a CM product. Now whatever board or site Im on i try to bad talk DR, always telling the truth in the process though.

I think it would be in MS best interest to put out ACE or VOPsound on the marketplace if ArmA2 does come to the 360. I would pay alot of MS points to get my hands on it for the console version.

You are a silly little boy! Talk the truth, tell the facts and be honest about things. OFPDR will not be ARMA2 but that does not mean it will not be a good game in it's own right! It will be the only game on a console that will have some of the elements that we the old community wants in a game.

Why would you if you are a console player not get a game that will have some of the gameplay that you want. The other games for consoles will have zero of what you want.

Yes Codemasters has not be upfront with the console community, codemasters has not been giving out a lot of information and real details about the game modes,number of players/AI units so what. Just wait for the game a try it. It will be better then COD/BF that is a fact.

So you are silly for not getting a game that you will like because ARMA2 if it comes out for the console will not be for a long time.

Personally, I just dont like OFPDR. Some of the time it looks like they took it from a comic book. Have you seen the Cobra in their new vid? I wanted to puke being the flyboy that I am. It was like they were soliciting to 3 year olds with all of the "colorful buttons".

avbird on your status ting, it says ofp:dr will have an editor is that for console, if so where did you get the info :)