Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

ADDON MAKERS

Note for the RACS team (and all other addon makers), make sure when you make bomb and missile 3d models, that you give the GEO lod some weight (in kgs) but DO NOT STRUCTURE -> TOPOLOGY -> FIND COMPONENTS

. ie defining "Component01", "Component02" etc in O2

The "Find Components" option in O2 typically makes it so other objects are able to impact the geometry LOD, and vice versa. The problem is this means when a 100kg object doing 900km/h hits another static object, ArmA has a habit of making the static object fly off !! especially ships sad_o.gif

It also avoids problems like dropping bombs from a plane and having them "bump" into the plane itself.

Anyhow, a lesson learnt from me, that probably a few in the community already knew.

BTW, nice work on the ships wink_o.gif

News Flash!!!!!

In the addons complete section we have released our Mirage 2000 finally

It's just for the picture, or you managed to get the helis in there without all the bumping, etc.

Did you use a script?

my god guys those ships look great

nice work conor!

That Type 42 looks very very low in water at stern!

Might want to look at that, its about 2-3 m down...

Looking fantastic fellas, thanks so much! biggrin_o.gif

looking great

also to me anyway it looks like the back where the heli is the back is open

is it meant to be like that?

also will these be able to drop CRRC or RHIB in the water?

Yes that area right below deck is open, if you look closely you can see the rest of the model has sunk under too.

It's just for the picture, or you managed to get the helis in there without all the bumping, etc.

Did you use a script?

When the ships are static i.e not moving you can land etc no worries problem with the arma engine happens when you start moving the helo's/people slide about.

I've seen opf ships with a script that holds down the tanks/planes etc but it wasn't perfect.

Southy

@Fritz160 wolf

Ships often undergo defence modifications and changes, especially when purchased by other nations.

Really looking forward to ships that can pass as British providing seaborne insertions and naval gunfire. smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Dec. 05 2008,07:49)]@Fritz160 wolf

Ships often undergo defence modifications and changes, especially when purchased by other nations.

Really looking forward to ships that can pass as British providing seaborne insertions and naval gunfire.  smile_o.gif

..........but we are not making British ships..... In fact we are working hard to make them very unlike thier british sources. these are RSN ships and thus will be unique.

If you are interested in british ships contact CBFASI hes a very nice fella and i am sure would love to let you prot the strictly British versions

Man the look really good and will be looking forward to seeing them in game,

If i may respectfully make a suggestion, Have the Project Racs Team not considered placing the 30mm or 20mm on each side just abaft the bridge wings and what about a single goal keeper (phlanx system)?

If i may further ask "Is it Project RACs intention to allow AI (ships) to provided inshore indirect fire support to ground units"

Quote[/b] ]..........but we are not making British ships.....

I'm well aware. But I said:

Quote[/b] ]that can pass as British

If it looks like a Type 42, shoots like a Type 42 and has a flightdeck, then we're happy to pretend it's a Type 42.  wink_o.gif

There're more British clans than RACS clans knocking about you know, we've got to make do with what we can get our hands on. And as PRACS appear to be very good at getting addons out the door, it'd be a shame not to make use of your content. As I said, we can't afford to be too fussy.

Daniel @ Dec. 05 2008,18:46)]
Quote[/b] ]..........but we are not making British ships.....

I'm well aware. But I said:

Quote[/b] ]that can pass as British

If it looks like a Type 42, shoots like a Type 42 and has a flightdeck, then we're happy to pretend it's a Type 42.  wink_o.gif

There're more British clans than RACS clans knocking about you know, we've got to make do with what we can get our hands on. And as PRACS appear to be very good at getting addons out the door, it'd be a shame not to make use of your content. As I said, we can't afford to be too fussy.

lol im just pokin at ya bud  wink_o.gif

I like the way the hardware comes form different sources so that anyone playing this game US, British, German, etc can realistically make missions that they support the RACS or are participating in combined operations.

basically the ships have all the functions as any other vehicle in game just on the water. So if you select it and tell the AI to fire at something ..... they do one hell of a job at hammering it. I actually need to adjust the configs a bit cause the gunners do not hesitate to go black on ammo....

We avoid the CIWS or the Phalanx gun as it woudl require a bunch of scripting to intercept missiles and we do our best to avoid that for multiplayer capability.

Heh, no probs, you guys are doing a great job and we're looking forward to using them! Like I say, as long as they shoot well and we can use the helipad, we'll be more than happy. Keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

We avoid the CIWS or the Phalanx gun as it woudl require a bunch of scripting to intercept missiles and we do our best to avoid that for multiplayer capability.

have you seen this ?

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=37822#37822

Quote[/b] ]If there are any credible maritime makers out there who need the Phalanx or MK13 launcher, they can contact me. I made a Mk21 but due to proxy limitations with static objects I didn't like the result, so made a MK13 instead.

according to them , they use no scripting at all , so there would be no problem in MP . they look just fantastic

ive been working rather hard on our ground based Bofors gun. If anyone is interested in teaching me how to animat the gun barrel to recoil please PM me

thanks

Eddie

hey wld if the gun barrel moves are also gona add it to make like the chassis move a bit to are shake. alittle. you were in the army ya probbely seen humvees move slightly when there firing like 40mm Gernade launcher and abrams move a bit when there main gun fires. "just asking for realistic recoil effects. smile_o.gif

also there gona be any female soldier naval sailors. plus officers smile_o.gif

hey wld if the gun barrel moves are also gona add it to make like the chassis move a bit to are shake.  alittle. you were in the army  ya probbely seen humvees move slightly when there firing like 40mm Gernade launcher and abrams move a bit when there main gun fires.   "just asking for realistic recoil effects.  smile_o.gif

also there gona be any female soldier naval sailors. plus officers  smile_o.gif

wow more requests...... smile_o.gif

too bad we dont have as many offers to help out as we do requests..... xmas_o.gif

honestly seeing as how my wife and that of FA Dalai Lamar are threatening to make us single again (no Joke) because we pour so much time into these addons that i doubt you will see anything else new from us that you have not seen yet.

I really want to make the barrell recoil on the bofors to add some realism to it. The model was made a very long tome ago and is not perfect. It also needs some help in the texture department. hell our whole project needs more help in the texture department. For example i have had the MiG23 sitting on my desktop for the last 4 months just waiting for RVMATs.

basically i am pleading for more help. We have had to cut addons out of the project for simple reason we will never be able to finish them. The Mirage 2000 is a perfect example of how we get so overloaded that we just want to put it out to get it over with.....and for that quality does suffer.

PS.... i really do want to have more stuff in this project. In due time we may. First we need to finish what we have.

PSS....We are not quitting thei project....well unless my wife shoots me......

and as far as a Mk19 on a humvee goes.... i remember as a new private back in the day driving up a road in afghanistan and my gunner lightes that damn thing off making the truck damn near jump the friggin lane......

It also needs some help in the texture department.

Like I said, when you get 40mm bofors ready for sharing with FWW2, I work textures for it and share results. Of course I can add camo pattern/color of your wish for it straight away so you don't need to work on textures at all smile_o.gif