Sign in to follow this  
luky.m

Patch 1.14 Troubleshooting

Just a generic comment for all Vista 32 & 8800GT* users, and yes I may be repeating similar topics already, sorry:

Since 1.14 I (also) had this stuttering and drop in FPS. I did see the suggestion to install Vista Patch 1.

It really fixed the job. Totally stuttering free and improved FPS.

I'm still getting the "out of memory" error, albeit not as consistently as version 1.12(which was by far the worst for me.) Now it seems to happen more randomly and less frequently but still makes it impossible to get immersed in a mission.

Maxmem=512 doesn't work. vm108, pre-patch 1.12, made it go away.

I'm running:

Asus P5E3 Wi-fi mobo

C2E 9650 3.0ghz

4gb DDR3 1600hz

8800GTS with 175.16 drivers

Vista Ultimate 32bit

Has anyone else figured out a fix for this?

MadDogX,

I've quoted my original post regarding the "Out of Memory" error/CTD I'm still getting in v1.14. It only happens with larger/busier missions, especially if I create a mission using Silola's DAC v2.0. It seems to depend on how many units/vehicles are present and depending on how many there is, I will CTD at different times after the start of a mission. If there's a ton of units/vehicles present it will CTD at the mission's start during DAC's initialization when it creates/places the units. Then I'll start up the Editor, reduce the amount of units/vehicles the mission has, preview it and then I can play a few minutes into the mission before CTD/Out of Memory occurs.

It doesn't only happen with my own missions using DACv2.0. I've had it happen with False Prophet's It' War SP mission, the various versions of MrN's epic Dynamic War and others.

With v1.12/v1.14 patch the CTD just happens out of the blue. Usually there's now slow down, stuttering or FPS drop; it just crashes with out warning. The Out of Memory CTD's rarely occurred until ArmA v1.09, and got worse in v1.11 and v1.12. In v1.14 it's a little more giving, i.e. I can play longer until a CTD and it seems I can add more units until it CTD's at the start of a mission.

Finally, here's my a link to my DXDiag:

http://pastebin.com/m797a5662

If you have any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears.

I have queens gambit installed and patched to 1.14, every since I installed QG and updated to 1.14, when I enter the editor I seem to be missing the game logic and empty choices that were there before I upgraded.:wall: Any assistance or logical Ideas would be greatly appreciated. BTW my rig is what I consider substandard for playing arma, but I still manage to have fun and really find it to be the one game out of the many that draws me back into it.

My specz

P4 3.2 core duo 800mhz FS bus

1 gig generic ram

X800XT platinum 256 ram

7800 rpm drive

Only 12 processes at startup though, I think that helps greatly.

so if i read that this is "final patch" and game will be loosing textures as people report... than BIS f*** what was good since 1.08 and 1.09beta and it will be a final of game ;] not final patch but final of game

with new drivers from time to time i still see far LODs on some trees/bushes sometimes on buildings i see low resolution textures, if game would be behaving like this than... game over...

on my PC it was working good (with small problems) since 1.00 to 1.05

1.05 f*** everything and it was playable after 1.08

it is stupid software if it works only on some versions like 1.00-1.04 and 1.08-1.14 :/

i had many games on my PC, never any of them made any single problems, even all nights of playing SOF3 or other new games, newer than ARMA by date of release

Vilas,

this is 99% related to your drivers..try updating to latest graphics driver and then update/reinstall the latest DirectX-March2008.

Any custom modification installed?

Can you provide any assistance with my problem, please?

---------------------

Well regarding my problems with v1.14 and the damn out of memory error/CTD I discussed a few posts above, I have a new development.

I just went out and picked up an ATI HD 3870 512mb OC(dl'd v8.5 driver too) to test and I still get the CTD's. It ain't the GPU.

I'm so let down I still get this CTD, it seems most others don't see it anymore.

**Check the 3rd post above this one for other info**

It runs fine on my main system, Installed on my second pc for LAN play and i get a CTD after about 2 mins play if i leave it sitting on the game menu i still get CTD. Error arma.exe encounterd a error.

Clean game install + QG +1.08 + 1.14 no mods

Amd duel core 2ghz, 2 gig ram, 7900gt xp sp2, 175. nvidia drivers. Have allso tried maxmem=512

Any idea's

Need some help here:

when I don't put the cd in my drive ...

the game starts anyway...

and this from the patch 1.09 for me,and up to 1.14

what can I do banghead.gif

Need some help here:

and this from the patch 1.09 for me,and  up to 1.14

what can I do  banghead.gif

Is that a problem?

You can put the ArmA DVD into your DVD drive anyways, if it bothers you that it isn't there when ArmA is running...  huh.gif

It's meant to be like that. Some people think it is better that we don't need to insert the DVD into the DVD drive when we want to play a game. I agree with those people.

It runs fine on my main system, Installed on my second pc for LAN play and i get a CTD after about 2 mins play if i leave it sitting on the game menu i still get CTD. Error arma.exe encounterd a error.

Amd duel core 2ghz, 2 gig ram, 7900gt xp sp2, 175. nvidia drivers. Have allso tried maxmem=512

Any idea's

My idea is:

If you only have one copy of ArmA, than you are not allowed to install it on a second rig, not for "inhouse lan gaming" and not for something else. wink_o.gif

Even if you get it to work on the second PC, you will activate the copy protection as soon you start the lan session. whistle.gif

Edit:

Not that it should make any problems, until two PC´s with one copy ArmA are active in an lan-network or the i-net.

Need some help here:

and this from the patch 1.09 for me,and up to 1.14

what can I do banghead.gif

LOL

you don't mean that seriously now, no?

You're the first that complains because the game runs without the DVD in the drive.

Sorry, but...

rofl.gif

Any idea's

Yes, get a proper 2nd licence for the 2nd PC.

<span style='font-size:7.1pt;line-height:100%'>or run a server on one machine that doesn't check CD-keys...</span>

I am still missing the EMPTY and GAMELOGIC entry in my editor, this occoured after I installed QG and updated it to 1.14 banghead.gif Anyone else missing these entrys in their editor?huh.gif Does anyone have any idea why they are no longer there. banghead.gif Sorry bout all the headbanging, seems it helps to get your questions answered if you have at least one in your post thumbs-up.gif Thanks in advance for any assistance that may be offered

Have you placed a player unit first on the map? You can't place empty vehicles unless you have at least one playable unit somewhere on the map.

Thank you for your prompt and courteous attention, Yes i have added a unit and groups, cant remember if i set it to playable though.But your assistance is a great help in pointing me in the direction i need to go. Ill post back if this was the problem. Have a good one, and thanks for deleting my repost. thumbs-up.gif

Worked like a champ. yay.gif Wish all my probs were solved that easy. wink_o.gif Thanks again. Your efficiency and knowledge are now legendary among the people of my planet! notworthy.gif

This is unbelievable!! In v1.14 the Ka-50 are still able to attack air targets with their Vikhr missiles! I can't believe that BIS didn't fix this!

The Vikhr missiles are still too precise against air targets (but seem less than in 1.12) and if the Vikhr can engage air targets was implemented on purpose than it's unbelievable that they didn't do this for the Hellfire as well!

OOmMMGG  this is a hugh problem dont you think   ,,,

Get real man ffs  there are more serious problems to deal with that this crap, complaining about some crappy missile if thats make its any better to play ......

I can hardly call this troubleshooting  

In your arma shortcut remove the beta from the command line.

c:/program files/BIS/Arma/beta/arma.exe

If that doesnt work check that your mod folders in the shortcut dont have a ; at the very end..

IF that doesnt work try reinstall, i used to get this when starting arma wrong.

First, thanks all for the help.  I've undertaken troubleshooting with another game and it is not easy. smile_o.gif  (And sys specs are fundamental in any troubleshooting.)  thumbs-up.gif

Second, I'm becoming convinced (perhaps wrongfully) that it isn't a command line issue.  Reasons:

- the same command line worked fine with 1.08 for me and apparently Layne, unless they changed something about the command line properties.

- Layne said he already tried a reinstall.

- Like I said, I use Kegetys launcher, and it seems like it would get the basics correct, like not ending with a semicolon, etc.

- I only get the error with some mods added, and not others.  I'm trying to put together a list, but some that work are DMSmoke, and Mapfact and Vilas' models, and the suppression script.  Some that give me the error are a (don't laugh) health bar addon, and CSM, and a couple other things I'm trying to narrow down.

I can live without the stuff (for now), but would like to figure it out.  And, of course, I'm still open to the idea it is a command line issue.  In googling it, I know that's what has appeared to fix it in the past.

Thanks again.

if i am not mistaken it seems some of your problem is caused by addons, try to isolate the problem by trying them one by one to see which is the troublemaker

and @Apache

you may be right that those reply are not belongs to troubleshooting, but its better off telling the fact without bitching

@ vilas

its really strange that you have extensive problem running the game that many others dont have, at this point i would simply start to debug from the standing point, repluging all hardwares, have a complete format for my harddisks, reinstall windows with an pre-intergrated windows xp SP2/3 with latest hotfix(which cause much less problem then installing them one by one from my test, i havent did any reinstallation of windows since then)on it and reinstall all latest driver

The absolute first thing to do when you have patched should be to run completely vanilla ArmA. There is absolutely no point in posting here that it doesn't work when tried with x,y,z addons and mods.

For me, I had experienced worsening stutters and freezes from 1.08->1.14 on my Vista 64, 8800GT, 4gb RAM, Q6600 system. Updating both the DirectX9 and the nvidia drivers completely reversed the problems, and I'm now playing with 7k+ viewdistance and most things on high with thoroughly playable fps.

Any idea's

Yes, get a proper 2nd licence for the 2nd PC.

Thanks for the replys

I no i need a second key to play on a network but thats not the problem, I installed it on the second pc but if i run single player or leave it on the main menu i get CTD. So if i go out and buy a second copy its going to do the same.

Make sure all drivers are up to date, don`t forget to check for BIOS updates and don`t install drivers from the CD`s that come with the hardware.

If you want to play ArmA on two PC`s legaly, buy a second copy.

Why? See my sig.

@ May 29 2008,12:15)]
This is unbelievable!! In v1.14 the Ka-50 are still able to attack air targets...
... Get real man ffs  there are more serious problems to deal with that this crap, complaining about some crappy missile if thats make its any better to play ...

I just want to give you support for what you said. I agree. It's great to see the energy and the enthusiasm, but I think it could be spent better.

gd gentlemen,

I've got a problem with ArmA 1.14.

Since I reinstalled my ArmA and start the MP Internet Mode, the serverlist is empty. Is it because their aren't any ArmA1.14 Servers or can it be another problem?

Did someone have the same issues here?

There are 1.14 servers.

The problems is likely at your end of the cable.

Check what settings you have in the server list screen. If there is everything like it should, maybe also make sure there is no firewall blocking ArmA.

The problems is likely at your end of the cable.

Check what settings you have in the server list screen. If there is everything like it should, maybe also make sure there is no firewall blocking ArmA.

ok good, that would be my next possibility.

I will check it, thanks for your reply. smile_o.gif

Great, no-addons, just removed the beta, everything installed 1.14 and what happens? Crashes to bsod or locks up every time I play the alligator mission. 100% genuine fan who paid for this upon release and I'm fed up with this crashing madness. I sadly don't have time to resolve it. My understanding is that patches actually improve stability. Well not in this case. I'll fire a formal email to BIS support so they know what problems I'm experiencing but in all honesty unless it's working after a complete removal,re-install and update then I'm walking away from this great game which crashes like a b******d on my decent rig.

Cheers

TxRx