Sign in to follow this  
NGFT

The "Why I'm going to buy ArmA2" thread

I will buy it because i have lots of faith in BIS correcting as good as all the mistakes made in ArmA... and so far it really looks like it.

All i wanted to have is already in and all aspects i didnt like are changed or fixed as it looks.

i will buy arma2 becouse i have faith in BIS to deliver one of the best must have games of 2009.. plus i love bis and arma(including bugs) tounge2.gif

Unfortunately on some YouTube video's you can see the game is pretty much like Arma (Same stupid ironsights) and except fot the grahics, I believe it will be the same.

I'm going to wait for the demo, if it proves to be the same as ARMA, i'll wait for OFP 2, if that follows the ARMA & ARMA2 thread, I'll just back to flight sims where there is more realism.

i think most of us(except you and some)loved the ironsights

crosshair is useless at long range after all

Because, whatever ppl are saying about BIS, they do respect the community, and i believe they'll try to climb back towards the OFP level, by fixing the mistakes they have done, and by delivering a proper game...i would say: take your time, don't rush it.

OFP2 might end up being a cool game after all, but i never have faith in ppl who have little to no prior experience in war sims. Besides, i want to see some ingame content, before i can judge.

Because it'll be the next gen of the most ass-kicking war sim.

*better AI

*coop campaign

*interaction with civilians

*etc.

Because Its the only game Im going to buy and play for a long while.

Guest Ti0n3r

Because it reminds me of OFP.

Because it's ArmAII, by BIS. Makers of OFP and ArmA?

It's going to be the most up to date of the ultamate game series.

Thats good enough reason for me.

I'll probably buy it. The main reason being that investing in it may mean a future mil sim will get even closer to the perfection I can imagine in my head.

I'll buy regardless, unless it comes with some stupid malware copyprotection scheme (crackers beat it anyway). NoCD from the start would be nice but not as essencial.

I'll buy regardless, in the hopes that it overcomes many of the problems with ArmA in tearms of features (not content).

I'll buy regardless, just for the new island which does look a lot more realistic than Sahrani's "overscaled" features; too steep angles for roads etc. Although I actually love Sahrani too.

I'll buy regardless, just to disect the missions and check out the new scripting possibilities.

Simply put, I'll buy regardless rofl.gif

Because OPF2 sucks.

Yup, unfortuneately.

Because OPF2 sucks.

Yup, unfortuneately.

How do you know that already?

IMO you can't tell if a game sucks until you have tested the final version of the game.

Why will I buy it?

Cuz I've had alot of fun in ArmA. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 was first introduced - yes, I'm fricking old - and I've yet to see many big production PC games that weren't released with glitches and bugs that took over a year to patch out. Even the coveted OFP had it's share of bugs.

I will buy both this one and OFP2, but OFP2 is not set in stone for a 2009 release (anyone who has seen the latest G4 interview knows what I'm talking about).

Besides, the more I see from ArmA 2, the more it looks like BIS finally took the hint and implemented many of the community additions/add-ons. Was about time smile_o.gif

Because of the Aus Community and the members i associate with notworthy.gif

Because OPF2 sucks.

Yup, unfortuneately.

IMO you can't tell if a game sucks until you have tested the final version of the game.

LOL... couldn't see that one coming. rofl.gif All we need is that Pulverizer dude over here and we'll have a full complement. biggrin_o.gif

Why will I buy it?

Cuz I've had alot of fun in ArmA. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 was first introduced - yes, I'm fricking old - and I've yet to see many big production PC games that weren't released with glitches and bugs that took over a year to patch out. Even the coveted OFP had it's share of bugs.

I will buy both this one and OFP2, but OFP2 is not set in stone for a 2009 release (anyone who has seen the latest G4 interview knows what I'm talking about).

Besides, the more I see from ArmA 2, the more it looks like BIS finally took the hint and implemented many of the community additions/add-ons. Was about time smile_o.gif

Lol you think your old, ive been gaming since space invaders first came out 10p a game and i got that good at it they banned me from the curry shop where it was sited.

I will be buying arma 2 because i love the scope of this sim, I remember longing for a game of this magnatude then flashpoint came out. Arma 2 is this game but with lots of improvements and thats good enough for me.. smile_o.gif

I'm gonna buy ArmA2 in hopes of it regaining Operation Flashpoint's epic glory, wich i still play to this day, from release day on.

Literally, the first thing that happens on a new computer i get is the installation of that pearl.

And i just know Codemasters is gonna fuck 'OFP2' up.

Theyve got no experience, and the mindset to please everyone. No matter if the design team says otherwise.

I don't know what the reason will be.

I'll wait after it has been published and plenty of people have reported here how well it is working. If I see the Troubleshooting board get flooded again, then I might have to postpone the purchase further, which in fact could result in me not buying the product at all, if I happen to completely lose interest in playing computer games.

But let's see what they publish. I would have to buy new hardware, and I have been quite resistant to that idea for years now. Let's see if ArmA II is the thing that forces me to buy new hardware. It's a good example of how the software and hardware sales are tied together.

i will buy ArmA2 just because i can.... wink_o.gif

Seriously, i think BIS are the best when it comes to creating a realistic combat enviroment!

And..... When i interview people about ArmA2 - i just have to know where my guests will talk about!

ArmA2 can count on Sahrani Radio's support, just like we did with ArmA1

Im buying it because I have one last hope that it will deliver what OFP did and what ArmA Didnt.  smile_o.gif

I don't know yet why... I need to look it as a player and as a customer.

ROW, ROW... yay.gif

Because OPF2 sucks.

Yup, unfortuneately.

Stay on topic please.

Thanks

I'll probably buy it.

But it's hard to say for sure. I installed ArmA back after uninstalling it about half year ago but even after that long break ArmA didn't feel good. So i really have to see demo. First thing i check is that can i make terrain to turn bumpy and broken like in OFP. That is now my main consern/expetation with ArmA2 as that is what makes me despise ArmA firefights and love OFP firefights.