Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

1.14 is more laggy on my rig than 1.08 - especially when you 'spool' around a player in outside view, or turn quickly to the left or right - it'll lag for about a second...

Never used to do this in 1.08, it was as smooth as! sad_o.gif

1.14 is more laggy on my rig than 1.08 - especially when you 'spool' around a player in outside view, or turn quickly to the left or right - it'll lag for about a second...

Never used to do this in 1.08, it was as smooth as!  sad_o.gif

I'm not sure if this still works, but in the beta you could add -vm108 to the command line to revert to the old memory management system. Maybe try that.

+1 I have noticed that myself.Also the lag appears when you zoom in-out yay.gif

I decided I really don't like warfare. For the same reason I don't like Evo. It's just a bunch of people playing separately and fighting AI.

Gotta disagree a bit. For the first time, I witness, on public servers, some kind of organization and teamplay.

Not the whole players playing together (it's public server wink_o.gif ), but at least, way better than what you could find before.

I'm not sure if this still works, but in the beta you could add -vm108 to the command line to revert to the old memory management system. Maybe try that.

That command line no long works (none of the vm options do)

Might be their last ArmA patch, but can't be the last patch, to patch the patch... No one is playing 1.14 online to speak off, and majority who do seem to complain of similar lagging/jolting issues...

I was playing for about 2 hours and notice:

2 of my AI were stucked between rocks so badly that they had to be executed.

I think more tanks than ever before were "resting" in a belly up position.

Otherwise, great improvement and I did not have a single crash.

This patch has probably just got me (and the rest of the clan) back into playing ArmA again!  xmas_o.gif

K off to look for some decent addons! pistols.gif

Might be their last ArmA patch, but can't be the last patch, to patch the patch... No one is playing 1.14 online to speak off, and majority who do seem to complain of similar lagging/jolting issues...

I agree with you mate - the 'jolting' lag when turning, zooming in and looking into the rifle scope has really affected the enjoyment of ArmA...

I'm tossing up the idea of doing an unistall and install back to 1.08 crazy_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>- possibly all "waypoint commands" (addWaypoint,deleteWaypoint etc.) doesn´t works

- there are no commands to control Harrier VTOL starts and landings by AI

- 40% of the "action" command arguments aren´t works

- setUnitPosWeak is not working

- the tents East/West open/close are the same (both types open)

- in the "Stand small" building object from warfare crouching it will beam unit to the roof of the stand

- on the side lying vehicles are jumping

- vehicles like Humvee are drifting over ground (changes their direction) when they standing on a hill and some small arms projectiles will hit them.</span>

I am not sure above - maybe the new static weapons aren´t part of the patch 1.14:<span style='color:red'>- there is no different weapon for "AT weapon tripod US/SLA","AA tripod US/SLA" and no "AGS-30 on tripod" whereas the US Grenadelauncher "Mk-19 on tripod" exists.</span>

Never used to do this in 1.08, it was as smooth as! sad_o.gif

That command line no long works (none of the vm options do)

Does that include -maxmem=?

Hi, now seems that i get more LOD switching issues and disapearing

of textures than with the V1.08, takes me between 7 to 10 mins

to enter in any public MP server, i also get much more CTD's than

before for aparently no reason; i do see from time to time a mix

between the colour maps and the specular maps in things like the

bushes aside of the new BIS units (woodland GI's, Marines(D) ), is

pimp to see that the zoom maintains it's factor when you swap

weapons or switch standing positions, but it's sad to see that im

still unable to reload while walking slowly or that the weapons on the

back (ATGM's/AAM's) are not banked on the back when they're

being carryed; but, it's much more shamely to see that we can't

fire the AT's or AA's while standing up, it's also a shame to have

to fire 3 AT's to a M113A3/BMP-2 to blow it up, as if they were

MBT's, so forget about rearm your units in a realistic way just

with a single AT4 cucumber because you don't gonna get anywhere

with a single cucumber, that's what the M136 haves in the RL.

Also, when you hit ALT+TAB to check some editing guide...

takes like 20 or 30secs to go back to the editor and the LODs

swapping plus textures swapping comes to play and the game

looses in empty zones like 15 FPS making it lag like hell. And much

more to come i guess. Let's C ya

Hi all

wipman are you running lots of mods when trying to join a Warfare server that is not running them?

To everyone else.

People need to learn the OFP basics.

1) Logging on to a server with lots of Mods the server is not running slows down your ArmA, causes CTDs and crashes servers DONT DO IT!

2) Server owners run Equal Mod and sig check auto kick those not complying.

Kind regards walker

OK, performance wise i dont see any diference compared to the previous beta patches, no slow texture loading or weird lods and alt tabbing is as fast as ever here. (c2d e6600, 2gig ram, 8800gtx).

Sound quality appears to have improved alot smile_o.gif .

The new units... the woodland guys are great except theres only 1 model and no wound textures.

Who is wounded? Who is the squad leader? Who is the medic? huh.gif .

Last report about 1.14 - Vegetation.

I made tests on several maps and this time about the vegetation/forests. On my computer from the beginning of ArmA and up to 1.08 it was always laggy to scope straight into forests. Especially "leaf" forests. We couldnt do a serious job if enemies ran around with vegetation in the background in our scopes/binos (me & my mates).

Then 1.09b patch was released and wow! Now it was much better. Then 1.11b/1.12b was released and WOW!! These were better in performance than i could never have even remotelly hoped for. BIS came through in a magical way - we could now scan forests with sniper rifles and effectivelly take out even fast moving enemies in there. I had such a small FPS drop when going from sky/desert into a heavy vegetation area, i couldnt believe my eyes. I felt that i now didnt need to buy that new ArmA2 computer just yet. yippie! or?

Then came 1.14 and i have been testing looking over areas with forests/bushes a lot - and now im back to that much worse performance again. It is a bit better than 1.08, but its not even close to what 1.11/12b was. I get down to 18FPS in smaller clusters of bushes and the mouse goes "slidy". Its thick and the aim goes all over the place as its hard to point at a certain thing. Those latest beta patches felt like it was some new system working, even though FPS dropped - speed was the same as you skipped some frames. Normally you lag/chop and the game slows down because of that, and then you can get it like in the betas, lag/chops comes but you didnt slow down much at all wich made it feel like the performance was much better, and gameplay became superb compared to pre beta. That was an incredible improvement as even a friend with uber low end computer could actually play!

The betas seems to handle the graphics different, at least thats what it feels/looks like to me. 1.14 feels the same as 1.08, as in that the betas felt like a league of their own. Super league. But i guess that the new ArmA2 computer needs to be baught now since i cant enjoy ArmA 1.14. Im so hardcorely in love with this title and when it lags like it does now i dont get immersed - and that hurts my feelings. biggrin_o.gif Im dead serious though, you know what i mean.

*Computers differ a lot even with same hardware as some keep theirs tidy with defrag etc and some dont. This is what me and some of my friends and close people online have experienced.

EDIT: Like Wipman it takes longer time to enter servers for me as well, long texture loading times now and then, and i have had some CTDs allready wich i never had with the betas. And like i said before - my screen goes white from time to time with 1.14 and i have to alt tab to fix it.

EDIT2: I also had the game go 8 bit colour graphics 2 times something. Took a life time to close it down. Colourful jagged graphical anomalies all over the screen. Never happened before 1.14.

/Alex

I still feel 1.11b has been the best version so far.

Great performance and great gameplay. The only bad points were issues with non-dedi hosting and the fact everyone was scattered between 1.08 and 1.12b.

The new units... the woodland guys are great except theres only 1 model and no wound textures.

Who is wounded? Who is the squad leader? Who is the medic? huh.gif .

You can give them additional gear using a script or the init line. The squadleader is the one giving the orders, the medic is the one with the redcross icon in the unit list.

It's a pity they have no wounded textures but hey - they are a free giveaway and since when one complains about something that comes for free?

That's at least the 6th compaint about these units having no gear besides the M16 - c'mon guys use your imagination! So far I have seen no one complaining that the SF units have no machineguns or AT weapons. With these the addweapon command works, so why not with the free woodland units.

Really.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Haha! I can't believe you just defended the units not having blood textures!

They're a nice surprise but the lack of blood textures is quite a blatant bug.

I can live with the lack of loadouts.

I have not, it was one of the first things that came to my attention.

But by repeating the same issue over and over again it doesn't go away magically. By now the devs know about it and we can only hope they fix these models in a future patch. Until then we have to live with it.

True, I am actually really glad they made them.

Ok i try to be honest here and even though it might portrait me as a moron - so be it.

I did something i never ever did in arma before. I used the "Quality Preference" button in options/graphics. Now, i was looking out over sand and there was 1 tree. It pissed me off royally when it run that particular image @ 25FPS and i thaught to myself that either my computer has seriously died on me or the 1.14 patch is completelly useless. But! I used the Quality Preference button and set it to "very high" and my settings changed in a little weird way. Not as i would like them but actually higher settings than i usually have. And what happened with the FPS after this? Went from 25 to 85!!?? wow_o.gif

I dont get it?! Maybe that did a reset to the graphic options in some weird? Because i got tons of FPS and that even at higher settings. I need to go play now and see if this holds up, but so far ive been driving around - shooting things with my tank and the FPS is incredible. LOL *scratching my head hard*.

So just thaught i put it out there if someone else never did this. Try it.

/alex

72 @ May 25 2008,18:30)]Ok i try to be honest here and even though it might portrait me as a moron - so be it.

I did something i never ever did in arma before. I used the "Quality Preference" button in options/graphics. Now, i was looking out over sand and there was 1 tree. It pissed me off royally when it run that particular image @ 25FPS and i thaught to myself that either my computer has seriously died on me or the 1.14 patch is completelly useless. But! I used the Quality Preference button and set it to "very high" and my settings changed in a little weird way. Not as i would like them but actually higher settings than i usually have. And what happened with the FPS after this? Went from 25 to 85!!?? wow_o.gif

I dont get it?! Maybe that did a reset to the graphic options in some weird? Because i got tons of FPS and that even at higher settings. I need to go play now and see if this holds up, but so far ive been driving around - shooting things with my tank and the FPS is incredible. LOL *scratching my head hard*.

So just thaught i put it out there if someone else never did this. Try it.

/alex

I'll try that. I'm getting TERRIBLE performance when I drive/run around. It just starts lagging terribly and I can't even play the game hardly. At first I thought it was the new Warfare game mode (which I absolutely love) but it did the same thing in SP. I tried turning the graphics to very low everything and still lagged, not quite so much, but it was still VERY laggy. I usually run everything excluding AA at very high with no problems, what's going on? I have AACFSoundMod enabled and ArmAEffects if you guys think that turning those off would help let me know. Thanks...

Well I'm still getting quite a bit of lag, although less than before.

72 @ May 25 2008,18:30)]Went from 25 to 85!!?? wow_o.gif I dont get it?!

It's a good ~350% increase youv'e got there biggrin_o.gif

My guess is that by using the presets it reset'ed your view distance to stock 1200 m as well as to a lower resolution and you ran at higher VD and/or resolution before. If thats not the case and you run the exact same settings it's pretty amazing....

/KC

72 @ May 25 2008,18:30)]Went from 25 to 85!!?? wow_o.gif I dont get it?!

It's a good ~350% increase youv'e got there biggrin_o.gif

My guess is that by using the presets it reset'ed your view distance to stock 1200 m as well as to a lower resolution and you ran at higher VD and/or resolution before. If thats not the case and you run the exact same settings it's pretty amazing....

/KC

More likely his shadow setting went up enough to be managed by graphicscard instead releaving the processor doing else.

What do you guys suggest I do? I have a pretty powerful GPU (8800 GTS 640 MB 128 stream processors) and I did what he said. It improved performance a little, but it didn't fix the problem. It'll act fine, then when I approach a city or a forest it lags out.

EDIT: I'm downloading the Nvidia 175.16 drivers now, seeing if that'll help. The one I'm using now are 169.-- hopefully that'll fix this performance issue, though I somehow doubt it will.

EDIT2: Well the new driver improved the FPS in Crysis by a long-shot, but not ArmA.