Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

GREAT WORK: welcome.gif

+ iFEEL is well implented and stable now.

+ Extreme speed improvements.

+ NO massive memory leaks /crash bug anymore.

+ Better AI

+ NO CD check anymore. No one really likes to be a disc jockey, hehe.

+ POV is imo very acceptable, especially if you have huge wide screen monitors (original POV looked like playing "stick people").

- Joystick configuration bug, if you have more then 1 controller enabled. Setting priorities within Vista32ultimate (in my case) does not help. e.g. if u have a joystick and a wheel plugged in, it might happen that only your wheel will be seen in game. Maybe a code implementation to check the "user set joystick priority" could help here?

P.S.: Personally I am not getting annoyed, if e.g. a break light of a tank is not working properly ^^. We should not get too detail obsessed. Especially when stuff like that happens in RL too  whistle.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>The commands:</span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>vehicle land "land"

vehicle land "getIn" and

vehicle land "getOut" doesn´t works correctly</span> (chopper will start immediately after touching the ground)

The <span style='color:red'>mapview objects (watch, compass, gps) cannot be fixed and scaled</span> for longer that one gameplay like in OFP. So in any new game the player must set it again to right size and position.

Getting in UAZ with MG/AGS as passenger is <span style='color:red'>not possible from the passengers side</span> (right)</span>

I've noticed that installing patch 1.14 all the unit under the opfor side appear in game with black coloured face.

Even troops like serbian terrorists or LLW guerrillas and also even the SLA side troops appears black!!

I tryied to run the game under the previous patch 1.12 and everything get back normally.

Has anyone noticed the same??? and if someone can confirm this is due to the 1.14 patch is there a way to restore the normal face texture as in previous version?huh.gif

I know this is a minor thing... ...minor but for me annoing! huh.gif

I know it depends on the system but I'm having more stable performance after I've set the pagefile to auto and turned vsync on with tirple buffering on and prerender 3.

my specs;

P4 Core2Duo 3.2Ghz OC'ed to 3.5Ghz

8800 GTS 512k OCed to 730Mhz Core and 2060Mhz Memory

xp pro x64

3Gb Kingston DDR2-667 in asymmetric dual channel.

Viewdistance 1200-1500

all set to veryhigh except texture&shadow=high

fps moves between 18-35.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>The commands:</span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>vehicle land "land"

vehicle land "getIn" and

vehicle land "getOut"[/i] doesn´t works correctly</span> (chopper will start immediately after touching the ground)

Where did you test it? vehicle land "land" is working on the linux 1.14 dedicated server. I've used it yesterday and it worked fine even with community islands (sarve island) and community planes (be32k).

Well, i tested it in SP with cwr - i don´t think that cwr will something to do with it - on downhill gradient of 5-10%. My chopper (UH-60) was flying to the "helihempty" and should land on it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_veh land "getOut";

@ getPos _veh select 2 < 1.5

~.25 +random .35

_cargo_men2 action ["eject",_veh]

unassignvehicle _cargo_men2

~.25 +random .45

_cargo_men1 action ["eject",_veh]

So my team member and me are ejected on high lower than 1.5 meters. But immediately after ground contact the chopper is started and hovering in 10-15 meters over the ground and my team was ejected, falling down and get damage / died.

Maybe this problem will come only on the downhill gradient over 5% but i think all under 30% should be ok to land a chopper and unload cargo? Same problems i have with "land" and "getIn" arguments. The chopper will land (getIn) but after the gear contact to ground it will starts and hover.

I've noticed that installing patch 1.14 all the unit under the opfor side appear in game with black coloured face.

Even troops like serbian terrorists or LLW guerrillas and also even the SLA side troops appears black!!

I tryied to run the game under the previous patch 1.12 and everything get back normally.

Has anyone noticed  the same??? and if someone can confirm this is due to the 1.14 patch is there a way to restore the normal face texture as in previous version?huh.gif

I know this is a minor thing... ...minor but for me annoing!    huh.gif

Please try the game without loading any addons and then report back if you still have the same problem. Make sure that absolutely nothing that wasn't made by BIS is loaded.

@Baddo:

Yes, finally was an addon, i haven't check in the readme of the Compact fix pack 1.14 by zGuba that there were 2 replacement .pbo files for both groups faces RACS & SLA.

Sorry for the previous post. huh.gif

Last night again I had an odd situation in which the game's interface becomes corrupted. The graphics feel like they have been corrupted and I was forced to shut the game down. When I got back to Windows things were still acting funny and I had to reboot.

This has happened twice with the 1.14 patch after playing for a fairly long period. Considering the game is using that new funky memory management I blame the patch. It is possible it is Nvidia's latest driver but I doubt it since they didn't really change anything to do with 8800 cards as far as I know.

Now before someone says it is overheating and video artifacting because of heat I must say that my old BFG card had that problem so I know what it looks like. This looked more like corrupted memory.

Hi,

i didn't read the whole thread, so it maybe was asked before:

Arma runs great for me now, but this LOD-problem doesn't seem to be improved the last patches ? By the way, i can't find much up to date discussions about it. Is "LOD" the right keyword ?

thanks

Game crashed in Warefare online while I was driving in a Jeep after about 15-20min of playing. Had everything on Very High

Another problem with helicopters.

Because the command <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">heli land "getIn/getOut/land" doesn´t works, then i must script the heli to hover in height under 1 meter. So it can works. But here is the problem - heli will not fly exactly to his waypoint (helihempty or Logic), it will stop 50-100 meters before. So i must have 200-300 meters radius in open areal to land the heli safe. Landing on small glades or between of houses is not 100% possible confused_o.gif

This is the third time I have suddenly got corrupted graphics and the only way to fix it is to exit the game. This time it happened after only about an hour and I immediately checked my video card temperature and it was perfectly fine. Heat is not the problem.

The game pauses for a second and you feel like you are about to lose the server or possibly crash but then the game comes back alive with corrupted graphics. You can hear people in the game, you can even type, but the graphics are all messed up. Your screen is filled with the brown texture shown in the screenshot below. Menu colours are all pink or other strange colours. Some windows have multiple colours like corrupted data.

I only have this problem with Arma and only since 1.14. None of the betas caused this.

bug2fy5.jpg

Is it a problem with their new memory management system?? Between the corrupted graphics and the constant server crashes every 2-4 hours the game is completely unplayable.

Oh, yes. I had 4-5 times the same problem:

aV1OaLsi.jpg aV1Objni.jpg aV1ObtlS.jpg

aV1ObKOS.jpgaV1Oc3M0.jpg aV1Ocbfr.jpg

And more:

aV1OcnJ9.jpg aV1OcCH0.jpgPq1YbxYi.jpg

And here other bugs LOD/shadows geometry:

aV1OdpzS.jpg aV1OdExJ.jpg

My grafic card: GeForce 8600 GT @512MB DDR2 RAM and newest NVidia driver.

I've had this happen to me 3 times since i installed 1.14, the hesco i posted some pages back, a tree and i dont remember the other one... its very rare and im unable to reproduce it but this never happened before in any previous version (including the betas).

Chaos, I haven't had it as bad as some of those screenshots but that is exactly it. Glad to see my hardware isn't dying or something.

What video card do you have Heatseeker?

My info:

Card: Nvidia GTS 8800 320MB

Driver: WHQL 175.16 (release date - May 16, 2008)

I still think it is a bug with the game (ie memory management) but I guess we should compare notes on vid cards.

Strange that I never had this problem yet. And I just had a 3h SP session with a lot of action and stuff. Yesterday I was playing over 4h and also no problems at all. No graphic errors, no CTDs, nothing.

Caveman 7800GS AGP w/ 256MB here sad_o.gif

I know I was also getting those errors before, but I can't remember what caused them.

I may be thinking of a different problem, but try running another game. When I had issues with Arma I started also having issues with other games. I'm pretty sure restarting the computer fixed the problem.

I may be thinking of a different problem, but try running another game. When I had issues with Arma I started also having issues with other games. I'm pretty sure restarting the computer fixed the problem.

Only have the problem with Arma. Rebooting the computer is not the solution. The problem with the game is still there, all you are doing is temporarily resetting the game.

Lets face it, between 1.12 and 1.14 they added new features that were untested and then declared "final". Dangerous move.

No word from BIS yet on a fix? or atleast and official comment on the situation.

I know going of some of the comments from the forums a few of the community members appear to think what the hell as it only effects a minority, but its starting to look like its become a majority?

Also audio quality seems to have taken a hit.

Ive yet to reinstall it to 1.08, but as the majority of servers are running 1.14 it seems pointless.

Yet to suffer from graphics glitches (Geforce 8800GT 512), only performance issues.

I had graphic errors too untill I updated my soundcard drivers.

My absolutely favorite (Vanilla ArmA 1.11 or 1.12 shot end of april 2008):

aV1QUKPS.jpg

I have NForce chip and newest nvidia drivers.

crazy_o.gif

Another problem - i cannot play the game in fullscreen. It will get sound problems (pauses and loopings of sounds under 0.1 seconds) and so i can only play it in window. But then the screen is 40-50% darker than in fullscreen and all dark green vehicles, units and objects are looking more black than green, in the night i cannot see anything (moonlight) without NVGoggles.

Look here