Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

ArmA Editing Guide - English Version

What about rumors that publisher isn't going to release this new printed/online guide in next days, week and month?

Hey guys

It´s a little bit complicate with that Publisher. Therefore

I decided to release the as digital German version during

the next 2 weeks. I don´t want to wait any longer because

it required a lot of time and this community is still waiting

for it.

The English build of it will follow a little bit later. I´m still

buzy with the layout and translation.

And I want to keep my word as you know. Always!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Hey guys,

this is a new updatenews about the translation status. As you can see nearly all chapters are about to be finished now. They only need to get overworked again. You can also compare this update with the last one, which is still shown on page 5.

removed due to release yesterday

Hey guys

Here some shots of the forthcoming Guide covers.

mr-murray_editing_guide_de.jpg

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Looks great Mr-Murray!

I will make sure to grab this excellent resource when fall kicks in and I get back into the "ArmA swing" smile_o.gif

Kudos to you and everyone involved!

/KC

Looking forward to it to find out a few details hidden to me so far. smile_o.gif

Keep up Mr Murray!

PS: I prefer the first cover. wink_o.gif

Mr Murray allowed me to preview the version. What can you say.

The bible or cookbook for ArmA editing. smile_o.gif

It is the perfect guide for anyone to get into mission editing or

to write his own scripts. Excellent job. thumbs-up.gif

Hey guys

a short Status report by myself.

We are getting forward...slowlier as expected...but we ARE getting forward. The next Status information is close and I hope that I can tell you then that the translation process has finaly been finished. At the time most of the left parts are prepared. there are around 2 1/2 chapters left where some of the resp. contents still needs to be translated.

Its a pretty hard work and I hope you dont mind it that we havent finished it yet.

I keep you guys postet

regards

MemphisBelle

Good to hear, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Deluxe English rounds up. smile_o.gif

Btw, can someone tell me - those renders for the covers above - I know they are quite heavily photoedited, but which program are they taken in?

Thank´s Andre....that´s takes a big push to my motivation...I do my best to finish that project quite soon...

I dont think so, cause it is a general guide, to help you with the basics. And not with specific missions.

Hey guys,

a new translation Status Report. I have worked a lot the last 3 weeks and can say that I am close to the goal. There´s only the Rest of the 7th chapter to get translated which will be done within today or tomorrow. Then I still have to to the 11th chapter. But I already have the expierience to get one whole chapter translated on one single weekend (on my work...but pssst). We still have to figure out what about the rest of the 5th Chapter. There are around 10 subitems not yet translated. Either I´ll do it after I finished the 11th or the actual helping Hand in our team will do it....I unfortunately cant determine it right now.

So once my Job is done, My buddy over there in the USA still need to check that Stuff and Mr-Murray has to get all that information on paper....then it´s done.

@Commando84: KillgOre already said, so no Warfare explanations can be found in this guide. That is too much complicate to get it explained here. But all the units, weapons and buildings are listed within the chapters.

Hi all!

Humvee28 has printed the German Version Editing for himself and it looks really great!

Now, he´s the only on who has a printed Hardcover Guide of it. Yesterday I ordered one

for myself to check the quality.

I will try to deliver the forthcoming English build of it to Lulu.com for you so that you able to order it there.

Please get an impression… These are just some mobile pictures from Humvee28. I will deliver some own if my copy has arrived.

Picture1 Picture2 Picture3 Picture4

Picture5 Picture6 Picture8 Picture8

And BIG THANKS to MemphisBelle, Dan B and Matt Rochelle for their still great work and engagement!!!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Hey guys,

good News...

For my part I finished the translation today of the guide as promised in my last post. So all parts are now actually transformed from german into english language. We still have to work around with it a little bit to fix some grammas, translating around 4-5 subitems which are still missing and so on. But that should take only a few days, depending to the times when I can meet my buddy Metal0130 over there in the USA.

After we did that Mr-Murray will start to relayout all that stuff to deliver you the new guide asap.

I was very impressed about it´s contents. Espacially the Multiplayer Chapter will offer you a bunch of interseting Information. But all the other chapters are including very interesting Material next to the 1.02 content also. You will like

it very much, I am pretty sure about it.

Hey Memphis

WoW, three posts and no answers. Hmm, that’s real pity.

It seems that the English community is sleeping. Maybe the German build is good enough and therefore no need for a translation.

That´s good for us. So there is no need for me to layout the English one and so we are able to do other things wink_o.gif

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Can I be the first to say Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. . . . .

Not sleeping, holding our breath !

cjph

It seems that the English community is sleeping.

Not at all mate but been quite busy with some RL stuff lately. Really looking forward to read it - kudos to everyone involved!

/KC