Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

ArmA Editing Guide - English Version

Not sleeping, holding our breath !

cjph

Quoted for truth. smile_o.gif

We're patiently, anxiously, waiting. I'd like to pass on my personal gratitude for your efforts. Thanks.

Cheers,

Vidz

Hey guys, dont worry. But many works are often uncommented in the last times, not only in the BIS Forum, even in the german com as well. This happens to a lot of projects and to a lot of project authors. Each time when a big project was released, the only comments are like, how to install? How to make it work? How to do here and how to do there? Instead reading the extravagantly created readmes. Thats pretty bad feedback for hundrets of hours of work....for all addon authors, tool authors and manual authors. So I think that might be the reason for Mr-Murray´s little irritation.

So far I agree him. But I also agree your wonder why he wrote this....but for sure, he´s not angry about the com...you can believe me that, it´s just the overall happenening!!!!

The guide will be released within the next month, we´ll inform you so far we have a rough release date. The guide will then downloadable on the already known sources as there are our signatures, Armaholic.com, armedassault.info a.s.o.

But I apreciate your recognition so far and will hope that you´ll like this guide.

I will also leave a place for comments and error reports when we are close bevor release, to give you an additional possibilitie to inform us about issues we missed to fix.

Had a few issues with my login but just wanted to jump on and add my thanks to both Mr Murray and MemphisBelle for all the work that's been done on this.

The original version was awesome in itself and have been looking over the German deluxe version for awhile now (even though I don't speak a word of German) just trying to pluck out snippits of info so have been REALLY looking forward to the English version

Providing support here to a simulation training centre and am looking forward to giving this to our operators for them to expand their knowledge of VBS/ARMA

Cheers to all

Mike

*Hehe* This was just a joke. Don´t worry, be happy tounge2.gif

I´m still busy to finish my job for the English speaking

community. That´s my opportunity because I gave my

promise to all of you. It´s still a honour for me to make

such a job. Even if there is a little bit too much SQS included wink_o.gif

And I´m sorry for the delay, but it was a very hard job for

Memphis and his team, too. Hopefully they transalated it wise

so that you will appreciate it. I won´t check the translation

just the layout.

I guess that we did a very good job also for ArmA 2. It will be

very easy to convert the content to ArmA 2. Of course you

won´t find anything in SQS. That´s promised! And a lot of

more features and much more clarity in the fifth chapter for

example. Only change the unit and object classes, remove old

commands, add new commands and implement new

knowledge. But that´s a future project and we are far away

from it. I hope you will support us one more time wink_o.gif

!!!Thanks to all who are still present in ArmA!!!

I will get my first printed version in the upcoming week and

will present you some shooted pictures from it  

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Here are some pictures from Humvee28 which have been shot with his mobile:

Whohooo yay.gif

mrm-editing-guide1lil.jpgmrm-editing-guide4lil.jpgmrm-editing-guide6lil.jpgmrm-editing-guide5lil.jpgmrm-editing-guide3lil.jpg

Guide  Guide2  Guide3   Guide4   Guide5

I love the layout of the guide. Pictures, text and all very professional looking from what I see. What program do you use, if you don't mind me asking?  smile_o.gif

Thanks again, hope to have your ArmA Bible on my computer's hard disk soon!

I love the layout of the guide. Pictures, text and all very professional looking from what I see. What program do you use, if you don't mind me asking?  smile_o.gif

Thanks again, hope to have your ArmA Bible on my computer's hard disk soon!

Let me answer please (sorry Mr-Murray wink_o.gif ). The whole project was saved in pdf Format. Mr-Murray has used a program called Quark Express for the layouting process. This is a program to recreate the printing file for may be a publishing house. One can also extract the pdf file by using this program.  

But he plans to get the program Indesign to recieve much better results for the ArmA2 guide. By the way, the ArmA1 Deluxe Edition is the cornerstone for the ArmA2 guide.

The english Version has not yet been final layouted, that is currently still in progress. When I has translated the books (Version 1.02 and Deluxe Edition) then I was working with simple Word, but I used the layout used in the book, that makes it easier to layout it back to pdf.

About the hidden question, when the guide will be available, so we set us the deadline of roundabout 3 weeks from now to announce the release and roundabout 4-max. 5 weeks to release the guide. I hope we can keep that plan. It´s also pretty much needed that the guide will be released now.

To become it printed as shown in the examples above, so I unfortunatley have to say that therefor is a special publishing house needed, so this example has a total price of around 32 Euro which is exactly 40.37 US Dollar and 27.37 British Pound to get it printed as single examplar like shown above. A possible publishing house is lulu.com (just google for online publishing house for further ones)

Once before, it was actually planed to get it released as already printed work anyway, but that would become much too much and so Mr-Murray decided to release it digital. That´s caused by a trouble between Mr-Murray and a german located Company where I am not allowed to talk much more about.

Signatur1.JPG

Quote[/b] ] the cornerstone for the ArmA2 guide.

You made my day...

Status has been updated. Check my Sig, or in this post, just look 2 posts above.

thanks for the update - looking forrward to this!

Status update

I will give you a new status update.

As you can see the status of some chapters has changed,

so the 5th the 6th and the 7th are finally checked now and still need to be layouted again. The 11th chapter is still in process to be checked, but I think that this one will be finished pretty much soon as well.

Signatur1_akt.JPG

Hey dudes!

Chapter 9 and 10 have been finally layoutet and Chapter 5 has just some errors.

Now I´m looking forward to layout 6,7 and 11!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Thank you for all your work! Can hardly wait to see the finished guide. smile_o.gif

Thank you!!!

It´s unfortunately a very time expensive work.

Fortunately the layout and many parts of the guide are a very good foundation stone for a A2 Guide! So we won´t have so much work to explain all individual parts of it and translate it afterwards.

We would be very thankful about your feedback concerning trouble shooting. Please don´t hesitate to report errors or wrong parts of the guide! It would be very helpful for me. There are always parts of the game which have not explained good enough by me. Your feedback will help to give the community more and better missions!

My focus in A2 is to designing missions and not writing guides. I want to make awesome missions like Battle of Ortego and so on. With more MP focus naturally!

I have a lot of ideas and want to realize it in future for A1 and A2 as well.

Thanks for the always good feedback, support and comprehension!!!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Thanks Mr Murray. Your work and dedication is simply amazing.

Knowing that this work will be pursued in Arma II is just the cherry on the cake.

Hey dudes,

I planed with my teammate in USA to finish the guide at upcoming weekend. That means Saturday and/or Sunday. We still have to check the updates from 1.02 to deluxe Edition of the 7th chapter, some contents (but really only a few) from the 5th chapter...and then we´re clear. I dont know whether we really can offer you the guide as X-mas present, but for sure, until Sylvester (Was meinst Du Mr-Murray?). When we both finished to check the contents of the guide, so it´ll take a few days until Mr-Murray has layouted these contents to the pdf file.

When the whole project is done, so I translated nearly 340 pages of content for the 1.02 and deluxe Edition.  crazy_o.gif.  metal0130 also was checking all the contents (besides a little help from the UK, so thanks to MattRochelle).

I hope that you´ll enjoy that guide and I also hope that you´ll create awesome missions with it.

As Mr-Murray already pointed out, so feel free to coment any kind of recognized issues, whether there are gramma or technical issues. If any codes, scripts or what ever shouldn´t work, so feel also free to ask us right in this thread.

You can also pm me if you have special questions or what ever.

The image with updated graphics about the current status will follow tomorrow....

I should be away for 2-3 weeks...

I hope I will get a good surprise when I am back. ;-)

I am sure you will....

Cause of the celebration days it wasnt possible to proceed as planed. We also had some trouble due to the weather in the USA. So we had to move some dates to meet to finalze the project. But we actually finished now. The rest of the time will be used to become the whole content layouted.

I´ll keep you posted about the release date....calculate with it within the first two weeks of the new year....

Back and ready to start learning MPmission making.

Waiting for a good news...

LOL...you said 2-3 weeks, so I had the hope that you wont ask again before the 20th....but we really much should have a good news within the next few days...up to the time Mr-Murry needs to layout the few left pages....he´s pretty busy at the moment...please hang on a little bit