Sign in to follow this  
luky.m

Patch 1.14 Troubleshooting

I'm still getting the "out of memory" error, albeit not as consistently as version 1.12(which was by far the worst for me.) Now it seems to happen more randomly and less frequently but still makes it impossible to get immersed in a mission.

Maxmem=512 doesn't work. vm108, pre-patch 1.12, made it go away.

I'm running:

Asus P5E3 Wi-fi mobo

C2E 9650 3.0ghz

4gb DDR3 1600hz

8800GTS with 175.16 drivers

Vista Ultimate 32bit

Has anyone else figured out a fix for this?

Hi guys

Quote[/b] ]I've got NO multiplayer servers showing in my list. I've gone through all the filter settings, it is basically set to be the least intrusive and everything is open, show everything basically. NO servers. Once again, no issues before 1.14, everything was fine in my 1.12 beta.. just played last night on my units server, now I dont even see that server in the list anymore, even if i search for it directly, nothing. The server is, however, not updated to 1.14 yet, but it should still show up and just show the orange circle or whatever for a different version.

Sorry but I'm having the same issue. Any ideas??? crazy_o.gif

*edit* hmmm I get an error when I click on Multiplayer in main menue: No Entry bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayer.ShowNoBattle'.

ricnunes, Legislator, walker

Here is troubleshooting and I don't see what the Kamov and A-G weapons have to do with that.

Use the feedback thread for this. smile_o.gif

Well I have the impression that it's in fact a bug which was introduced in version 1.12. There are some reasons which makes me believe that, which are:

-> As I previously said, this is present in versions 1.12 and 1.14 and not in previous ones.

-> This wasn't mentioned in the change log as a "new feature".

-> The Vikhr is an air-to-ground missile and in Operation Flashpoint and ArmA (again except versions 1.12 and 1.14) it only locked ground targets and NOT air targets.

And because I have the impression that it's a bug, I decided to report here instead of using the feedback one for example. But sorry, if I'm mistaken.

Assumption. you don't know really. so many factor can make a missile usuable  or not for air target. not just targeting system ...

It's not assumption, it's a fact!

In fact I can point you seveal reasons that indicates that the Hellfire can be in fact better than the Vihkr at engaging aerial targets (but still of course not the indicated weapon for that purpose), being one of the reasons that the Hellfire is more precise than the Vihkr. Other "factors that can make a missile usuable for air target" are agility, speed and capability to track the target, factors of which the Hellfire is either similar to or superior to the Vihkr. But discussing this is not the objective of this thread, so I will not develop this post any further.

any1 else having a huge desync on server with 1.14 patch installed???

Currently our clan has reverted back to 1.08 because of this huge desync after patching sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Assumption. you don't know really. so many factor can make a missile usuable or not for air target. not just targeting system ...

It's not assumption, it's a fact!

In fact I can point you seveal reasons that indicates that the Hellfire can be in fact better than the Vihkr at engaging aerial targets (but still of course not the indicated weapon for that purpose), being one of the reasons that the Hellfire is more precise than the Vihkr. Other "factors that can make a missile usuable for air target" are agility, speed and capability to track the target, factors of which the Hellfire is either similar to or superior to the Vihkr. But discussing this is not the objective of this thread, so I will not develop this post any further.

Hellfire could be better @all than vikhr. after all , the Vikhr is an old one radio channel relic rofl.gif .

But i simply don't know... wink_o.gif i never fire one myself , so. Guys , i don't understand why you are so dissapointed by the fast East and West haven't exact same arsenal.

I means, it doesnt count as soon as you prepare well your squad !

just bring one stinger more biggrin_o.gif.

Hi guys
Quote[/b] ]I've got NO multiplayer servers showing in my list. I've gone through all the filter settings, it is basically set to be the least intrusive and everything is open, show everything basically. NO servers. Once again, no issues before 1.14, everything was fine in my 1.12 beta.. just played last night on my units server, now I dont even see that server in the list anymore, even if i search for it directly, nothing. The server is, however, not updated to 1.14 yet, but it should still show up and just show the orange circle or whatever for a different version.

*edit* hmmm I get an error when I click on Multiplayer in main menue: No Entry bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayer.ShowNoBattle'.

I've got the exact same issue.... I get the same error when clicking Multiplayer

Hi guys I need your help.

Ive got my arma.exe from sprocketidea.com

the 1.08 was downloaded from one of the official links

first of all while installing 1.14 it doesnt recognize my version.

when I set it to sprocketidea gives me a problem installing...

So I selected the CHEcz DVD version, this time it installed well.

but when getting in the game I get the following message

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/LadderMoveBase.connectFrom

I guess this is the reason why I cant move (the player is stuck in a weird position like climbing a ladder) when I get in any online/lan game

I already unistalled and reinstalled =/

help is very much appreciated

Ive got a big problem, nearly every minute i play since the last patch i get this message:

Error memory surface 3484x bla bla or so.

I dont know what it is, but alot of players have problems with it. I tried -maxmem=512, it still crashes.

Hellfire could be better @all than vikhr. after all , the Vikhr is an old one radio channel relic  rofl.gif .

But i simply don't know...  wink_o.gif i never fire one myself , so. Guys , i don't understand why you are so dissapointed by the fast East and West haven't exact same arsenal.

Actually the Vikhr is in fact laser guided and not radio command guided. Don't confuse the Vikhr missile with the Ataka missile (both are Russian air launched anti-tank missiles). But even so the Vikhr (laser) guidance system is yes, a simplier and less advanced than the Hellfire guidance system.

Quote[/b] ]But i simply don't know... wink_o.gif i never fire one myself , so. Guys , i don't understand why you are so dissapointed by the fast East and West haven't exact same arsenal.

The issue is not about "dissapointed by the fast East and West haven't exact same arsenal" but it's instead because it's not realistic to have a Vikhr missile which is extremelly effective against air targets, almost as effective as pure air-to-air missiles which is what we currently have in ArmA. The point that I was making is that if the Vikhr can engage air targets the Hellfire should do the same, but honestly I think that none of those missile should be able to lock air targets in Arma, mainly because of gameplay issues.

Quote[/b] ]I means, it doesnt count as soon as you prepare well your squad !

just bring one stinger more biggrin_o.gif.

The problem is that in helicopter versus helicopter engagements (for example an AH-1Z versus Ka-50 engagement) will be completly unbalanced, favouring too much (and unrealistically so) the Ka-50s in ArmA, which has nothing to do with having or not extra Stinger missiles.

There has been a fix released regarding the Ka-50, click me smile_o.gif So I think this discussion is over wink_o.gif Whoever wants the AA Kamov can avoid this fix and whoever wants the old Kamov back is happy too. Now let's shake hands and dance yay.gif

This Kamov discussion is definitely over now, like said you can complain about this in the feedback thread. This is for troubleshooting.

All future posts regarding the Kamovs AT weapon will be deleted.

Edit: As a sidenote:

Quote[/b] ]Vikhr (AT-9)

The latest aircraft antiarmor missile is the 9A4172 of the Vikhr (AT-9) family for Ka-50 helicopters and Su-25T aircraft. It was built in Tula by A. Shipunov's group (Priborostroyeniye Design Bureau), builder of aircraft guns. The missile is fired from launchers containing a 6-8 pack. Its guidance system combines radio-command guidance during the initial flight stage followed by laser-beam guidance afterwards. The missile is a supersonic one with a 8-10 km range, its caliber is 125 mm, and its weight together with the launcher is 60 kg. The two-stage shaped-charge warhead is capable of piercing armor of equivalent to 900 mm thickness. <span style='color:red'>With the switch set in the appropriate position on the pilot's panel in the cockpit, the Vikhr operates as an air-to-air missile with a radar turn-on for approach navigation. It is effective against airborne targets flying at speeds up to 800 km/h (600 km/h during rendezvous tacks).</span>

Source

problem with sound:

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=0;

if i have setup these settings they game is running pretty good.

but u can´t hear far.

-------------------------------------------------------------

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=1;

if i put the hardwareacceleration on, i can hear all pretty far and good but the game hangs after a time.

if i press control+alt+delete, i switch after a while to desctop and than i can get back ingame. i can do this 2-3 times, than the whole maschine locked up.

i have the creative x-fi music, and that card can manage hardwareaccelleration normaly. but why is that not working in arma.

the diffrence between soundEnableHW on / off is so much.

its like u hear good or u are deaf.

is there a workaround that u can switch hardware-acc. on, without crashing the game ??

thx for help.

I haven't trawled through this whole thread but I fixed an install issue on xp32.

When i patched it wouldn't run stating a missing dll "ifc22.dll". Thankfully I have dual boot and already patched my xp install version. I found the dll in the arma route of my xp install and simply pasted it in to the same place into the vista install directory (yes it was missing).

After that all was fine. Not sure how often that happens but anyway thought id post about it.

Hey guys i get this error when i click the ArmA.exe without ANY addons on except DBE1 and i've tried without DBE1

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x28/layne_suhr/ErrorwithArmA114.jpg

Then it goes to black screen then goes back and gives this error...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x28/layne_suhr/nexterrorarma114.jpg

confused_o.gifsad_o.gif Please help (First time happened with my ArmA copy)

I have tried to re-install...

Hey guys i get this error when i click the ArmA.exe without ANY addons on except DBE1 and i've tried without DBE1

Just a shot in the dark but... try reinstalling DirectX and your video drivers

Just a shot in the dark but... try reinstalling DirectX and your video drivers

How would i do that??? Sorry I don't have a knowledge of DirectX etc...

I know that it has something to do with the bin.pbo because when i move the bin.pbo out of the Dta folder it creates a different error...

Hi guys when playing queens gambit missions with the new patch today I got these weird graphical glitches near the end of the mission. It carried on into the cutscene afterwards too.

Glitches

Hi guys

I've got the exact same issue.... I get the same error when clicking Multiplayer

Hey Shadow.

Have you been able to get around this at all?

I have just found out that the command menu using the backspace key does not only do not work in the BMP-2, but also in the commanders seat of the shilka AAA-tank.

My only problem so far is I can't open the english version of the warfare manual...adobie says it can't decrypt this file....but the czech version loads right up

**edit it may be my older version of adobe 5.0 pro that can't open it

My only problem so far is I can't open the english version of the warfare manual...adobie says it can't decrypt this file....but the czech version loads right up

**edit it may be my older version of adobe 5.0 pro that can't open it

Nup i have adobe 7.0 and it doesn't work

P.S I am now running V1.14 fine biggrin_o.gif

I can't seem to play any warfare map without "out of memory" crashes to desktop. I've even had a couple of BSODs. I tried maxmem on and off.

Vista64

4gb ram

8800gtx

6600 dual core