Sign in to follow this  
luky.m

Patch 1.14 Troubleshooting

hi all i have found one very strange bug with a 1.12 and 1.14 update.

when i select a binocular after select a hand gun and crouch me a binocular d'ont working.

and when after this position i select a hand gun its a primary weapon he selected i have a hand gun in hand and a primary weapon on back.

and when i fired its my primary weapon on back he shot very strange i have see this when i play one sniper.

My mate has problem, when we are playing arma in mp, his computer crashes totaly, we can only play few minutes. Only hardboot helps.

Few lines from rpt:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG

Version 1.14.5256

Fault address: 7C90EB94 01:0000DB94 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll

Prev. code bytes: 49 00 90 90 90 90 90 8B D4 0F 34 90 90 90 90 90

Fault code bytes: C3 8D A4 24 00 00 00 00 8D 64 24 00 90 90 90 90

Registers:

EAX:00000001 EBX:00094B01

ECX:0125F9D4 EDX:7C90EB94

ESI:0125FA38 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:001B:7C90EB94

SS:ESP:0023:0125F9D4 EBP:0125FA24

DS:0023 ES:00

He is playing arma 1.14 with following setup:

XPsp2

Cpu: Amd 64x2 4000+

Mb: Asus m2n-e sli

Gpu: Ati 1950Xpro

Psu: Hec 420W +12V 2x16A

3 gigs ram.

Arma version 1.08 works fine.

Crash happens with mods, or without..

Please help..... banghead.gif

wtf114a.jpg

wtf114b.jpg

all was good since 1.08, not BIS screwed all again, like 1.05

damn with those patches, due to copy-protection checking on game launch and tools launche i have disc so scratched that i cannot even reinstal :/

all was good since 1.08 !!!!

now all is back to 1.05

f***

Vilas I think you need to analyze your computer and operating system. I am sure you have done it already to some degree, but I think you need to take a look at if there is other software taking a too big part of the performance away.

You could try creating settings for your computer in which you disable absolutely everything that is not needed when you play ArmA. Make sure there is no software disturbing ArmA's performance.

After that is done, and if you still get the same problems, then start to check the performance of your hardware, where are the bottlenecks...

I'm sure most regular visitors of this forum are very well aware that you have those kinds of problems. Repeating the same things over and over again is not going to help you, you need to come up with something new.

my computer huh.gif

THAN WHY IT WAS WORKING 1.08 huh.gif

if on 1.08 all works super, developer gives another patch and all works like c***, you tell it is matter of computer huh.gif

it started to happen since first day of aplying patch 1.14, like something the same happened after 1.05

repeating the same??

i bought PRODUCT and i want it to work, like other products work without single problem (for example SOF3, COD3,4...)

it was working good in 1.08, 1.09b, not now

It is not helpfull that you just repeat the same kind of posting here on this forum. I think I have read quite a lot posts written by you which basically say the same thing.

That is what I meant with "Repeating the same things over and over again is not going to help you, you need to come up with something new."

It is not helping you. There is little information in your posts for us to think about what could be wrong. There is little information to BIS in your posts. All we can see is that you have graphical problems in ArmA. You need to provide much more info than that if you want that anyone is able to help you. As long as you keep repeating the same kind of posts, all we can do is to give you general tips how to start troubleshooting the problem, as I did in my previous post.

and really Arma is only game that i have problems from beggining

and if something works as 1.08 and not works 1.14 than for me it is clear that "patch" screwed something, not "wrong PC configuration", cause if there was something wrong with PC than , than 1.08 would not work perfect !!!

it is something wrong in patch, like in 1.05 was before

i saw some other people suffering from the same problem as me

we all have double cores processors, many Ram and cards new in Arma release date

but many people said f*** of to BIS and left community

i would do the same if i was only player, but addonmaking is my hobby and it is ONLY reason that i write here to have my Arma working again in 1.15 like it was working on 1.08, 1.09beta i hope soon

there is even topic about back to 1.08 (i cannot do this because of scratches due to orginality check)

really - instead of playing BIS attorney, you should understand that if something works before patch and not works after patch, than it is cause by patch, not by wrong CPU, dust on sun, rains in Brasil or fat neighbour

if i was not addonmaker, really this "software" would be thrown out from window after 1.05, like many people did it that time , i see in PL community how many people back to OFP, cause Arma=problems or just play COD4

Arma lost potential of OFP, Arma could be the best game in world , like OFP was for 6 years, but if it was working

I can understand why you are frustrated.

I am not playing anyone's attourney  wink_o.gif

Look at your post which you made into this thread on July 03 2008,01:05, and tell me what useful information does it have to start troubleshooting the problem?

To me it looks like another one of your "f***" posts. I can understand why you say "f***" but as I said, it isn't helping you. You need to come up with something else than that, something new, which will help other people (BIS included) to start thinking what might cause the problem.

The "my disc is scratched" and "f***" is totally useless complaining here. I am trying to give to you a friendly advice.

It is possible that the problems seen on your screenshots are at least partly caused by your computer hardware or software other than ArmA. You will personally need to eliminate the possibility that some hardware components are causing the problem or making it worse. You will also personally need to eliminate the possibility that some other software is causing the problem or making it worse. There is no sensible way how we could do that for you. Not me, not BIS, but you have to do it. You will have to personally take that video card out and try another one and see what happens. Et cetera. I am sure you understand that with the information you are providing here, there is pretty much nothing we can do to help you.

It is all part of the "joy" of being a Personal Computer (PC) owner. I myself am seriously considering that I will switch my gaming to a console. The life and evolution of the PC game Armed Assault and its troubleshooting forum have a lot of great examples of why would I want to do that. It is not this one game only, I think the whole PC hardware and software industry has serious problems. But someone makes cash out of that, too. The consumer should stop that, if someone.

(i cannot do this because of scratches due to orginality check)

Sad..........

I had a small similar issue, a reinstall of ArmA fixed.

quick question to BIS

will there be a 1.15 patch huh.gif

cause 1.14 for me is totally unplayable, while 1.08 was perfect

You know the deal vilas:

Maybe there will be another patch, maybe there won't. smile_o.gif

For many people 1.14 works perfect, for some not. The same we had with 1.08 and 1.05 and...

Time will tell I would say.

with the all respect Wolle my question was open question to BIS as it is BIS forum

armed assault in iraq was getting annoying bc i couldnt update past queens gambit, but with this new patch, there's a night and day difference, i'm running very high, all settings, with a macbook pro 17' using bootcamp with windows XP. how bad ass is this?

Vilas have you tried using the maxmem command and set the textures and shaders to high ? If not, try it. It fixed my LOD issues. Sounds absurd, but it worked that way.

I guess for shadows it´s that way because calculations are transferred to GPU when set on High while they are conducted with CPU when using lower settings.

Vilas have you tried using the maxmem command and set the textures and shaders to high ? If not, try it. It fixed my LOD issues. Sounds absurd, but it worked that way.

I thought Suma said that command didn't work anymore? Oh and as for the topic, when I updated my drivers to 175.19 for my NVIDIA 7900GS got a CTD after like 30 minutes of play, although even though I was playing small firefights I didn't seem to get the old LOD problems, but the main thing is the CTD and why it's happening.

with the all respect Wolle my question was open question to BIS as it is BIS forum

My answer to your question might be the best you will get. wink_o.gif

I thought Suma said that command didn't work anymore?

This is what he said yesterday.

Quote[/b] ]No, -maxmem=xxx is not obsolete and can still be used to control the memory usage. What is obsolete is the -vm108 switch - this one does nothing at all now.

General Question

since I have ArmA (bought it at second day after Release Day in Germany) i have framedrops in towns . I tryed different settings versions and drivers from the first till the last patch.

The exactly problem description:fighting (with camera moving) in towns causes framerates between 20- max. 30 FPS and sometimes a framedrop for a second at 10 or less FPS. So it is just no fun to play in towns. And exactly what every Mp game does)...

In MP (Evolution and Warfare) the framerate goes almost never higher than 35 FPS not even when I go alone in the desert.

My system specs:

AMD Athlon x2 3800+ @ 2260Mhz (939 slot)

Geforce 8800GT 512MB NV

1.5 GB of DDR1 RAM  400 Mhz

ASUS A3N5X Motherboard

ArmA on HDD Seagate 500GB with 32Mb Cache and 7200rpm

(HDD bought last week)

350 W BlueStorm Power supply

and my Monitor is the LG FLATRON L227WT (widescreen) i tried different resolutions - the result is the same (Graphic Card works good/ (but not good enough for ArmA) on all resolutions)

Question are you all experiencing the same problem? (f.e. in the middle of Corazol) ?

If not - where you think is the bottleneck of my system? I know that my system is not the newest one but ArmA is about 2 years old too. I read posts of people who say their ArmA is "flying" with GF7800...

And why the lower framerates in the MP?

I have read the topics about performance win

(Drive defragmetaton, close all AV and Win Programms and so on.. but the Town FPS problem keeps existing

or is that just an Engine Problem you have to live with?

@ vilas I feel your pain.

Some times I can watch textures build, from a flat image like you have to the real thing. It is sad. It is cars, textures on walls, vehicles, and soldiers.

I have a Q6600, 4 Gig PC800, GT8800, I run stock speed, thermalright Extreme 120 Cooler, I use Process explorer (SysInternals) to kill all unnecessary processes, I have all up to date drivers, Windows 64 Dx9.1

I have reinstalled the game three freaken times with one full system format thrown in to the mix just to be sure it was not something fubar'd in between and I still get this slow building of textures.

I do have my settings on low to medium (because of advice in other posts saying that most systems can't run on high unless you have DUAL GPU's)

I just read Suma's post but SWAT_BigBear beat me to telling you about it. I am at work or I would be testing like a fiend right now.

I will also try setting the Shadows and other settings at a higher setting to see if it really is GPU vs CPU related.

I feel your frustration man. Some times it is like beating your head against the wall. Don't give up.

I am not ruling out an addon in the mix. But I think it is more like a load because of addons instead of one single addon. Again I don't know.

But to high light your point. Why do Crysis, Timeshift, Supreme Commander, Assassins Creed and all the host of other games run so well on our systems and Arma doesn't. Perhaps because of the openness?

Frustrating, Yes.

Is it worth putting up with it?

IMHO, Yes. So that modders like you can make such great additions to the game. I have been putting up with it for months now. I even upgraded my video card from an ATI 1950XT 256 to the 8800 GT thinking that might be the issue. Boy was I disappointed it didn't fix it.

I am slowly working through my addons but it is crazy to think it can be easily trouble shot. I don't know about the others but my system does not load Arma very fast with out addons, but put in a couple hundred megs of addons in mod folders and it is tremendously slower load times. I fell asleep one night testing addon after addon. So I gave up that time consuming testing.

Well I will test these suggestions it this post. Seems the most enlightening I read in a while. I will post back how I make out.

Styxx

General Question

My system specs:

AMD Athlon x2 3800+ @ 2260Mhz (939 slot)

Geforce 8800GT 512MB NV

1.5 GB of DDR1 RAM 400 Mhz

ASUS A3N5X Motherboard

ArmA on HDD Seagate 500GB with 32Mb Cache and 7200rpm

(HDD bought last week)

350 W BlueStorm Power supply

(Drive defragmetaton, close all AV and Win Programms and so on.. but the Town FPS problem keeps existing

or is that just an Engine Problem you have to live with?

@alpha125rbf

The system I stopped using is an AMD 4600 (939)X2, with 2 gig Ram, X1959XT PCI-e GPU.

My System before that was a (939) AMD 3500. with same RAM and an old ATI 8800 GPU PCI.

Why?

Because I was tired of having the same issues as you.

I think your Video is fine, it is your CPU. 3800 is old and tired.

Get something around 3 ghz. (As for what brand get what you like, I bought a Q6600 but If I was buying today I would go with the 3.0 Ghz Dual from Intel)

Your PSU seems alittle under powered but if you are not BSOD in game then you should be fine.

Are you playing vanilla Arma or have you modded the crap out of it like I always do. If you mod, then you are not playing the game that was released over 2 years ago. You are playing a newer more intense edition that needs more horses to run.

FYI, my AMD 4600 X2 2.4 Ghz , does not compare to my 2.4 Q6600. The Intel is worlds faster. And this is from a staunch Canadian AMD fanboy for years. the 3 extra cores do nothing to improve the speed currently and it is a revision B3 so it is not even the good stepping.

It is not an easy fix, but from my perspective it is CPU that is your issue. It was mine and I had the same issues I upgraded and you are away to the races.

quick question to BIS

will there be a 1.15 patch huh.gif

cause 1.14 for me is totally unplayable, while 1.08 was perfect

There are several things said by Suma and Marek that hint for an upcoming patch. About fixing the JiP lag, motorcycle death in MP bug, and 4G RAM handling, talking about "until we provide a fix", etc...

Quote[/b] ]Are you playing vanilla Arma or have you modded the crap out of it like I always do.  If you mod, then you are not playing the game that was released over 2 years ago.  You are playing a newer more intense edition that needs more horses to run.

I play a modded version in Sp (500 MB mod folder) and i have a clean start for MP (with sound mod usually).

The most patches haven't toched the graphics weight. Some textures were changed, but the poly count and scene complexity are still the same.

The old OPF engine had the same town problems as I remember. On Nogova the capitol was also hard to handle. It seems to be an old engine problem. But why they keeping building big citys? The Ai can't handle them: in street combat people are laying in the middle of the street, trucks get stuck in the and the performance is just loosy. There is also small room for the non AI street combat.

Hello,

Since the patch if i've music the effect deseapears i need save and releod.

My Conf :

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

ASUS P5N32-E SLI CHIPSET 680I

ALBATRON GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

SoundMAX ADI1988A - Driver V6.10.2.6110

4X(Dual-Chan) KINGSTON 1GO DDR2-533 PC4200 (4048 Mo)

Windows XP 32Bit Home, DirectX 9.0c Juin 2008 Version

nVidia ForceWare V175.19

</span>