Sign in to follow this  
Onebitlink

SAS

Hi B.I.!

I was wonderin do u have any plans to put SAS or Delta Force in ArmA2? I've got photos and stuff that I can send you if u need.

I think it would add to the game as games with the SAS in seem to do really well on the market, like Call of Duty 4, the main reason people played it was because it gave an insight into how the SAS operate on missions and it shows the weapons and gear they use.

Thanks 4 reading this

Well there is no sign at all that there are going to be British forces in ArmA2, so that would likely mean no SAS. Also, the only US forces we know of are going to be the Marines, and since Delta is the army... thats a no as well.

On a side note, COD4's success has absolutly nothing to do with the fact there were SAS in the game. It was simply because COD1 and COD2 were extreamly popular. The forces in the game could have been made up (or not included the SAS), and the game would have sold just as well. To think that "the main reason people played it" was because of the SAS is laughable at best.

Well there is no sign at all that there are going to be British forces in ArmA2, so that would likely mean no SAS. Also, the only US forces we know of are going to be the Marines, and since Delta is the army... thats a no as well.

On a side note, COD4's success has absolutly nothing to do with the fact there were SAS in the game. It was simply because COD1 and COD2 were extreamly popular. The forces in the game could have been made up (or not included the SAS), and the game would have sold just as well. To think that "the main reason people played it" was because of the SAS is laughable at best.

I think u'll find it sold because people wanted to c how the SAS operate and the weapons they use.

My uncle was part of the marketing team and he told me so your outta ur depth with this 1 bud.

because it gave an insight into how the SAS operate on missions and it shows the weapons and gear they use.

It does?

I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be SAS in the game.

I think u'll find it sold because people wanted to c how the SAS operate and the weapons they use.

My uncle was part of the marketing team and he told me so your outta ur depth with this 1 bud.

Quote[/b] ]§13) Write in English

In the English part of the board please write in English and in the Czech write in Czech. <span style='color:red'>Try avoiding writing in any other language or (internet) slang since the majority of the members most likely won't understand.</span>

It should be clear by now that the BLUEFOR side in ArmA is represented by the USMC. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It should be clear by now that the BLUEFOR side in ArmA is represented by the USMC

uhh year -  whistle.gif

its fuck- all games are amerikans amerikans .......... this is boring.

natooperation ? section 1 us, section 2  england , section 3 france ,germany !  4 sides and with her vehikles you can made 50 % all armys in world.

this ist a good thing biggrin_o.gif  .........and i must played with ther dump amerikan heros .   huh.gif

THE USMC HAS NO ABRAHAM TANKS

make it or make it nothing..... nener.gif

I'm not even sure whether the general COD 4 player even knows what SAS is.

It's abrams tank...and you're wrong.

The USMC does have M1A1 tanks now, I can't say about TUSK varians however but you never know what they have on the field, I have seen a few abrams with some parts from the TUSK kit but not full.

Not even going to continue the possible flame war with the SAS.

I think I must back up my compatriot, Stakex, and say that your proposal is laughable. It may have been part of the marketing strategy to rely on whatever interest some people may have in the special air service, but to say that is the reason it sold so well is ridiculous and unfounded.

are you a persistant joker who is out to make me laugh?

for shits and giggles, i recommend searching mr. 'Onebitlink' s posts with the search function, I especially like this one, a reply to a British Arma Clan recruiting:

Quote[/b] ]I'm interested in the Royal Navy side of BF.

Is there any chance of using Submarines? I've got so many books on them I don't know where to start!! I know Sub tactics and everything, could i do this in British Forces?

Thx!

It's abrams tank...and you're wrong.

Well... he said "Abraham tank" so I presume he did mean the Abraham tank. And it's absolutely correct that the USMC doesn't possess that particular tank.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the M1A270 "Abraham" Main Battle Goat: Abraham tank - Note the Multiple-Launch Rocket System on the rump!

I'd like to see that one in ArmA2. It would make the game sell better (even better than if SAS was added) as alot of people are interested in seeing how to operate this vehicle. smile_o.gif

are you a persistant joker who is out to make me laugh?

for shits and giggles, i recommend searching mr. 'Onebitlink' s posts with the search function, I especially like this one, a reply to a British Arma Clan recruiting:

Quote[/b] ]I'm interested in the Royal Navy side of BF.

Is there any chance of using Submarines? I've got so many books on them I don't know where to start!! I know Sub tactics and everything, could i do this in British Forces?

Thx!

Hahah I saw that post, does that guy even know what ArmA is?

Oh, c'mon guys, why make a laughing stock of JgBtl292?

He made a mistake, maybe two or three? I know i made some.

He just didn't know that USMC is using Abrams tank (i didn't also), and he spelled it wrong, so what? I really don't know what equipment USArmy or USMC uses ,

and i'm sure not many members of this forum do. wink_o.gif (i only use what BIS and moders give to us, i don't know nothing about it...well almost nothing)

Although, Rawr, you made me LOL.

To be honest, i wanted to congratulate you on a good find on Abrahams tank, I'm glad i didn't, at the last second i've looked at the picture and i was ROFLMFAO, on my account. tounge2.gif

I think having the SAS in ArmA2 would be awesome: One of my few real gripes with ArmA was that none of the characters had mutton-chops or handle-bar 'taches.

If there's one thing I've learned while being a part of a team that makes British kit for BIS's games, it's that deep down everyone wants to play as a bloke wearing a black boiler suit and an S10.

it's that deep down everyone wants to play as a bloke wearing a black boiler suit and an S10.

Isnt that more of a "hobby" tho old bean? rofl.gif

"Surely you can't be serious ... I'm serious, and don't call me Shirley." very insightful smile_o.gif

Ontopic - SAS would be a good unit to play as ... and not just because I'm British ...  wink_o.gif

As nice as it would be to see SAS forces in Arma and even moreso working alongside american troops I doubt we'll see it by default, too late at this stage.

Now for addons I'm sure somebody will make it or atleast I hope they do, I enjoyed the addon in OFP and was rather saddened to see none in Arma but hey ya get what ya get yaknow.

besides the fact the SAS are generaly NOT defined by looking different to any of the unit types they work with/around/through and sometimes against means that the vast majority of SAS units have already been made.

As for those rare ocassions when the SAS stand out, or there is a noticeable SAS flavour.........Thats what the community is for.

The most that could be done towards creating SAS content would be to design the sort of missions they embark on. And why would BIS do that if they've already given us the tools to do it ourselves.