Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

ArmA Editing Guide - English Version

Hey guys

I´m very proud to deliver you the English version of my ArmA Editing Guide 1.02

editing1s.jpg

Download Editing-Guide-SE102-EN

www.armedassault.info wrote

Mapfact´s Mr Murray, the author of the Armed Assault Editing Guide for the German “ArmA Special Edition†has released an English version of his great editing guide. This guide contains nearly 170 pages divided in 9 chapters. Additional to that he has finished his next German editing guide named "Deluxe Edition" which contains exactly 335 pages divided into 11 chapters. This big one already includes the complete patch 1.14 content and Queens Gambit. An English version of it is still in progress!

Here and now he wants to say thanks to his translator MemphisBelle and his great reviewing team Metal0130 and Matt Rochelle who have corrected the text. “They all did a very great job for me and for the English speaking ArmA-Community. Honour them all! Very special thanks to MemphisBelle who have spend so much time for this guide!â€

Here are some exclusive pictures of the forthcoming Deluxe Edition:

AEGDE1.jpg

AEGDE2.jpg

AEGDE3.jpg

AEGDE4.jpg

Best regards and have fun!

Mr-Murray

Edited by W0lle

Thank you so much for your dedication and I guess the tremendous time you spent doing this !

Does it include all the new 1.14 content ? With class names for new units and objects ?

Me loves you notworthy.gif

Malick

Excelent! Mr Mr-Murray

Downloaded looking forward to you making it available as a printed version through lulu.com at a guess?

Kind Regards walker

Thanks for your feedback.

This "short" version doesn´t includes 1.14 and Queens Gambit. It´s only included in the forthcoming Deluxe Edition!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

congratz Mr-Murray, MemphisBelle, Metal0130 and Matt Rochelle!

I had a brief look at the English version now too. The design,

formatting and content is superb. thumbs-up.gif

Truly excellent job to all involved. I really have much respect for what has been done with the guide, I quickly went through it and you did an amazing job. If there is anything to know about editing the guide has it all smile_o.gif

Now........if only I had some time again for editing........ whistle.gif

Invaluable work guys! You had to spent a lot of time working on it (writing & translating) and I think everyone appreciates it. I'm looking forward to read the Deluxe Edition.

Mr-Murray & Co, thanks for making and sharing this. Looks like an invaluable resource, very nice!

/KC

Clicked on the download link and there is no file there???

No Problem! I will offer an alternate mirror!

EDIT:

ArmA Editing Guide Deluxe Edition - english version

Download the Deluxe Edition of the guide

/EDIT

ArmA Editing Guide V1.02 - english version

Download the first release 1.02

You can also download it at Armaholic.

Even though I know it since quite a while, good job and thanks to Mr-Murray and the translation team smile_o.gif

Hey all!

Thanks for this great feedback!!! notworthy.gif

You can download it from my signature, too wink_o.gif

Have fun and best regards,

Mr-Murray

Thanks, I got it from Armaholic shortly afterward. Great guide Mr-Murray. Nice to be able to read it in English.

Congratulations for this awesome guide!  inlove.gif

So, take a look at page 135 of english version, I'm trying to put the Artillery scripting configuration in my user mission. Arty work, but I can't found this "Firedirection" sound:

"Ari.sqs

A radio sound will be played after this script is activated through the mapclick script. This

sound has a length of 10 seconds and needs to be defined in the Description.ext first."

Where I can found this sound?  huh.gif

p.s - i've found this forum page http://hx3.de/editing-139/fun-sounds-arma-14071/#post147810

but is all in german! ^^ can't understand it!  help.gif

Thanks for your feedback wink_o.gif

Concerning your issue.

Sadly, I can´t put sound files in this guide wink_o.gif

Define your own sound. What ever you want.

You could download a full example of this "older" arty version.

I still working on a newer and better version of my arty.

A litle fortaste of it will come in my forthcoming mission wink_o.gif

Mr-Murray´s Artillery SP Example 1.2

Mr-Murray´s Artillery MP Example 1.2

Thanks to all for this great feedback!!!

Have fun

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Congratulations for this awesome guide! :inlove:

So, take a look at page 135 of english version, I'm trying to put the Artillery scripting configuration in my user mission. Arty work, but I can't found this "Firedirection" sound:

"Ari.sqs

A radio sound will be played after this script is activated through the mapclick script. This

sound has a length of 10 seconds and needs to be defined in the Description.ext first."

Where I can found this sound? :huh:

p.s - i've found this forum page http://hx3.de/editing-139/fun-sounds-arma-14071/#post147810

but is all in german! ^^ can't understand it! :help:

Hi mark82101

Thanks for your praise

Each time when it says that a sound needs to be defined in the desrciption.ext it means unfortunately that this sound has to be created by your self. The used sound in Mr-Murray´s Arti script is his own definition of the sound...you can also create another one...its up to you. There some more similar parts exisiting in the guide, where a sound has to be selfcreated by the user.

The respective Forum thread you were talking about.... in english...please:

- Create a new mission in the Editor

- Save as userdefined

- create a textfile in the missions folder

C:\documents and settings\your name\files\ArmA\Missions\your missions name

- name this file as Description.ext

- paste following contents into this file

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {Ari,Firedirection,F14,Bumm};

class Ari {name="Ari";sound[]={\sounds\ari.ogg,db+30,1.0};titles[] = {};

};

class Firedirection {name="Firedirection";sound[]={\sounds\firedirection.ogg,db+17,1.0};titles[] = {};

};

class F14 {name="F14";sound[]={\sounds\f14.ogg,db+17,1.0};titles[] = {};

};

class Bumm {name="Bumm";sound[]={\sounds\bumm.ogg,db+15,1.0};titles[] = {};

};

};

- define an own name for the respective "name"

definitions above (ari, firedirection, F14, bumm) are actually only examples. You can define them as you want to do.

each name has been defined 3x times per each single line

each line = one sound! check each line carefully to understand what I am talking about!

- create a subfolder which is named Sounds.

- put all your own sounds in this file

- reload the mission in the editor

- The new sounds are selectable now in the Effects/Anonymous menu of a waypoint or a trigger

that´s all!

There are some possibilities to get sounds in the Internet. Its not easy but by using Google hard and long enough, you should get some good results.... Or just use the ones from the examples which were given by Mr-Murray....

Greets

MemphisBelle

Edited by W0lle

Nice one, finally the guide released in the language it should've been released in, in the first place smile_o.gif

This should be made a sticky in this forum or Arma Editing...

Truly excellent job to all involved. I really have much respect for what has been done with the guide, I quickly went through it and you did an amazing job. If there is anything to know about editing the guide has it all smile_o.gif

Now........if only I had some time again for editing........ whistle.gif

Thanks for praising so much.....but I have to disappoint you...this one is only the small one....you can see the 1.02 Version as..ehhmmmm...a promotion Project for the actual guide..the Deluxe Edition. Remember that the current version contains exactly 153 pages of Editing information (The whole number of pages is something around 170 because of the prolog, epilog, annotations, index and so on), while the Deluxe edition has a total number of pages of more than 300 .... wink_o.gif

Greets

MemphisBelle

while the Deluxe edition has more than 300 pages....
:wow_o: :wow_o:

Faints...

This is the kind of manual that should have shipped with the box from the start. It clears so many things for me...

Let's hope BIS is wise enough to get in contact with Mr Murray for Arma 2 !

Edit : I think it did ship with the german box, but I actually meant all the versions !!!! I had the czech download version from sprocket, which didn't even had a pdf leaflet to go with it ! If I hadn't played with OFP before, I would have been totally lost.

Edited by W0lle

If there is anything to know about editing the guide has it all smile_o.gif

Thanks for praising so much.....but I have to disappoint you...this one is only the small one....you can see the 1.02 Version as..ehhmmmm...a promotion Project for the actual guide..the Deluxe Edition.

Hehe, thats offcourse true. But even if its not complete yet its still the most complete editing guide to date while it only gets better as you say wink_o.gif

Ah well, expressing myself in English has never been a strong point.

My English teacher still thinks I loved her  rofl.gif

[edit]

Typos sad_o.gif

Hey guys

Thanks for this great feedback!!! :thumbs-up:

The German big one is final! It includes the complete ArmA-content. Warfare, Queens Gambit etc..

I´m very glad that I finalized the German on *Puh* A lot of work. It was very hard and time expensive for me.

Our next step is to finalize THE GUIDE for *the English community as well :wink_o: Ah wait... before we will release any other guide, there will come a very hard mission for you. Very soon....

Now you should give a lot of respect to MemphisBelle who is the only one translator of it. And to Metal0130 and Matt Rochelle. They are the reviewers/correctors of the translation.

@EricM

If I hadn't played with OFP before, I would have been totally lost.

I already wrote an Editing Guide for OFP. Check my signature :wink_o: Maybe it should be overworked in future... :icon_rolleyes:

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Edited by W0lle

Before this guide i wouldnt of dreamed of touching editing but now i cant help my self from trying and its working abit. Thank you so much for this its opened up my game.

Congrats on your guide biggrin_o.gif

I'm printing the 168 pages document. My boss gets mad at me. It's looking really good and everything I need seems covered, even if it's not completely exhaustive.

For example, the 'info age' part on an unit description is quite ambiguous. At least, I don't get it...

I found one typo : it's "SERGEANT", not SERGANT (p19 of the english document.

Otherwise, it's nearly perfect ! You all did an astounding job and I really look forward to the full 330+ pages english version. My boss will surely fire me, but hey !

Malick

I'm printing the 168 pages document. My boss gets mad at me. It's looking really good and everything I need seems covered, even if it's not completely exhaustive.

Thanks for your feedback...

Its not really possible to explain each part of the Editor possibilities as much exhaustive as it should be, or as you’d like to get...in this case. Because it´s too much. So we, or better Mr-Murray, had to define the most important stuff of each section....

I found one typo : it's "SERGEANT", not SERGANT (p19 of the english document.

Yeah...I agree...this is a phenomenon we already noticed as well. The reason is that there´s just too much content existing in this book. We went over the whole book several times and were trying to fix as much issues as we could...but each time you’d go over it again you’ll find somethings more...that’s a thing we all have to go with it. I am sorry about it...

But we´ll collect all of your reports to fix those ones for the forthcoming Deluxe Edition...so keep your eys open and go on telling us any issues you’ll find.

Otherwise, it's nearly perfect ! You all did an astounding job and I really look forward to the full 330+ pages english version. My boss will surely fire me, but hey !

Thanks again...and be careful about your job... :biggrin_o:

Edited by W0lle